Smiths comment re this Summer

nvager

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We need 5 or 6 quality players plus good squad players. In all we need around 9-10 new summer signings. Anything less and we wont be challenging AGAIN next season!

We need 5 or 6 quality players plus good squad players. In all we need around 9-10 new summer signings. Anything less and we wont be challenging AGAIN next season!

Well, you may be right on MuffGer, but I cannot see us splashing out so much cash, UNFORTUNATELY, unless we get rid of a good few.

Bring through some youngsters too.

Loy, Shinnie, Furman, Lennon, Fleck, etc.

Next season the SPL winners get straight into the CL group stages for season 2008-09. That is an automatic £10million. Surely there is an added incentive to go out and win the league. In order for us to challenge celtic next season we MUST buy quality. celtic will be stronger next season.

Next season the SPL winners get straight into the CL group stages for season 2008-09. That is an automatic £10million. Surely there is an added incentive to go out and win the league. In order for us to challenge celtic next season we MUST buy quality. celtic will be stronger next season.

Well for a start you would think Murray would invest to insure we get it

But he doesnt have the stomach for RFC anymore does he and he couldnt care less what we want

What a bawbag he is (beer)

I think the flood of players, both in & out, that some are either predicting or hoping for is the worst thing that could happen to us. Rangers have fallen into the "complete rebuild" trap before and we're still paying for it! doh

For those who think Adam and/or Burke will be replaced in the summer..........absolutely no chance guys! Both players are seen as the future of our club by the best coaches in the game. Why on earth would we get rid of them?

Time to bite the bullet guys and gals...........we'll sign 3 quality players in the summer, if that, and a couple of Bosmans as cover.

IMO the only positions in drastic need are another striker, although Gow may be earmarked as a starter given our long-term habit of playing players out of position, and a real attacking midfielder. Buffel would, in an ideal world, be a shoe-in for this but his time may have run out. We also need cover for the left-back position as Murray has shown lately he's not up to it.

As always, this is only my opinion. But I'd put money on it!

I'm not bothered about not spending in the summer. At the end of the day we're 4'ish games behind Celtic, and take away those crappy losses against the diddy teams when Le Guen was manager we would be contending for the title.

We can win it next year with the team we have right now. Bringing in 100 players will only upset things like it did when Le Guen brought so many in at once.

I'm not bothered about not spending in the summer. At the end of the day we're 4'ish games behind Celtic, and take away those crappy losses against the diddy teams when Le Guen was manager we would be contending for the title.

We can win it next year with the team we have right now. Bringing in 100 players will only upset things like it did when Le Guen brought so many in at once.

I just love how ambitous you are pal...it must be very exciting on your planet

Surely this chap wins comment of the day :Animation44: (beer)

We can win it next year with the team we have right now

Not a chance, especially when celtic strengthen in the summer. Players like Adam are not good enough to be playing at Rangers.

At the end of the day we're 4'ish games behind Celtic

A league that celtic have had wrapped up since October. We are still 13 points behind them. They took the foot off the gas come December.

Not a chance, especially when celtic strengthen in the summer. Players like Adam are not good enough to be playing at Rangers.

I will repeat what Ive been telling you guys for ages......not up to RFC standard and too many donkeys

Our club is full of them and there will be additional ones in the summer :Animation44: (beer)

You mean the only player in the team who can take a decent corner kick?

You mean the only midfielder at the club who carries a real goal threat?

Yes, a player who is slow, lacks ability, poor fitness, rash in the tackle, wasteful at times and doesnt think. A player who found his level last season at St. Mirren. This is how poor we have become when players like Charlie Adam play every week.

I hope we do spend at least £10m in the summer but i have to say i will be very disappointed if thats who we spend the money on. I would take scott brown but £3m is too much for him imo. I would take scott mcdonald and definetly sidwell( i doubt we will get him though) but mcculloch is pish and nugent is overated and would cost £5m+

Nugent is vastly over rated mate (tu) He like's like the SPL's Scott Brown, Flavour Of The Week. Preston fans have told me that they would bite the hand off any team who offers 5 million for him. If we are seriously considering spending half of our (alleged)summer budget on one player who is not even tested at International level then I will be left shaking my head in disbelif. Surely if you want a striker from The Championship you have to be going for either Healy or Earnshaw? Earnshaw has been a goal machine everywhere he has gone, bar his spell at WBA and Healy has a fantastic international record for Northern Ireland.

We could easily get both of them for 5 million. It's going to be so important that we spend our money properly because the results will be disastorous if we don't.

There are a lot of quality players going on a free in the summer, we should try to sign up a few of them, especially with the wage bill being reduced.

Yes, a player who is slow, lacks ability, poor fitness, rash in the tackle, wasteful at times and doesnt think. A player who found his level last season at St. Mirren. This is how poor we have become when players like Charlie Adam play every week.

Mate

Why single him out for abuse? He is not the worst player at the club, not by a country mile. I think his lack of natural pace is ultimately going to hamper his career, but he looked a better player when Smith was in the side, so perhaps having a decent left back playing behind him would help? Remember how bad Hutton looked when Rae was playing right midfield.

Mate

Why single him out for abuse? He is not the worst player at the club, not by a country mile. I think his lack of natural pace is ultimately going to hamper his career, but he looked a better player when Smith was in the side, so perhaps having a decent left back playing behind him would help? Remember how bad Hutton looked when Rae was playing right midfield.

I think also what many people forget is that he's what 20-21 years old and is in his 1st season with the 1st team. He is as people would say been thrown in at the deep end, not drip fed into the 1st team like Smith, Hutton, Burke et al

I'm not just singling him out, there are a good few who are not good enough(Ehiogu, Svensson, Papac, Rae, Murray etc) I dont see anything in Adam at all bar a decent left peg and a few good set pieces.

For those who think Adam and/or Burke will be replaced in the summer..........absolutely no chance guys! Both players are seen as the future of our club by the best coaches in the game. Why on earth would we get rid of them?

you've got to be joking, burke and adam future of the club? wow, we really have sunk low!

If they see Adam as the future then why did Smith try to sign an ALM/LM in the January window? He also wanted Brown who can play on the right. Both will be replaced in the summer I'd imagine(and hope)

If they see Adam as the future then why did Smith try to sign an ALM/LM in the January window? He also wanted Brown who can play on the left. Both will be replaced in the summer I'd imagine(and hope)

Because anybody can see that Adam is NOT a left winger. At St Mirren he play as a central attacking midfielder, as he did at Ross County and as far as I'm aware this is where he played in the youth teams at Rangers. I really dont see him playing LM next season, he plays there now out of necessity as we have no-one else that is left footed in midfield.