Biggest waste of money

downviewbear

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was 2.5 million but we've had a few corkers, negri was such a letdown after a superb start

we only ended up paying £1m as we refused to pay anymore due to him coming with a bad knee.

love how it always gets blown out of proportion all the time.

but was still a bad signing due to us paying his wages for so long.

was 2.5 million but we've had a few corkers, negri was such a letdown after a superb start

we only ended up paying £1m as we refused to pay anymore due to him coming with a bad knee.

love how it always gets blown out of proportion all the time.

but was still a bad signing due to us paying his wages for so long.

how the hell did he ever pass a medical?

Bert Konterman.

Before anyone mentions THAT goal, I also remember almost half a dozen he cost us single handedly at Celtic Park when he would either be caught sleeping at a corner or give away a stupid free-kick in a dangerous area, having his hands all over one of the diving bastards (Sutton or Petrov)

Other than him there's been a few like Flo & Guivarc'h - but we got decent money back on them, so not a total waste.

Guys like Prodan was just unfortunate. I remember him signing for 2-2.5 million but I've heard a few times we spent upto 5 million on him.

I liked Michael Ball as a full-back, but 6 million was too much.

Capucho was a flop, but he was 700 grand, so reluctant to mention him.

Letizi

Fanfan Svensson Rodriguez Bernard

Capucho Konterman Mladenovic

Jeffers Ostenstad Sebo

That would be some team. Not wastes of money as some were loan deals and free agents but in terms of general pishness it would be a good team :)

andy webster. Not up there with prodan etc in terms of transfer fees but i dread to think what we have spent on him in wages for 18months on loan when he played once and spent the rest of the time in the treatment room, the undisclosed transfer fee to sign him permanently and whatever we have spent on him in wages in the 2 years since then. We can talk about the like of flo lafferty, ball etc not living up to their transfer fees but at least they made some kind of contribution. Webster came to ibrox 3.5 years ago and hes played once ffs