Newcastle friendly

gordov

Don't mind the Geordies at all, know a couple a lads from there and get a good laugh with them.

Looking forward to them coming up (tu) (if true).

And if the burds are anything like Cheryl Cole then yaldy!!

Cheryl Cole :anguish:

The epitome of overratedness.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geordies - Whit ya takin aboat like pet

Mackems - Whit ye talkin aboot man

Smoggies - What are ya talkin about ya know

Are you some sort of expert on accents and dialects?

:BELM:

The Toon Army are coming to Ibrox on Saturday 7th August. Pistol Pete says he can't wait as can Alan Smith who he says is a massive Gers fan. All in tomorrow's DR

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is this todays DR or Saturdays?

I will not be attending any home friendlies unless it is against Chelsea, Linfield or Millwall. I cannot see it being any of these teams so I doubt I will be going to Ibrox before the season kicks off.

Away friendlies aside i think the only one i have been to at ibrox in the last ten years is Chelsea, which was a great day.

I hate friendlies and the drinking is the only decent thing about the away ones.....

Correct. :thumbup:

Good news.

Is that a comment to try and be controversial or do you actually like the sound of a boring tie at home?

To try and be controversial? Christ Gary, it seems you've been listening to too much of what some certain mods say about me haha

Nah, just quite pleased to have a look at Newcastle and see our team again on my doorstep again, even perhaps with new signings - though I'll not hold my breath on the last point. I wouldn't have chosen Newcastle if it me was but it makes sense as its a sort of local tie for Newcastle.

There is always a pre-season friendly at Ibrox, after all, whether or not you or anybody likes it all.

Good news.

Is that a comment to try and be controversial or do you actually like the sound of a boring tie at home?

I think it was so he could remind us all when his birthday was..... :(

Last year's card was really funny, don't worry :wink:

Here's the story btw:

May 14 2010 By Scott McDermott

Peter Lovenkrands will make an emotional return to Ibrox after Rangers fixed up a glamour friendly against Premiership new boys Newcastle United.

Record Sport can reveal the Danish striker will be back in Glasgow with the Toon Army on August 7 for the pre-season clash with the SPL champions.

Lovenkrands, who's still an avid Rangers fan, admits he can't wait to appear at Ibrox again four years after he left for German side Schalke.

And he insists the rest of Chris Hughton's Newcastle squad are as thrilled as him about the prospect of facing Gers a week before they kick-off their Premiership campaign.

The 30-year-old said: "As soon as I heard about the possibility of playing at Ibrox I was praying it would happen.

"When I found out it was actually on, it was really exciting. I've been back for games since I left and was out on the pitch at half-time and the fans were great with me.

"But this is the first time I'll have the chance to play at Ibrox again and I can't wait to run out that tunnel one more time.

"I don't have to tell the Newcastle players about the Ibrox atmosphere as they are already aware of how good it will be.

"I've spoken to them and I know they are all looking forward to it especially someone like Alan Smith. He's a big Rangers fans so he is desperate to play at Ibrox.

"All the backroom staff can't wait either. The physio here, Davie Henderson, used to be at Ibrox as well so it'll be good for both of us to go back and see some old friends."

Lovenkrands believes the game will provide the Geordies with the ideal preparation ahead of the new season in England's top flight.

The Dane was a key man for United in their charge towards the Championship title this season.

And Lovenkrands, who was mostly used as a winger at Rangers, says he's exactly the same player the club let go in 2006 when Paul Le Guen took over at Ibrox.

He said: "I always wanted to play as a striker for Rangers and that's where I'm playing for Newcastle.

"So I'm the same player but maybe a bit more experienced now than when I was at Rangers.

"This game will be ideal for preparation for both clubs. We're going into the Premiership and Rangers will be gearing up for the Champions League.

"Playing the Scottish champions will be a great test for us. Any game at Ibrox is tough and that's why we're all really excited about it.

"Our fans are also happy about going up to Glasgow and I'm sure they'll enjoy the occasion as well."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2010/05/14/lovenkrands-heading-back-to-ibrox-as-newcastle-agree-pre-season-friendly-with-rangers-86908-22257471/

Don't mind the Geordies at all, know a couple a lads from there and get a good laugh with them.

Looking forward to them coming up (tu) (if true).

And if the burds are anything like Cheryl Cole then yaldy!!

Cheryl Cole :anguish:

The epitome of overratedness.

Behave son.

Maybe rangers will still play Stoke Gary? Just on a different date?

Look at last year, we played Man City at home and Pompey away, still a good chance.

Good point.

Jawdees :anguish:

Mackums :anguish::anguish::anguish:

They both smell of shite.

Sunderland would be the most catholic of the two but at least they sorta keep themselve's to themselve's.

Geordie's just go on and on about how they are the "biggest" club in the world just going through a rough patch the last 50 odd year's.

Could do without them coming up tbh.

We aren't a catholic club mate. The vast majority of SAFC supporters who follow the old firm support Rangers.

Jawdees :anguish:

Mackums :anguish::anguish::anguish:

They both smell of shite.

Sunderland would be the most catholic of the two but at least they sorta keep themselve's to themselve's.

Geordie's just go on and on about how they are the "biggest" club in the world just going through a rough patch the last 50 odd year's.

Could do without them coming up tbh.

Makems are the English version of Dundonians , smelly inbred taig lovers

Doesn't Newcastle have one of the largest Irish clubs in the North of England? Not to mention the fact one of the largest Celtic supporting branches in England?