The Founders Picture Gallery

Here are a few images that show the work that has gone into promoting and celebrating our Founders who formed the world's greatest club.

From here

Fleshers Haugh

28reijp.jpg

To here.

15e7ddd.jpg

William ''Daddy Dunlop'' wrote a beautiful article back in 1881, which told of our early days.

He wrote : '' Genial Peter McNeil would go from the West End to Fleshers Haugh on a saturday morning and stand guard over a piece of ground until the sacred hour came when his team-mates joined him''

We felt that this was such a dramatic image we had a painting done which was accepted on behalf of the Club by David Weir last October:

2m438d5.jpg

The painting now hangs on the Marble Staircase within Ibrox.

29prz49.jpg

We also had a Plaque unveiled within the GCC Football Center at Fleshers Haugh last september.

Our Founder Peter McNeils Grand-Daughter was delighted to pull the cord for us.

15s4r4g.jpg

Gordon Smith was also delighetd to lend his support.

t5lu6r.jpg

Every penny generated by the Founders Trail goes straight towards promoting and celebrating the four kids.

Some rather wet Bears are ready to Follow Follow in the foot-steps of our Founders last year on the Founders Trail.

9gkaqh.jpg

An elderly Moses McNeil outside his home in Roseneath looks delighted with the celebration of his and others hard work.

xr4m8.jpg

Hope you enjoy these images, more to follow.

Although we are keeping some new research under wraps until our onw website is up and running.

You chaps have made the request. ML has decided to refuse it which is his prerogative.

Can we now please keep subsequent threads free of this? PM is more than sufficient if you want to ask him directly - IIRC he also posted his email address which folk can use to contact him directly.

Would it derail this thread entirely if I asked whether this valuable and interesting information is being made available on all Rangers websites I'm sure they would all love to learn more and have the opportunity to ask questions.

I'm sure the OP will let you know.

And my thanks to him for sharing this with us.

Some rather wet Bears are ready to Follow Follow in the foot-steps of our Founders last year on the Founders Trail.

9gkaqh.jpg

There's some right bad yins there :P

And some good yins! :D

Another shot of the same group.

15438_185625222149_502667149_3861728_4651833_n.jpg

So it is indeed true!

Ibrox can be seen directly from Bill Struths resting place.

Great pictures..thanks.

I have no idea why the club had never thought in the past of doing this kind of thing.

Well done to the organisers.

So it is indeed true!

I found that the most moving moment of the day, looking at Mr Struth's grave with Ibrox in the background fair brought a lump to my throat.

So it is indeed true!

I found that the most moving moment of the day, looking at Mr Struth's grave with Ibrox in the background fair brought a lump to my throat.

And to think that Mr.Struth's funeal cortege passed directly passed our Founder Peter McNeil's final resting place which is 30 yards away.

A lovely heart-warming thought.

Would it derail this thread entirely if I asked whether this valuable and interesting information is being made available on all Rangers websites I'm sure they would all love to learn more and have the opportunity to ask questions.

This (tu)

This (tu)

Actually, I think this is actually hugely interesting and confirms my intention to go on one of these tours. Great pictures, really worthwhile.

Limited seats available for Sunday 27th June and Sunday 18th July.

Drop me a note to : thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com and i'll take it from there, be delighted to welcome all on-board for a journey of discovery.

The Greatest Story Never Told ..............until now.

Here's exactly where our ground stood at Kinning Park.

10860ls.jpg

1887 saw us close Kinning Park , and a match took place to mark the event between the Moderns and Ancients.

Here's the team pic.

Front row seated, far left bowler hat and cane:

Moses McNeil

Opposite end of the row from him bowler hat and tache , his brother and co-Founder Peter McNeil.

2lvlibp.jpg

So it is indeed true!

Im quite sure it did.