McGregor Thanks Levein For Second Chance

Stu1993

From Lindsay Herron in Sydney

ALLAN McGREGOR has revealed his gratitude to Craig Levein for giving him another chance with Scotland and the Rangers star is odds-on to be back in the fold next month.

Regular No1 Craig Gordon is out for three months after breaking his arm and McGregor seems the obvious choice to face Sweden on August 11 in a friendly and a good performance will guarantee him the gloves for the Euro 2012 double header against Lichtenstein and Lithuania in September.

McGregor, of course, had been banned by the SFA along with Barry Ferguson in the wake of Boozegate and he appreciates Levein bringing him back.

Speaking to Blues News Down Under said: "It was good that Craig Levein indicated that he wanted me back. He came to Murray Park soon after he took over and spoke to a few of the lads and we all liked what we heard.

"I obviously know that Craig is injured and that's disappointing for him. First of all I have to be picked but I obviously hope that I can get into the team.

"That's not a given because Marsh (David Marshall) did really well last season at Cardiff so I can't expect just to walk in.

"There are some big games coming up and I would like to be part of them but I realise that there is competition for the position."

I believe McGregor has became a better player and person after the boozegate thing, and it was interesting reading what Goram had to say about him the other day.

Good to hear levein is willing to put this shit to bed now and play mcgregor! Some of the comment after the boozegate scandal were a disgrace towards shagger! A fantastic keeper who for me should be scotlands no1 period!