Bougherra now linked with megabucks Malaga

Newly taken over Malaga have today shown interest in Madjid Bougherra, with a reported £4million pound deal being prepared. The new owner of the La Liga team, Qatari tycoon Abdullah bin Nasser Al-Thani, apparently wants the Algerian defender to be the bedrock of a new era at the Spanish club.

17.jpgIt is also been mooted that as part of any potential deal, Rangers would be invited to play a money spinning friendly in the Qatari capital Doha.

The Sunday Mail is reporting that representatives of the club have already made contact with representatives of the Algerain stopper. The Sheikh, who is leading up a consortium of businessmen, now plans to head out to South Africa to meet the 27-year-old in a bid to sell him on a move to Spain.

According to quotes in the paper attributed to someone close to Bougherra: "It would be a dream for Madjid to play in Spain but his focus is on the World Cup and then he'll decide his future."

This is just the next chapter in the saga of Bougherra ultimately leaving Rangers this summer. However, if this story is in fact true then surely an owner openly travelling to meet with our player in order to sell him on a move to his club is tapping up?

If they have the money then £4million simply wouldn't happen, he's worth more, unless of course it is all paid up front which Smith could then use this season to bolster the squad.

View the full article

swap for Albert Luque and Gámez + £5m and its a deal! :wink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but for 10million, he will have to go!

i knowww,but can you imagine this:a big club comes in and offers 9.5 million euros for him,the club accepts,and the player says NO i wanna stay,my contract doesn't run till 2012,,,,what will happen then?serious

Any club offering that kind of money for him will be a big club, also, by paying that much they will be showing bougherra how much they want him, which along with them probably being a big club, will mean he will go... IF a big bid of over £6M comes in and the club accept it, Bougherra will leave

although if barcelona or even real madrid did offer him a contract i doubt he would say no ;)

oh i know that,,,,but we shall wait and see heh?better than jumping to conclusions now and start slagging players off and comes september we'll all start claping them again,just like nothing happened..........

according to an algerian journalist who met aly mcoist in south africa,he told him that rangers are not ready to sell majid even if offers came inn,,,,,,,,,,,now who would you believe?

although if barcelona or even real madrid did offer him a contract i doubt he would say no ;)

oh i know that,,,,but we shall wait and see heh?better than jumping to conclusions now and start slagging players off and comes september we'll all start claping them again,just like nothing happened..........

i have not and never will slag off Bougherra, i rate him too highly as a footballer

(tu)

according to an algerian journalist who met aly mcoist in south africa,he told him that rangers are not ready to sell majid even if offers came inn,,,,,,,,,,,now who would you believe?

Ally McCoist told BBC Scotland that we wouldn't be selling Alan Hutton about a week before he moved to Spurs.

Now who would you believe.................

as long as the pay packet is as big as backside.

i know he's got a fat ass,but his pay packet at rangers is not really that FAT.....compared to what he can get at any other club(malaga,psg,galatassaray,roma,hamburg....etc)

as long as the pay packet is as big as backside.

i know he's got a fat ass,but his pay packet at rangers is not really that FAT.....compared to what he can get at any other club(malaga,psg,galatassaray,roma,hamburg....etc)

All the more reason to leave

If Malaga truly do have a backer with substantial funds who sees Bougherra as a key component to his future side, we should take him for all he is worth. On the other hand, Malaga could have another Suleiman al-Fahim and be going down the route of Portsmouth FC (only without luxurious parachute payments!). Either way if it is in the 8 to 10 million pound range, ensure the cheque clears and start shopping!