I Have a Virus On My Laptop

andymc10

Well i went out and came back turned my laptop back on and kept getting that fake virus protection thing that tells you that you have to scan your computer and theres loads of viruses on it. Then i close it and keep getting loads of pop ups telling me about it from a virus protection thing i dont have which is a virus it doesn't let me on the internet it loads for a second then closes any ideas on how to fix this :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this virus. Download and run this

http://download.cnet.com/SuperAntiSpyware-Free-Edition/3000-8022_4-10523889.html?part=dl-6281995&subj=dl&tag=button

That should work,failing that you can manually block the cookie.

SuperAntiSpyware is also a fantastic tool.

I would recommend you download this and malwarebytes because malwarebytes is known to have better detection rates. ;)

I have that free AVG anti virus been using it for a while now :) cheers for the info the problem with downloading that link nezzyyy is that i can't get on the laptops internet to download it :( and no I've not installed any programmes recently :(

I have that free AVG anti virus been using it for a while now :) cheers for the info the problem with downloading that link nezzyyy is that i can't get on the laptops internet to download it :( and no I've not installed any programmes recently :(

Try running your computer in safe mode.

Restart your computer and keep pressing F8. A menu will appear and make sure you choose 'Safe Mode with Networking' then try using your internet and just google malwarebytes.

You can use Malwarebytes in safe mode as well. To get out of safe mode just restart your computer.

Restart your computer and keep pressing F8. A menu will appear and make sure you choose 'Safe Mode with Networking' then try using your internet and just google malwarebytes.

You can use Malwarebytes in safe mode as well. To get out of safe mode just restart your computer.

Cheers lads (tu)

Cheers lads (tu)

you should be able to download the software onto another computer, take that file (via a memory stick) to your own laptop & install it to your own machine .. in case you can't access your own t'interweb

If it's the XP Internet Security virus then it's a cunt to get rid of if you don't have anti-virus, Malwarebytes or Spybot installed. A mate brought round a laptop with none of these and had to download a script that made changes to the registry as the virus stopped you from installing any programs.

So i tried that malware bytes thing just done a quick scan returned 28infections or whatever its called had to restart the laptop and it went back to the exact same thing now im trying it on a full scan hopefully be better :D but a quick scan took 15 minutes so i dont want to know how long a full scan takes :anguish: Will i try downloading that super anti spyware at the same time or wait for this malware thing to end ? Ps it is on xp

So i tried that malware bytes thing just done a quick scan returned 28infections or whatever its called had to restart the laptop and it went back to the exact same thing now im trying it on a full scan hopefully be better :D but a quick scan took 15 minutes so i dont want to know how long a full scan takes :anguish: Will i try downloading that super anti spyware at the same time or wait for this malware thing to end ? Ps it is on xp

Download SuperAntiSpyware after Malwarebytes full scan has finished. :)

What is the name of the rougue anti-virus that is popping up?

Download SuperAntiSpyware after Malwarebytes full scan has finished. :)

What is the name of the rougue anti-virus that is popping up?

cheers :) AV antivirus :anguish:

Hmmm <cr>

Thats a new one. I have never seen or heard of it.

Is it maybe called Green AV Anti Virus?

i think it might be acctually :sherlock: im on my laptop now on this and youtube should i be ? <cr>

Hmmm <cr>

Thats a new one. I have never seen or heard of it.

Is it maybe called Green AV Anti Virus?

i think it might be acctually :sherlock: im on my laptop now on this and youtube should i be ? <cr>

Did you run the full scan?

My boy recently got this on his machine.

i have Norton360 on his & my laptop and it still got infected ... however, a scan with the same software found it and removed it .. after about 5 hrs of scanning, i had to leave it overnight.

the scan has been running for 58 minutes :anguish: and hasnt finished yet :anguish: what do you recommend i use thats free? :craphead:

The full scan is bound to take a while. The more files you have on your computer the longer it will take. :sherlock:

Suprisingly one of the best free AV'S is Microsoft Security Essentials. Panda Cloud AV is also very good plus it dosen't take up a lot of memory on your computer.

so the scan is finished now and it returned no malicious stuff :anguish: i waited that long for fuckk all :anguish: il try that other thing now :D

Well what is it that is still popping up?

Are you able to use your Internet now?