Football Manager 2007 Official Thread!

Official FM Thread

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Stafford Rangers in my first season I organised a friendly against my reserve team, and lost 3-2....

Still managed to get promoted through the playoffs and am now 2nd top of League Two after 12 games.

Thing is, I've yet to play any of the top 6 teams, and I know they're gonna do me over.

I can't seem to sign any decent players on loan, in fact, I'm struggling to entice reserves from the Championship.

Gutter.

try playing with a guy with massive pace with a guy with 20 heading and 20 jumping and play him as a target man, in lower leagues pace is actually more important than finishing. and if you get a good partnership at scoring goals then you'll do well.

yer, i went a season with grays, i had a player called dennis oli (this was in fm 06) and his pace was like 18 acceleration 18 and finishing was about 10 or 11 and he was immense for me!

As Stafford Rangers in my first season I organised a friendly against my reserve team, and lost 3-2....

Still managed to get promoted through the playoffs and am now 2nd top of League Two after 12 games.

Thing is, I've yet to play any of the top 6 teams, and I know they're gonna do me over.

I can't seem to sign any decent players on loan, in fact, I'm struggling to entice reserves from the Championship.

Gutter.

try playing with a guy with massive pace with a guy with 20 heading and 20 jumping and play him as a target man, in lower leagues pace is actually more important than finishing. and if you get a good partnership at scoring goals then you'll do well.

I've got as close to that as I can just now.

Duncan Ferguson (15 heading, 16 jumping) laying off balls to Craig Gunn (19 pace, 17 stamina and workrate)

But my midfield is pretty bad. Spose I should just play long ball and drop the passing game :(

Well im in March on my first season with Barcelona im top of the table by 4 points from Real Madrid Fernando Torres has been my top scorer so far with 17 goals and Zambrotta and Deco have been my most consistant performers upto now.I broke a youngster called Javi into the first team after Puyol got injured and he's rarely put a foot wrong so i gave him a 5 year contract

Gutter.

Duncan Ferguson (15 heading, 16 jumping) laying off balls to Craig Gunn (19 pace, 17 stamina and workrate)

But my midfield is pretty bad. Spose I should just play long ball and drop the passing game :(

yeah, I play slightly attacking with playing direct football and using my targetman, very effective in FM07 imo.

Gutter.

Can't beat craig gunn in division 1-3

I'm in my 7th season with Rangers just now, 6 in a row so far! Anyway, just wondering...Does SDM ever sell in this game? I keep only getting like 2-4 mill a season to spend so have to keep bringing in youngsters.

SDM GTF!

I started all over again, picked Napoli in the Serie B.

Missed promotion just barely the first season, got kicked out in the semi-finals of the playoffs for promotion.

Second season was mure succesfull, promoted through the playoffs so now in Serie A.

The press think I'll get relegated, but I got 4 points out of my first 2 games, including a 1-3 over Lecce (other one was a 0-0 against Lazio).

Remember I was having a panic in League Two with Stafford? Won it last day of the season!

Into League One, bought Charlie Miller, Oliver Tebily, Tom Siddons, Charlie Ide, Graham Alexander and a regen from MyPa.

Fingers crossed...

Board took out a £1.5m loan to add 3000 seats to my 3000 (530 seat) stadium. WHHHYYY?

Give me more seats!

By the way, if you need an affordable striker:

Bucchi from Napoli, or otherwise Calaio, also Napoli.

They don't cost a lot but Bucchi scored 37 goals for me last season (cup and friendlies included).

As for assists: De Zerbi (Napoli :P) is a great player, put him on the right flank or centre midfield and he'll just drop perfect passes in the box. He's also quite good at free kicks.

I always sign a target man and a quick striker. currently playing as inter on a network game and I have Zlatan and Klose playing up front, utterly deadly.

If I'm someone with not alot of money then it has to be eddie johnson and bianchi.

Started a game with Wrexham. 2 Games, 2 Draws - Mansfeild and Bristol Rovers. Teams not quite geled and I can't see what it needs. Have Lee Robinson on Loan from Rangers ,John Armstrong on loan from Hearts and Jennison Myrie-Williams on loan from Bristol City. I signed Craig Gunn (striker 18 pace, 12 finishing) Neil Andrews and Lloyd Richardson (Determined Centre Mids with good Team-Work) and Andy Hessenthaler (Right mid or centre with most Mental attributes orange)

I think i've made good enough signings. And i'm in the process of making the signing of another striker.. Bryan Scott of Arbroath who has 18 pace and 18 finishing. What do i do to get them playing together ?

I always sign a target man and a quick striker. currently playing as inter on a network game and I have Zlatan and Klose playing up front, utterly deadly.

If I'm someone with not alot of money then it has to be eddie johnson and bianchi.

Nikola Zigic and Darren Bent up front for Tottenham ^_^

Zigic is one of th ebest target men, 6ft 7, 20 heading and 17 strength. And Bent just scores goals :)