The Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour . June 27th 2010

Once again we take our journey of discovery through the streets of Glasgow visiting the sites and celebrating the people that played a role in establishing The Rangers in our early years.

From Fleshers Haugh to Kelvingrove, to the McNeil family home in Berekeley St to Burnbank to Kinning Park then Craigton Cemetery and on to tour our magnificent Ibrox Stadium, with many other places of interest in between.

With the current financial fiasco surrounding the Club, come and join us on a journey back to our roots in 1872, where the only thought was forming a boys club and taking it to the top.

''Rangers FC, formed only for the love of football''.

For further details drop me a note to :

thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

Here's a couple of images of recent Founders Tours.

Hamilton Crescent Partick,scene of our very first Scottish Cup Final in 1877.

2vxgaao.jpg

Fleshers Haugh.

syqte1.jpg

Bears ready to take the journey of discovery (the only wet day we've had )

Honest !

t0pwsx.jpg

Our home at Burnbank, just off Great Western Road.

5myhs3.jpg

Our Founder Peter McNeil's Grand-Daughter unveils our plaque at Fleshers Haugh which we also visit.

34oy49g.jpg

And dont forget to get your commerative t shirts from someone who has nothing to do with this "non profit" making enterprise :rolleyes:

Every penny made from this venture is ploughed back into the research that promotes the good name of our Founders.

Put your energy in something positive, you'll feel so much better.

And dont forget to get your commerative t shirts from someone who has nothing to do with this "non profit" making enterprise :rolleyes:

Every penny made from this venture is ploughed back into the research that promotes the good name of our Founders.

They say there's always one mate.

On RM there's usually about a dozen :rolleyes:

But I know you won't let the bastards grind you down.....

Reading the book just now. My school is right next to Kelvingrove Park; I had no idea of this until a few days ago! Been at the school for almost 10 years, and only find out when I'm leaving.....also the club I'm going to play hockey for tonight groundshared with us at Burnbank all those years ago, it's crazy.

Our Founder Peter Campbell lived in a house looking on to the park (West End Park at the time) at No.2 Parkgrove Terrace.

The building still stands.

That whole area we refer to as 'Founders Country'

im taking my dad to this in july and looking forward to it

regards the t-shirt jibe if that stops you getting an insight into our founders then your better off at home with a book

The on-going research means the Founders story is constantly evolving.

We're uncovering little gems frequently.

Looking forward to sharing our wonderful story with you and your dad next month.

regards the t-shirt jibe if that stops you getting an insight into our founders then your better off at home with a book

Looking forward to sharing our wonderful story with you and your dad next month.

can you garauntee the weather? :P

can you garauntee the weather? :P

Including the walking Tour we done this will be our fifth Trail.

It's rained once.

God, Sun , Righteous and all that my friend.

They say there's always one mate.

On RM there's usually about a dozen :rolleyes:

But I know you won't let the bastards grind you down.....

I wont let them grind me down thanks

Every penny?????? Even those made by the fat profiteer and owner of FF who sells commerative t shirts. I don't believe you.

Guest therabbitt

Drop the tshirt stuff, no point going over ground that was covered in the first thread this had. It's boring - if you're not wishing to go on the trail or interested in hearing about it then just give the thread a miss.

:)

Every penny?????? Even those made by the fat profiteer and owner of FF who sells commerative t shirts. I don't believe you.

Dont want to go on the tour? Dont go.

Dont want to buy a T Shirt? Dont buy.

Simples.

Drop the tshirt stuff, no point going over ground that was covered in the first thread this had. It's boring - if you're not wishing to go on the trail or interested in hearing about it then just give the thread a miss.

amen to that, sick of hearing about this. Presumably those getting on their high horse about this dont go to Rangers pubs as the owners are profitting from their fellow Rangers fans and damaging their health in the process?

amen to that, sick of hearing about this. Presumably those getting on their high horse about this dont go to Rangers pubs as the owners are profitting from their fellow Rangers fans and damaging their health in the process?

The irony is that the self same poster started a thread a couple of weeks ago actively promoting a site that sells - you've guessed it - Rangers tee-shirts. He failed to mention to which charity the profits were going. :ph34r:

The irony is that the self same poster started a thread a couple of weeks ago actively promoting a site that sells - you've guessed it - Rangers tee-shirts. He failed to mention to which charity the profits were going. :ph34r:

Who, the rabbit or nemisis? Or someone else?

Nemisis

Nemisis

I'm sure it was within a different context but frankly i dont care i'm sick of hearing all this shit when the founders trail topic comes up.

Nemisis

I'm sure it was within a different context but frankly i dont care i'm sick of hearing all this shit when the founders trail topic comes up.

AMEN ! To that mate. :uk:

sounds gd to me! will wait until nearer the start of the season though me thinks!

We had to hold off until the fixtures for next season were released before we could identify dates for the Founders Trail and Stadium Tour for August, September and October.

Once the first batch of live games have been published we'll advertise when we will be running.

lol

Just a wee reminder for those who have booked on this sunday's Trail.

The Open-Top bus will depart from the John Greig statue at 12pm sharp.It would be appreciated if you could be there no later than 11.45.

No tickets have been issued for the Bus but ''Olive'' will check names as you board.

We have a lot to cover as we make our way around Glasgow, from Fleshers Haugh to Burnbank, to Berkeley Street and on to the south of the River Clyde.

We also have a 30 minute 'pit-stop' at West of Scotland Cricket Ground in Partick, it's a beautiful setting and the scene of the Rangers first ever Scottish Cup Final. Much more about that on the day.

We are due to arrive at Ibrox Stadium for the Tour at 3.30 which takes just over an hour.

I look forward to sharing our wonderful story with you.

Just a wee reminder for those who have booked on this sunday's Trail.

The Open-Top bus will depart from the John Greig statue at 12pm sharp.It would be appreciated if you could be there no later than 11.45.

No tickets have been issued for the Bus but ''Olive'' will check names as you board.

We have a lot to cover as we make our way around Glasgow, from Fleshers Haugh to Burnbank, to Berkeley Street and on to the south of the River Clyde.

We also have a 30 minute 'pit-stop' at West of Scotland Cricket Ground in Partick, it's a beautiful setting and the scene of the Rangers first ever Scottish Cup Final. Much more about that on the day.

We are due to arrive at Ibrox Stadium for the Tour at 3.30 which takes just over an hour.

I look forward to sharing our wonderful story with you.

Has this tour sold out yet bud ? I heard there were 2 or 3 seats left at the weekend !