Blue Is The Colour

Ozblue

I thought it was to stop people confusing it with the Scotland shirt?

Like if they were both called the dark blues, imagine the commotion. Hence the light blues.

:pipe:

Its very simple. A Rangers home shirt should always be Royal Blue. The same tone as Schalke, Birmingham City. Stupid umbro and the mhedia think we are a light blue team. This problem needs to be sorted out.

Its very simple. A Rangers home shirt should always be Royal Blue. The same tone as Schalke, Birmingham City. Stupid umbro and the mhedia think we are a light blue team. This problem needs to be sorted out.

It's not only Umbro and the mhedia who think we are a "Light Blue Team" because if you look on Rangers official website, you will notice that even they call us the Light Blues.

More a lack of consistent naming rather than a problem, I'd imagine.

The shade of Blue has definitely changed since the 60's. I have trouble posting pics here

(probably need to use Firefox or something) but there are pics from the 60's where its such

a 'rich' wonderful shade of Royal Blue with the V neck.

Yes, as has been stated, we were known as the Light Blues far back in our history, but I think our

'official' colour is Royal Blue.

In the three pictures below the Eric Caldow top looks slightly darker than the team line up picture, and the Willie Henderson one looks a slightly different shade also. I think it's difficult to judge from pictures as there are so many different inks used but I have a the '60's replica top and from memory watching in the '60's, I also believe the top is a shade of Royal Blue much like the shade in the team picture.

Rangers60s.jpg

Ericcaldow.jpg

williehenderson.jpg

The shade of Blue has definitely changed since the 60's. I have trouble posting pics here

(probably need to use Firefox or something) but there are pics from the 60's where its such

a 'rich' wonderful shade of Royal Blue with the V neck.

Yes, as has been stated, we were known as the Light Blues far back in our history, but I think our

'official' colour is Royal Blue.

In the three pictures below the Eric Caldow top looks slightly darker than the team line up picture, and the Willie Henderson one looks a slightly different shade also. I think it's difficult to judge from pictures as there are so many different inks used but I have a the '60's replica top and from memory watching in the '60's, I also believe the top is a shade of Royal Blue much like the shade in the team picture.

Rangers60s.jpg

Ericcaldow.jpg

williehenderson.jpg

thats what you call a strip :wink:

Until the 1930's The Rangers blue was similar to that of ManCity/Napoli/Marseille

source The Rangers Miscellany, by Robert McElroy, page 2 (2008) edition.

In the print I have, 'Rangers Jerseys Through the Ages', it certainly looks 'Sky,(ish),Blue' in the first illustration, the 1872 one of Moses McNeil but certainly looks a 'Royal Blue' in the 1928 one of Alan Morton, with the 1913 illustration one of Tommy Cairns somewhere in between. Again it could be down to printing colours.

rangersjerseys4.jpg

Until the 1930's The Rangers blue was similar to that of ManCity/Napoli/Marseille

source The Rangers Miscellany, by Robert McElroy, page 2 (2008) edition.

In the print I have, 'Rangers Jerseys Through the Ages', it certainly looks 'Sky,(ish),Blue' in the first illustration, the 1872 one of Moses McNeil but certainly looks a 'Royal Blue' in the 1928 one of Alan Morton, with the 1913 illustration one of Tommy Cairns somewhere in between. Again it could be down to printing colours.

rangersjerseys4.jpg

Brilliant pics and excellent responses guys....Take a bow.:clap:

That McEwans top that King Richard is wearing is my favourite.I passed it on to my young fella and he will pass it on to his. Priceless.

This picture clearly shows Rangers is a Royal Blue team and NOT a Light Blue team. I will send this poster to Umbro so that they can learn.

rangersjerseys4.jpg

I hope you get a bit of success mate! Royal Blue is the bees knees colour IMO.(tu)

fucking dire thread :rolleyes:

Have you managed to make your old dear climax yet ?

Never mind, keep practicing. You'll get there Declan, we believe in you

From the description of the new home jersey on the Megastore site;

The perfect blend of classic tailoring and high-performance fabric, the new Rangers Home Shirt is a radical change for the 2010/11 SPL season. Evoking the memory of Rangers kits from the glorious Bill Struth era of 1920-54, the Rangers Home Shirt 10/11 features a traditional royal-blue colour contrasted by a distinctive white collar.

From the description of the new home jersey on the Megastore site;

The perfect blend of classic tailoring and high-performance fabric, the new Rangers Home Shirt is a radical change for the 2010/11 SPL season. Evoking the memory of Rangers kits from the glorious Bill Struth era of 1920-54, the Rangers Home Shirt 10/11 features a traditional royal-blue colour contrasted by a distinctive white collar.

Now we're getting somewhere, robo...I might buy 3 of them so I don't run out.:pipe: