We need a clear out

I think tonight proves that we really need to clear alot of the dead-wood out in the summer and bring in some quality players.

Players like Naismith, lafferty, edu, mcculloch should all be sold and the players who are out of contract should leave, although I'd like Boyd to stay.

That would mean the players leaving would be ;

Naismith 1million

lafferty 2million

McCulloch 500k

edu 2million

novo

Boyd

weir

smith

beasley

broadfoot

all those players should be moved on. I don't want weir to get another contract, especially with a champions league campaign coming in the new season.

We need some fresh faces and some real quality. Webster will be returning and that's a boost. Hopefully Ellis will help us hold on to our key players aka Davis and boughie.

In the new season i'd also like to see width! And rangers actually able to throw the ball to a man in space instead of always throwing it to someone with 2 men on them!

No long punts up the park either.

The new season is coming and the summer is going to be very interesting, I just hope we get everything sorted and clear the problems up.

3 in a row here we go :)

We don't need a clearout and I don't see how tonight proves that.

We've been having clearouts every year until Walter came, we need to add players to the squad.

Why should the players mentioned above stay? They're either awful or too old or not good enough.

If we get a new owner and some money those players should be first out the door.

And to think of another 3 years of lee mcculloch if smith gets that contract :(

why the fuck would we need a clear out whe the same team has won us 2 in a row wi no dough, some are shite some are good but on another day the shit are good and vice versa

Obviously we'd be replacing those players that left with better players! We can't expect the same team as this season to go Another season together, you need to freshen up sometime! The summer Is a perfect time to do that

I don't see why if we have money we should be keeping players like weir tho? Surely it's time he hung up his boots. Celtic are gonna come back stronger next year and we need to be ready.

How? Half their team will be leaving and they don't have enough cash to rebuild the squad again. Their lord and savior Keane won't be coming back either.

TG Celtic will have money to spend next year, they need to get the fans back onside and there will be investment in their team. To think otherwise would be foolish as they aren't gonna be as bad next season as they were this year.

Knee jerk reaction, i can see were the OP is coming from..but our tight knit squad makes up for the lack of quality. Sure it would be nice if we have the funds available to add more quality..but the last thing i want is more debt.

If we sell in the summer without a doubt we will have to buy.

No clearouts though, just get rid of the deadwood :wink:

I'd definitely keep Edu he's got potential I'd get shot of Naisy not just because of the old firm game I just dont think he'll ever cut it in a Rangers jersey, Beasley is more interested in designing jewellery and is always injured so he can go, if someone offered 2 million for Lafferty I'd take it in a minute, Broadfoot shouldn't be offered another contract, Stevie Smith will definitely be off, I'm not sure about Novo but I'd keep Weir if not as a player in some sort of coaching role, as we all know whose going and staying will obviously be down to the purchase of the club hopefully the sooner the better. :uk:

Make no mistake Celt*c will mount a greater challenge than last season, I would agree it is time for the players such as oh i dunno BEASLEY. It is more important we get players in first before we get rid we aren't too far away from having a very decent squad that can really have a crack at Europe as well as retain our champions status

martyboy wtf are u smokin

Naismith 1million

lafferty 2million

McCulloch 500k

edu 2million as u say ... so we sell them for what? u think we could buy better players for half the price?

then you say

We'd still have

mcgregor

Whittaker

Webster

boughie

papac

new signing

thomson

Davis

new signing

miller

new signing

and then you say

Haha obviously we are gonna be buying players! Jesus Christ I said we need to bring in some quality! Maybe keep edu, mcculloch and possibly Naismith as squad players then.

after puting a price on them and as for wier hes is the only man to have played the full spl time this season(for his age i think is fuckin awsome) considering at the start of the season everyone wanted him gone(cos he is to old) he might not have the speed but he has the skillz, how many times has he fooked up compared to our full team who have played this season and as for the scums next season well mr MoPoPery fucked that up when he got rid of the last sqaud, they could not afford a rebuild for another season or 2(if they can win the LG)

Tbh mate a wouldn't keep those players but a suppose we do need a larger squad so as ppl say we'd bring players in first then see about selling but if we were to sell I think that's what we'd get for them. Mate if we want to have a serious chance in Europe next season davie weir can't figure in our plans! We sit far too deep with him there, it's time for him to go. He's been a greatt servant but we need to move on.