A final farewell to David Murray

ElBufalo20

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was a coward, a man who wanted to be pals with everyone including all our enemies who were attacking the club. He also was pals with the darkside and praised them every chance that he could, he would rather attack our fans than defend them. It was strange when the scum were attacking our club, that he sat back and said nothing, yet since he left our club has found its voice again. I tell it as i see it, a man who started out well and ended up a COWARD.

I doubt a guy who has overcome all the obstacles in life he has to make such a large success of himself could be described as a coward by a non entity like you....... :sherlock:

Who called him a coward?

Unlike you, I attended Ibrox pre-Souness and pre-Murray .

Unlike who ? I've being going soince i wasa young boy and was certainly there pre souness

P.S. two games a season at ibrox doesn't count..... :sherlock:

I don't think that any fair minded sensible person could deny that The Mint, as Owner of our club, overseen the most successful term of stewardship in the History of Football either in Scotland or elsewhere.

His tenure which followed on from the vision of David Holmes and the appointment of Souness

in 1986 has resulted in the most radical shake up of not only Rangers FC, but the whole of Scottish Football in general and it is my opinion that without Holmes, Souness and Murray we would have never attained things that some of us take for granted these days; ie: fantastic training facilities, World Class safe clean Stadium, great players no matter their personal belief or Race or Colour.

The other side of the coin is well documented and argued about by virtually all supporters...

Draining of every asset into MIH, Failure to stand up to our detractors, Continual smokescreen ideas or lies about exactly what is going on at Rangers, etc!

I guess Murray will always polarise Supporters opinions where to some he is regarded as a saviour and to others he is the person who brought disaster to our doorstep.

Time will be the judge of which opinion is closer to the truth.

OZ. I have read quite a few your posts. I think you offer a well balanced view of affairs. Either from our management/ownership or a critical player perspective.

Thanks for your views. Honesty is always the right way.

Cheers.

Thanks Cooper for your critique of my posts. I always try to see our club and our players through unbiased eyes.

Yes he was a coward, a man who wanted to be pals with everyone including all our enemies who were attacking the club. He also was pals with the darkside and praised them every chance that he could, he would rather attack our fans than defend them. It was strange when the scum were attacking our club, that he sat back and said nothing, yet since he left our club has found its voice again. I tell it as i see it, a man who started out well and ended up a COWARD.

I wonder if anyone could disagree with that.

Although I guess that the OP was tongue in cheek, I would be very interested to see how his record as Chairman fairs in comparison to other Chairmans of the past. For all of his faults, and money aside, he oversaw 9 in a row, 15 titles, 9 Scottish Cups, 13 League Cups and a European Final in just over 20 years (23?).

And therein lies the rub with Murray.

The words "money and "aside" just don't fit.

We're in the financial grubber and may well be paying for SDM's financial wanderings for many a year to come.

You cannot leave aside "money" when discussing him.

I liked David Murray, But i don't know about him as much as most on here purport to do. He got involved with us as purely a business venture, but as his tenure grew i think he got to like us for a while. But when things strted to go wrong financially i think it drained him more then just monetary wise, he had enough with all the hassle from the Mhedia press and never saw it as a worthwhile fight for him. If he would have been a Bluenose born and bread like us he would have kept fighting tooth and nail for the club WE love. Thanks for the memories anyway Sir and good luck to you, WATP mon the Bears.

Murray didnt defend the Rangers or the Supporters

success prior or not --- the man left us to rot to media jackboots

Like every popular club, we have a minority element that could do with being left to rot to media jackboots (WTF is a media jackboot btw?) I dont pander to the idea that every rangers fan is an angel - we've got some right dickheads in our support. If you're asking murray to defend TBB then I'd suggest your in the minority - it's not funny, it's not clever, it's antiquated and it makes every person that sings it look like they've ticked the 'no' box on their 'Evolution Opt In Form'. If you cant accept the fact that singing songs like TBB (irrespective of what THEY sing) makes you look and sound like an idiot, then you ARE an idiot. There should be no debate on this stuff anymore - evolution needs to pick up the pace a bit and weed the idiots out quicker. "But that would that leave the Shellick support" I hear you cry...

Yes... indeed.

PS. If Murray sticking up for us is NOT about TBB and about some of the other banal stuff I've read from sub 90 IQ'rs on here, please enlighten me. Otherwise, STFU about SDM - we've had tremendous success under his tenure - some people are never happy.

Like every popular club, we have a minority element that could do with being left to rot to media jackboots (WTF is a media jackboot btw?) I dont pander to the idea that every rangers fan is an angel - we've got some right dickheads in our support. If you're asking murray to defend TBB then I'd suggest your in the minority - it's not funny, it's not clever, it's antiquated and it makes every person that sings it look like they've ticked the 'no' box on their 'Evolution Opt In Form'. If you cant accept the fact that singing songs like TBB (irrespective of what THEY sing) makes you look and sound like an idiot, then you ARE an idiot. There should be no debate on this stuff anymore - evolution needs to pick up the pace a bit and weed the idiots out quicker. "But that would that leave the Shellick support" I hear you cry...

Yes... indeed.

PS. If Murray sticking up for us is NOT about TBB and about some of the other banal stuff I've read from sub 90 IQ'rs on here, please enlighten me. Otherwise, STFU about SDM - we've had tremendous success under his tenure - some people are never happy.

What you've done with the above is an absolute red herring (or is it a strawman Manticore?). I wasn't looking for Murray to defend the support when a minority behaved badly.

What I did want him to do was stand up and challenge the many articles spewing absolute hatred and lies about the Club's origins, supposed signing policy, the Ibrox disaster, ex-players, ex-managers and the constant attacks on the support.

I penned an article for Follow Follow twelve years ago pointing out that Murray and the Rangers PR machine only ever kicked into action when Murray himself or John Greig got any bad press. Why could they not come out as strongly about other key issues around the club, its history and one of the most loyal fan bases in world football? Absolute arrogance and vanity from the two men involved.

I find it remarkable that despite the dire financial circumstances our club fings itself it in....some can continue to lavish praise or jump to the defence of the individual who is responsible for it.

This thread would make interesting reading in a few months time if the club fails to attract a buyer in the summer and the ominous predictions Walter has suggested befall us.

I find it remarkable that despite the dire financial circumstances our club fings itself it in....some can continue to lavish praise or jump to the defence of the individual who is responsible for it.

This thread would make interesting reading in a few months time if the club fails to attract a buyer in the summer and the ominous predictions Walter has suggested befall us.

havent we been in this debt for a while now???

yet there has been no closing down sale, no fire sale, no flogging of the best talents

fact is murray sanctioned the going into debt to build this current squad that stands on the verge of 2iar

the beggars could well be on the way to 5iar the now if murray decided after kaunas not to spend a penny, but instead fix the finances

yet there has been no closing down sale, no fire sale, no flogging of the best talents

fact is murray sanctioned the going into debt to build this current squad that stands on the verge of 2iar

the beggars could well be on the way to 5iar the now if murray decided after kaunas not to spend a penny, but instead fix the finances

The scenario which Walter has issued warnings about will materialise this summer as the bank's plan to recoup its debt swings into action.

If you honestly think that Pedro Mendes was surplus to our midfield requirements then you are extremely gullible.

Our management team are operating without a contract....we have not bought a player in over 18 months...the fire sale and the flogging of our best talents will be a likely scenario of the implementaion of the banks plan.

Im not asking you to believe me - Im asking you to believe Walter who is far better qualified than I to predict the consequenes of this plan being implemented.

The scenario which Walter has issued warnings about will materialise this summer as the bank's plan to recoup its debt swings into action.

If you honestly think that Pedro Mendes was surplus to our midfield requirements then you are extremely gullible.

Our management team are operating without a contract....we have not bought a player in over 18 months...the fire sale and the flogging of our best talents will be a likely scenario of the implementaion of the banks plan.

Im not asking you to believe me - Im asking you to believe Walter who is far better qualified than I to predict the consequenes of this plan being implemented.

smith has contradicted himself this season in terms of the state of the clubs finances

firstly we were being ran by the bank, then 6 months later, he claims the debt problems are being exaggerated

maybe we havent signed a player in 18months because 18months ago we had a squad that was fucking far too big for the SPL

heres a question for the doom merchants on here

if murray hadnt sanctioned the purchases of

davis

edu

bougherra

lafferty (dont laugh, he's played a part, only 4 parts mind you)

mendes

would we have won the title last season and couped 15mill from the champions league, and would we be on the verge of 2iar and ANOTHER 15mill champions league windfall

Im afraid Jim I will form my opinion based on my trust of Walter's judgement rather than your very optimistic but, in my opinion, unrealistic facing up to the reality of our situation.

smith has contradicted himself this season in terms of the state of the clubs finances

firstly we were being ran by the bank, then 6 months later, he claims the debt problems are being exaggerated

Furthermore I dont see this comment as a contradiction. It is perfectly plausible for the banks to be running our club and for the debt to be exaggerated (depending of course to what fugures he was referring)

Walter, Ally and Bain for that matter are all on record suggesting that the banks plan for recouping their debt will be extremely damaging to Rangers. Are you suggesting the 3 of them are misleading us ?

Im afraid Jim I will form my opinion based on my trust of Walter's judgement rather than your very optimistic but, in my opinion, unrealistic facing up to the reality of our situation.

what situation, that we have posted a nice wee profit for 6months of financial figures, with another small profit likely to be posted in june

and then next season we'll likely have the same figures again, in a years time, the financial guru's on here predict the debt to be down to 15-20million (depending on income from champions league),

Walter, Ally and Bain for that matter are all on record suggesting that the banks plan for recouping their debt will be extremely damaging to Rangers. Are you suggesting the 3 of them are misleading us ?

they may not be misleading us, they may just have a different take on "extremely damaging to the club"

for all we know, the banks have said to smith and co that we can keep the current squad, but not add to it, and the management team feel that isnt good enough

or maybe they ARE misleading us, to take pressure off the squad ON the pitch until the title is won

Walter is standing his ground, more money to be released for new players or he's for the off. That's my reading of the situation, That coupled with (and you can believe this or not from FF) Dave King trying to mobilise FF again to put pressure on SDM to sell to Ellis re the stalled takeover. I think things will move on in the summer, some monies released for SPL players and prices. Hopefuly this will include new owners, the King consortium.

I find it remarkable that despite the truly unique circumstances we find ourselves in economically, that you still find it acceptable to take the moral high ground and blame our club's majority shareholder for where we are, despite the fact that he has presided over the most successful period in our history.

The club is in the dire financial position it is because the whole western economy is fucked as a result of the banking mess. Not because of SDM's management (although if he had a crystal ball then yes, you could have lobbed that at him too).

To blame SDM in the manner you are doing is ignorant and you know it - but you clearly have an agenda and the current plight the man in the street, the club, the nation and the global economy faces, clearly entitles you to think that you can pin the blame on the door of David Murray.

Pathetic.

I find it remarkable that despite the truly unique circumstances we find ourselves in economically, that you still find it acceptable to take the moral high ground and blame our club's majority shareholder for where we are, despite the fact that he has presided over the most successful period in our history.

The club is in the dire financial position it is because the whole western economy is fucked as a result of the banking mess. Not because of SDM's management (although if he had a crystal ball then yes, you could have lobbed that at him too).

To blame SDM in the manner you are doing is ignorant and you know it - but you clearly have an agenda and the current plight the man in the street, the club, the nation and the global economy faces, clearly entitles you to think that you can pin the blame on the door of David Murray.

Pathetic.

You were right about one thing....your revisionist history is truly "pathetic".

The club is in the dire financial position it is because the whole western economy is fucked as a result of the banking mess

Are you going to revert to lying now or are you just incapable of responding to fact ?

Our club was in a fincial mess long before the banking crisis was upon us. If you dont believe me perhaps you should check the books for the last 8 years.

Moral High Ground ? Not required. No need for any moral high ground when you are making such a complete idiot of yourself with quotes like I have highlighted.

Agenda ? You are the one who appears to be attempting to alter the facts.

Why would that be ?

Pathetic.

Is there any lie you wouldn't tell to try to restore your hero's reputation?

Pathetic.

Is there any lie you wouldn't tell to try to restore your hero's reputation?

Oh god, here we go...

I know it's a mistake but I'll ask it anyway... "where have I lied"

They will still support him :(

Pathetic.

You were right about one thing....your revisionist history is truly "pathetic".

The club is in the dire financial position it is because the whole western economy is fucked as a result of the banking mess

Are you going to revert to lying now or are you just incapable of responding to fact ?

Our club was in a fincial mess long before the banking crisis was upon us. If you dont believe me perhaps you should check the books for the last 8 years.

Moral High Ground ? Not required. No need for any moral high ground when you are making such a complete idiot of yourself with quotes like I have highlighted.

Agenda ? You are the one who appears to be attempting to alter the facts.

Why would that be ?

I must be missing something - where have I lied and what facts am I not responding to?

You can read "the books" all you like but that is something you could have done with the Banks "books" as well within the same timeframe. You would still have ended up in a mess.

The fact is that SDM borrowed money from the Banks always believing that he would be able to steer the club in a direction that would be able to virtually guarantee success on the pitch and eventually repay the bank loans at the same time, or at least offset the debt on a longer term (something business people and banks are well acclimatised to). Never in his, yours, or my own wildest nightmares could we have foreseen the Banks fucking things up so royally that it would be THEM that would have to shut the doors on US to prevent THEMSELVES from folding.

So he overspent. So he overstretched himself and he's getting shafted for it now. And you want to stick the knife in even though he's paying for it personally. And then some.

I get that you're jealous of him and the success he's achieved in his life. I get that you want to prove yourself his intellectual equal/superior by coming on here and transcribing your moral authority for all to see.

Fine - who really cares after all? I just want to see my team win. And you and your pal applecore can drop the idea that SDM is my hero - he really ain't - I set my sights a little higher and off kilter than that. I'm no empire builder nor respector of such - doesn't mean I can't respect what they've trieed to achieve though. Unlike the two of you. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves - but that's not in your make-up is it. I know your type and I also know which way you'll be voting (should you decide that the election is worthy of your vote).

Sad really, that you can be so transparent don't you think?