Sky HD

simon

Does anyones remote ever stop working? I can still turn the volume up and down on the tv with it, if I try to change the channel I get no response. This has happened a good few times. Any ideas?

Before yesterday it had never happened to me, now its happened twice. I just turn it off at the wall. Maybe there was a firmware upgrade with an error?

Correct. Do a manual update which should sort it.

Turn the power off, Hold the backup button down, turn power for while still holding the backup button, all lights will come on.

Give it about 10 minutes to reboot.

Before yesterday it had never happened to me, now its happened twice. I just turn it off at the wall. Maybe there was a firmware upgrade with an error?

Turn the power off, Hold the backup button down, turn power for while still holding the backup button, all lights will come on.

Done that already mate, was my first port of call. (tu)

Done that already mate, was my first port of call. (tu)

It continues to happen though that is my problem. I have my box inside a TV unit I am starting to think it might be overheating so I leave the door of the unit open now and again.

mine does this if it's running out of batteries. Mind that the volume and channel changing is on different IR frequencies so it might take different amounts of power too.

If you have a magic eye kicking about plug it into RF out 2 at the back of the box, Press Services, 0, 0, 1, Select to go into the Installers menu, locate RF outlet and turn it on.

If you dont have one try reseting the remote;

Press TV, Hold down Select and i(info) until the LED flashes twice, press 1 and then select. Again it will flash twice to let you know its stored.

What kinda box is it? Dont say Thompson (td)