Team spirit vs big money signings.

Ok, so times right now are pretty poor in financial terms, and yes, it is depressing reading about Celtic signing this player and that player whereas we cant afford to keep the players we already have.

But, we as a support need to remain positive, The league can still be won.

The young players have their chance to shine this year and become the players that we hope they could be, and above all the Rangers squad will need to rely on their team spirit.

Last year when Ross County beat Celtic (featuring the messiah up front) they didnt have any big money signings, but what they did have was a tremendous team spirit, which celtic never had the whole season.

If Rangers can gel as a team, which we know walter is fully capable of achieving, then 3 in a row should be a definite possibility.

Lets do it!

WATP :21:

the thing is i do beleive that Lemon WILL introduce a team spirit, wether he is tactically aware to change a game that he is losing is a different story but the fight will be back at their club.

Well said mate. Celtic threw away lots of money last year on a team of mercenaries who capitulated. We kept the same team (albeit thorugh necessity rather than choice)and it paid dividends in spirit. I just hope the fans don't jump on the players backs when a few results don't go our way this year. I have a feeling it's going to be a dogfight this year and what we need is heart.

You need a mixture of both, you could have the best team spirit in the world but without quality players in your team you'll get nowhere.

We saw last season how Celtic only had signings and no team spirit or time to gel, which is why they failed.

True. But I believe we already have a group of players who can succeed, and there is a possibility that any big name signing may flop.

Was that the same Ross County spirit that saw them pumped in the final? Its all very well in one off games, but to come out top at the end of a season, you need quality on the pitch.

Was that the same Ross County spirit that saw them pumped in the final? Its all very well in one off games, but to come out top at the end of a season, you need quality on the pitch.

I agree, but Im taking that specific game as an example of how team spirit can work, because in that game the Ross county team had a tremendous team spirit (not so much in the final) and celtic just didn't, and thats what saw them through.

If we can instill a consistent level of high moral and spirit, that may be more invaluable than a signing that maybe wont fit in with our currrent crop.

I agree, but Im taking that specific game as an example of how team spirit can work, because in that game the Ross county team had a tremendous team spirit (not so much in the final) and celtic just didn't, and thats what saw them through.

If we can instill a consistent level of high moral and spirit, that may be more invaluable than a signing that maybe wont fit in with our currrent crop.

To be fair I dont think anyone can question the team spirit as it is, take the 9 men in the cup final v St Mirren as proof, and the UEFA Cup run. It wasnt quality football that gave us those successes if you like. A mix of the two is ideal, but I think its the quality we are well short of at the moment.

You need a mix.

I could get a team of my mates together who have a greater will to win than the current Rangers squad, but we're not good enough to do anything.

People like Broadfoot and McCulloch can try hard all they want, but better players will just take the pish out of them.

To be fair I dont think anyone can question the team spirit as it is, take the 9 men in the cup final v St Mirren as proof, and the UEFA Cup run. It wasnt quality football that gave us those successes if you like. A mix of the two is ideal, but I think its the quality we are well short of at the moment.

(tu)