Lo.. I hear a voice in the Wilderness

D'Artagnan

"they are proud of our protestant culture and you have no chance of ever turning our support against the protestant culture"

=====

How would singing FOS turn poeople against that culture????

and how many of the people who sing these songs are actually church goers? most just folk who sing because they want to, not because they belive and are proud of a religion

well he has been going on about our culture and how there is no place at ibrox for it in other threads,but to be honest i know you dont care about our protestant culture,and it does not bother me because the majority of our fans do care,and your entitled to your opinion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the atheists? Do they embrace these religious traditions with both hands?

No Im quite sure they dont.

You hate our our religious traditions...

You hate our flag...

The only question is why you thought you needed to answer this post IB.

One has to be a devil's advocate and ask the relevant questions and I do not hate 'our flag'. Many would refute what 'our' really means anyway. One of the proudest moments of today's game, for me, was the Aberdeen fans singing Flower Scotland. Infact, I joined in.

if you love flower of scotland that much start singing it at ibrox and see how many join in,not many yet when its the sash or no surrender thousands join in,do you know why becuse they are proud of our protestant culture and you have no chance of ever turning our support against the protestant culture

The man beside me today turned round and said said (During No surrender) 'What has that got to do with Football?' And I think that hits the nail on the head to an extent. On FOS, I really do think your barking up the wrong tree there Minstral, that had nothing whatsoever to with anybody's religion at that point but me celebrating my nationality.

what has national anthems got to do with football? you had no problems singing along to FOS

"they are proud of our protestant culture and you have no chance of ever turning our support against the protestant culture"

=====

How would singing FOS turn poeople against that culture????

and how many of the people who sing these songs are actually church goers? most just folk who sing because they want to, not because they belive and are proud of a religion

Tell me something Justiston....

What is it you believe in ?

What cause would cause you to lay down your life to defend ?

What would you like to see our club associated with as an ethical code or standard ?

What about the atheists? Do they embrace these religious traditions with both hands?

You hate our flag...

One has to be a devil's advocate and ask the relevant questions and I do not hate 'our flag'. Many would refute what 'our' really means anyway. One of the proudest moments of today's game, for me, was the Aberdeen fans singing Flower Scotland. Infact, I joined in.

if you love flower of scotland that much start singing it at ibrox and see how many join in,not many yet when its the sash or no surrender thousands join in,do you know why becuse they are proud of our protestant culture and you have no chance of ever turning our support against the protestant culture

The man beside me today turned round and said said (During No surrender) 'What has that got to do with Football?' And I think that hits the nail on the head to an extent. On FOS, I really do think your barking up the wrong tree there Minstral, that had nothing whatsoever to with anybody's religion at that point but me celebrating my nationality.

can you answer me why flower of scotland is not sung at ibrox?

You hate our flag...

can you answer me why flower of scotland is not sung at ibrox?

because its ibrox we're at no hampden

well he has been going on about our culture and how there is no place at ibrox for it in other threads,but to be honest i know you dont care about our protestant culture,and it does not bother me because the majority of our fans do care,and your entitled to your opinion.

=====

I dont think you understood my questians, i dont get how you said singing FOS would damage or get rid of this culture?

No, protestant beliefs to do with RFC.

I see 'my Church' as Springburn Parish Church' so it's not you D'a and your protestant beliefs but its link with the Club.

Are you really sure you can qualify that first statement IB ? I will give you an opportunity to retract it.

As a side show show....what of the tims absence of poopy ?

1. The first statement of post 15 or the thread?

2. You have asked my view on CFC's poppy absence before and I see no relevant reason to go back to it.

IB I really dont care if you post what church you claim you belong to....you have already mocked our religion,,, therefore your claim to church membership is nothing more than token.

My post is not directed towards "token" Protestants...but those who live their lives according to the Word...and not some set of human ethics which is obviously not strong enough for you in that you still claim church membership. Whats that about ? Covering all bases just in case ?

I'm afraid it seems that D'a is just a little tired of me retorting to these big long monologues he introduces. That's a little disappointing as that seems to me he isn't ready to defend such a topic he has such enthusiam if he has to demean my comments but maybe that's fatigue again.

=====

I dont think you understood my questians, i dont get how you said singing FOS would damage or get rid of this culture?

are you happy for rangers to be classed as fans with a protestant culture or would you rather the distanced themselves from it.?

I see 'my Church' as Springburn Parish Church' so it's not you D'a and your protestant beliefs but its link with the Club.

Take your views down to the halls in Millerbank St in Springburn some day and see what reaction you get youll be back in Clydebank faster than train could take you.

Are you really sure you can qualify that first statement IB ? I will give you an opportunity to retract it.

As a side show show....what of the tims absence of poopy ?

1. The first statement of post 15 or the thread?

2. You have asked my view on CFC's poppy absence before and I see no relevant reason to go back to it.

IB I really dont care if you post what church you claim you belong to....you have already mocked our religion,,, therefore your claim to church membership is nothing more than token.

My post is not directed towards "token" Protestants...but those who live their lives according to the Word...and not some set of human ethics which is obviously not strong enough for you in that you still claim church membership. Whats that about ? Covering all bases just in case ?

I'm afraid it seems that D'a is just a little tired of me retorting to these big long monologues he introduces. That's a little disappointing as that seems to me he isn't ready to defend such a topic he has such enthusiam if he has to demean my comments but maybe that's fatigue again.

Not at all.....but I find it hard to debate with hypocrisy.

You are content to proclaim your membership of a church whilst in the next breath proclaiming your acceptance of humanist ideals.

At least have the spine to stand in one camp.

Its nothing to do with fatigue....more your prevarication of which set ideals you wish to embrace.

=====

are you happy for rangers to be classed as fans with a protestant culture or would you rather the distanced themselves from it.?

Would rather folk kept there religion to their homes and churches to be honest.

So, can you tell me how our national anthem will 'get rid' of this culture? :)

=====

Which national anthem is that Justiston ?

GSTQ ?

Or the imposter which is played at Scotland matches which celebarates a hsitorical battle nearly 700 years ago...whilst those who blast it out decry Rangers fans who have the audacity to sing about a historical battle 400 years ago.

Over to you.

=====

well ib was happy to join in with flower of scotland and he would rather hear that than our protestant song and if he could you included,if he could get his way would rather have that song sung than our protestant songs,and if you had your way you would rather there was no protestant songs sung at ibrox be a man and just admit it.

My lesson in conversation is actually me just by passing a rhetorical question you asked :)

Now wait your turn...

In other words...I cant answer the question you posed...but I will try and remain arrogant and aloof and look intelligent.

Fooling no-one.

Guest orangpendek

i'm either drunker than i thought or you guys are making some way out there arguments

i have no idea what anyone is talking about