Football Manager 2007 Official Thread!

Official FM Thread

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another league title for barcelona, what really annoys me is the reluctance of Man utd to sell me any of their players christ offered 80m for rooney they rejected my bid, tried to sign c.ronaldo offered 75m was told it would cost 120m, which i could have payed but i feel that is a little overpriced

Click on Alex Ferguson and see what he thinks of you, some managers don't sell if you don't get on well.

If he "has a fairly low opinion of you", praise him and he might reduce the asking price.

Click on Alex Ferguson and see what he thinks of you, some managers don't sell if you don't get on well.

If he "has a fairly low opinion of you", praise him and he might reduce the asking price.

i never knew that, nice tip (tu)

they wanted 137 million for rooney and 126 now for ronaldo load of bollocks

i have come to notice that if your club has loads to spend then clubs ask for 10m+ over the asking price sometimes more but if you have little money to spend you get them for half their price its a sham

In one game i tried to sign ben arfa from lyon offered 12m was told it would cost 17m, at the time i didn't have the money so thought i would wait till the january window, mid-way through october ben arfa signed for zaragoza for a mere £2.9M FFS. so of course had to change transfer target so looked to sign n'zogbia other clubs had offered 6.5m for him so i matched their bids only to be told that it would cost in excess of 12.5m for me to sign him but accepted the 6.5m bids from the other clubs!!!!!!!! Whats that all about

i noticed something similar, so when i was bidding for a player the next time i saved before hand so i could resubmit a bid. Discovered that if i offered anything around what was acceptable to them they would ask the same amount more, in this case 50k

the player was valued at 750k

offer 700 they ask for 750

re-load offer 750 they ask for 800

re-load offer 800 they ask for 850

going the other way didnt work tho offer 650 they ask for 750

:lol:

You could use GenieScout mate, it could be seen as cheating but it's no really!

It lets you know exactly how much you will have to pay for a player so you don't go over the top.

Give me a shout if you want it, I'll find a link.

:lol:

You could use GenieScout mate, it could be seen as cheating but it's no really!

It lets you know exactly how much you will have to pay for a player so you don't go over the top.

Give me a shout if you want it, I'll find a link.

hey could you send me a link to this mate

i have also noticed that any players you put on your shortlist will be signed by other clubs in your league regardless of how crap that player maybe

Last night i deliberatly put some crap french boy on my shortlist and just before the window closed this player moved to Real betis for 250k but the player was absolute mince so i think this proves me right am gonna do it again tonight

Its January 2015.

Managed Queen's Park for 5 and a bit seasons taking them to the SPL and UEFA Cup, but resigned in a huff after the board continually sold my players for peanuts without asking me.

Applied for the Sunderland, Everton and Reading jobs (teams in the relegation area of the EPL) and was knocked back. Applied for Watford, Coventry and Wolves (mid table clubs in the Championship) and was knocked back.

Couldn't find a job for 2 months and my rep dropped from national to regional :(

I then applied for the Empoli job, relegation candidates in Serie B. I saved them in my first season (2012) by signing golden oldies like Fabio Grosso, Roman Riquelme, Distin and Drogba.

The next season I consolidated my position by finishing 11th. Season after that I won promotion by winning in the play-offs (finished 4th).

I'm now sitting 3rd in Serie A, having beaten both Milans away from home 2-1.

I'm liking this game again.

i started a game at preston was there for 2 years moved onto zaragoza 2 years there also then got offered the Inter job was there for 3 years and was enjoying the game as i had worked my way up from preston to a world class reputation then the game crashed and wont let me load it

Nearly finished my 6th season at Barca got offered the Brazil job just before the olympic qualifiers which i won also so my plan is to continue with this game until i reach the top of the hall of fame,

i need 60 points to reach the top of the spanish league and the scottish nationality

and 115 points for european and world

i am 2 for spain 3rd for scotland, 5th for european and 2nd in the world standings (get extra points for national trophies in this section)

so i rekon if i do a clean sweep of trophies which will take me over 30 trohies in 6 season i should be top of all the halls of fame :0)

i cant get into FM. can anyone recommend a team or challenge ?

If your really lookin for a challenge try rotherham... that would be murder.. getting promoted in your second season !

Can anyone suggest me a team ? I dont want a massive challenge but id like to be in a league where you can get promoted... therefore i dont want to be a giant club... just a decent club in thier own league.