A steal for 1.5 mil

aldo

Given that the jelavic deal might or might not go ahead i am quite excited about James Beattie wearing the red white and blue.

given that he maybe 32 means nothing to me but experiance im sure walter can get the best out of him, no dought in my mind that if he gets the love of the game back which im sure he will when he joins us and sees how pasionate we are im sure he will score for fun and feel 22 again.

whats you guys think???

I think he'll do great up here. When watching MOTD i saw him come off the bench and score goals for stoke so he is a goalscorer.

Easy, yea definetly going to score goals in spl and hopefully champions league. looking good!!

I do think he'll do well up here and would be more than happy to have him. I would just hate to think he will be our only signing. I have read what Walter has said about the other transfers but he forgot to mention that Portsmouth don't want to sell Tommy Smith. The Jelavic deal isn't looking very good right now either.

If we get Beattie we seriously need to get wingers and people who can put a good cross in. He's a great target man to have if you get quality crosses into him.

Confident he will score his share of goals but just wish he was 3 or 4 years younger so he had sell on value.

Think of this.

we let kevin thomson go for 2 mil, a player who was decent but nothing we cant cover.

we let wilson go for 2 mil a player again we can cover.

boyd gone for nothing but beattie will score 20-25 goals so boyd replaced yea!

all in good business, it all evens out in end.

what about mendes beasley and novo we are badly lacking creativity and attacking options

talk it up all you want but if we only sign one player we are going to be found out sooner rather than later

Optimism!!!! I love it!!!!!!

James Beattie has a proven record of finding the net and is a massive character off the pitch. We obviously lost our most infectious personality - novo - could Beattie replace some of the spirit we lost?? Wtp

at first i wasnt keen on his age despite knowing what he can do and having seen him from youth player through to where he is now, but im warming to it, he would make a good partner for kenny and will be very keen on champions league which he hasnt played in before

they have got to get jely.beattie is proven goal scorer .and 100% injury prone typical panic buy.must admit good bit of buisness if they get t.smith for 1.6mil blackpool must be laughin.wee give away adam and try to sign him. joke.wee must just like wastin money.

Yea Beattie will score goals alright...shame we had to wait until he was 32 going on 33 years old before we did it though.

However, I think a lot of the fans will be asking why we are spending a reported £1.5 million transfer fee plus a big wage bill to get Beattie when the money could have been used to re-sign Boyd and Thomson on improved contracts.