Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

It's patently obvious that there are people within our club, in the boardroom and in the stands, who want to see an end to any connection Rangers has to Protestantism, the OO, Loyalism, Ulster etc. and are quite happy to allow our enemies to do their work for them.

~That wouldn't be a bad thing, though.

Maybe not for you, but others would disagree.

Still waiting on you to expand on what you said about me above.

Or will I just assume that you are incapable of backing up what you say with evidence?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally different circumstances altogether.

Go on humour me....why is it different ?

Well actually it depends on what you mean by "attack".

Well you were the one who asserted it was different circumstances altogether. Have you opened your mouth without engaging your brain ?

It's patently obvious that there are people within our club, in the boardroom and in the stands, who want to see an end to any connection Rangers has to Protestantism, the OO, Loyalism, Ulster etc. and are quite happy to allow our enemies to do their work for them.

And that could be said, for any subject in any walk of life.

Dart you are spot on about not starting out the Protestant club, but we ended up known all over the world as the Protestant club. Also in my opinion :lol: our founders were Protestant when you think that they decided that football would not be played on a sunday. I also dont think that we would have ended up so big a club without our Protestant culture, thats also only my opinion. Having followed our club from the late 50s we had a massive Protestant support back then, and if you could move that support into todays world our enemies would not get away with their attacks.

Did you get a straw poll, from time to time, out of curiosity?

I should have asked over the last few years.

Did not need a straw poll Boab, in those days we had a massive support and had fans that you could trust. If you were old enough to have been part of that support, you would know what i mean.

Totally different circumstances altogether.

Go on humour me....why is it different ?

Well actually it depends on what you mean by "attack".

Well you were the one who asserted it was different circumstances altogether. Have you opened your mouth without engaging your brain ?

Well when I read "attack" I assumed you maybe meant some sort of racial attack which would have been different altogether.

Well when I read "attack" I assumed you maybe meant some sort of racial attack which would have been different altogether.

And pray tell me what constitutes a racial or sectarian attack. In fact tell me what are the essential elements of a racial or sectarian attack either verbal or in print ?

And pray tell me what constitutes a racial or sectarian attack. In fact tell me what are the essential elements of a racial or sectarian attack either verbal or in print ?

I'd like to think you'd be smart enough to know what qualifies as a racial attack, but I still don't know what you meant by attack, that's why I'm waiting for an answer to the question I've asked.

Compare the defence of Spiers to the attacks on Rangers fans. Strange.

What attacks?

You have bad mouthed your fellow supporters throughout the whole thread.

Where? Show me one instance of undeserved criticism I have given our support.

Undeserved is a subjective term. You have gone out of your way to blame our own for the continued criticism from a biased media. When the words of Speirs are brought in to the thread, you can't wait to jump in and defend him, inferring that the author had used his words out of context.

What attacks?

Undeserved is a subjective term. You have gone out of your way to blame our own for the continued criticism from a biased media. When the words of Speirs are brought in to the thread, you can't wait to jump in and defend him, inferring that the author had used his words out of context.

I know it is a subjective term - I am asking for your take on it. I haven't blamed our own, I have said that some of our fans are indefensible. That's not attacking the Rangers support, just a section of the Rangers support who's actions warrant an attack.

As for Spiers, his words were taken out of context - and context is everything when discussing journalism.

I'd like to think you'd be smart enough to know what qualifies as a racial attack, but I still don't know what you meant by attack, that's why I'm waiting for an answer to the question I've asked.

Oh I do...but I was wondering if you did.

To answer your other question...

Discredited, villified, lambasted, undermined, misrepresented.

You stated it as if it was fact.

Earlier in this thread you stated that the multi-chinned - and yet singularly talentless - Traynor was 'spot on' in his criticism of our support.

You being in agreement with his opinions is no proof that his criticism is deserved.

Dart you are spot on about not starting out the Protestant club, but we ended up known all over the world as the Protestant club. Also in my opinion :lol: our founders were Protestant when you think that they decided that football would not be played on a sunday. I also dont think that we would have ended up so big a club without our Protestant culture, thats also only my opinion. Having followed our club from the late 50s we had a massive Protestant support back then, and if you could move that support into todays world our enemies would not get away with their attacks.

Did you get a straw poll, from time to time, out of curiosity?

I should have asked over the last few years.

Did not need a straw poll Boab, in those days we had a massive support and had fans that you could trust. If you were old enough to have been part of that support, you would know what i mean.

It just often seems an overwhelming generalisation, right or wrongly.

You stated it as if it was fact.

I could and maybe should have said...IMO however I do think people should take most post's opinion rather than fact.

As for Spiers, his words were taken out of context

Show me where they have been taken "out of context".

They were lifted out of an article - No explanation of what the article was about or why he said it is given.

Hence, out of context.

Rather than being out of context I would respectfully suggest that no context is given. However there are plenty of other examples where the context is given. But you appear to have chosen to ignore them.

I find that very concerning. Very concerning indeed.

Particularly coming from you who in this very thread accused another Bear of being "selective" when he was highlighting unsavoury behaviour by Celtic supporters.

There is one thing playing Devils Advocate TWB but you have ignored considerable evidence against Spiers and chosen to attempt to discredit another Bear's examples of unsavoury behaviour by Celtic supporters.

Earlier in this thread you stated that the multi-chinned - and yet singularly talentless - Traynor was 'spot on' in his criticism of our support.

You being in agreement with his opinions is no proof that his criticism is deserved.

He was criticising the fans that sung sectarian songs at the Blackburn game - which they did.

What attacks?

I know it is a subjective term - I am asking for your take on it. I haven't blamed our own, I have said that some of our fans are indefensible. That's not attacking the Rangers support, just a section of the Rangers support who's actions warrant an attack.

As for Spiers, his words were taken out of context - and context is everything when discussing journalism.

Indefensible in the eyes of a self-appointed, self-righteous, moral guardian. I very much doubt whether this dodgier, darker element gives a toss about whether they have your approval.

At what stage in your time supporting Rangers did you decide that it was time for you to cleanse us and rid us of the undesirable element in our midst?

Funny how some like to condone Speirs for bile yet are quick jump on the mopery bandwagon and blame us!

I've seen no evidence of this.

Well, they'd like to see the context in which Spiers wrote these words. The Rangers fans are blamed and shat upon by there own for singing the chorus of TFIO, the context being 'ripping the piss' I am pretty sure the handwringers on here crack up at TFIO getting sung! 10310.gif

As for Spiers, his words were taken out of context

Show me where they have been taken "out of context".

They were lifted out of an article - No explanation of what the article was about or why he said it is given.

Hence, out of context.

Rather than being out of context I would respectfully suggest that no context is given. However there are plenty of other examples where the context is given. But you appear to have chosen to ignore them.

I find that very concerning. Very concerning indeed.

Particularly coming from you who in this very thread accused another Bear of being "selective" when he was highlighting unsavoury behaviour by Celtic supporters.

There is one playing playing Devils Advocate TWB but you have ignored considerable evidence against Spiers and chosen to attempt to discredit another Bear's examples of unsavoury behaviour by Celtic supporters.

We weren't talking about the other comments by Speirs though were we? You said that Speirs had called every Rangers fan a bigot 'to a man' and he hadn't. The other comments dont matter as they are irrelevant to what we were talking about. It was you who brought that comment up but have deflected onto other things Speirs has said......exactly what the Press do with us in regards to Sectarian singing.

And the guy who posted the pic was being selective. I wasn't, I just ignored what was irrelevant to our discussion.