Jelavic deal back on with work permit panel set to meet

The way I see it we have 2 options...

1, We have to sell Davis to fund this Jelavic transfer.

2, They are takeover talks in the background and money has been assured from this.

3, we actually have the money for it!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You would disagree with your shadow though :wink:

dont take it out on me coz your talking nonsense

(tu)

its my opinion we had 9m to spend this summer so i think,

we already had money to spend and we have put 7m worth of bids in, (maybe 10m if you include benalaoune) without selling any of our more expensive assets. what if those deals went through? (they could still go through any day now) would we have delayed the deals till we sold bougherra, mcgregror or davis? we are actively looking at bringing a number of players in and im sure i have heard the club saying we do not welcome any bids for anyone so we are not actively seeking the sale of anyone either.

we have money, to say otherwise is a lie (tu)

not sure the second point needs mentioning its so silly, doubt very much walter has been told by the russian or ellis that he can spend what he wants coz they will be in charge soon

just my opinion

(tu)

just read this on another site, do you think there is any truth to this (ps don't shoot the messenger!!)

Just heard from my mate who works at Ibrox that Jelavic has now came to an agreement with Rapid on his pay off and will fly to Glasgow tomorrow for a medical and sign a 3 year contract worth 16,000 a week.

Conway will not move to Rangers from Dundee Utd, and neither will Goodwillie after the capture of Jelavic.

Walter will then look to bring in Benaloune the St Etienne centre half for £1/£1.25m as they expect a late bid for Bougherra in the region of £5m and they will not be able to turn this down, as the player is looking to leave even although he saying otherwise in the press. The only other addition will be the Arsenal player who plays left wing & is on trial at the moment.

hope this is bang on tbh In regards to Jelavic, not boogie

AR

200 pages here we go! Ffs did no work last week because of RM going crazy. Now we have Benalouane signing, Jelavic signing and some vodka head mafioso trying to buy the club. Looks like i'm not getting any work done this week also. I'm waiting for 'McGregor has 20 in bed romp with 19 Miss World candidates.'

Excellent summary! Luckily I was on holiday last week (tu)

(tu)

we already had money to spend and we have put 7m worth of bids in, (maybe 10m if you include benalaoune) without selling any of our more expensive assets. what if those deals went through? would we have delayed the deals till we sold bougherra, mcgregror or davis? we are actively looking at bringing a number of players in and im sure i have heard the club saying we do not welcome any bids for anyone so we are not actively seeking the sale of anyone either.

not sure the second point needs mentioning its so silly, doubt very much walter has been told by the russian or ellis that he can spend what he wants coz they will be in charge soon

just my opinion

(tu)

I'm not taking anything out on you :lol:

Nobody know for sure what is going on, but it's my opinion. I disagree with you thinking we have a transfer kitty near or even close to £10million.

If we don't spend £10million is that a lie you are coming out with, of course not. It's all about opinions. ;)

We can afford this. Of course only the money men know for sure, but we've saved millions off the wage bill already. And with KT and Wilson gone, we must have enough to swing this - and the Arsenal lad and 1-2 others.

Bain said negotiations ended. True -- and I believe him. He also said it was up to the lad's 'camp'. So all agreed.. just need the guy to sign. Possible scenario.

just read this on another site, do you think there is any truth to this (ps don't shoot the messenger!!)

Just heard from my mate who works at Ibrox that Jelavic has now came to an agreement with Rapid on his pay off and will fly to Glasgow tomorrow for a medical and sign a 3 year contract worth 16,000 a week.

Conway will not move to Rangers from Dundee Utd, and neither will Goodwillie after the capture of Jelavic.

Walter will then look to bring in Benaloune the St Etienne centre half for £1/£1.25m as they expect a late bid for Bougherra in the region of £5m and they will not be able to turn this down, as the player is looking to leave even although he saying otherwise in the press. The only other addition will be the Arsenal player who plays left wing & is on trial at the moment.

hope this is bang on tbh

AR

Quite interesting this mate. As i have told 1 other memeber on here i was told that there would be another striker coming in over the weekend or talks would begin at least. I was also told that the young Arsenal player would be deffinately kept on.

We shall see tho

hope your wrong and we dont sell bougherra for a poxy 5m

00000042.gif

hey flecky, just fixed my post, great news re Jelavice, defo do not want to see boogie go!! it wil be interesting to see what happens in the next few days, still believe we need an out and out winger

AR

(tu)

we already had money to spend and we have put 7m worth of bids in, (maybe 10m if you include benalaoune) without selling any of our more expensive assets. what if those deals went through? (they could still go through any day now) would we have delayed the deals till we sold bougherra, mcgregror or davis? we are actively looking at bringing a number of players in and im sure i have heard the club saying we do not welcome any bids for anyone so we are not actively seeking the sale of anyone either.

just my opinion

(tu)

And in the real world

We have sold Thomson and Wilson for £7 Million.

We have spend £1.3 Million on Beattie

We can sign Jelavic and a cb for a combined £5.7 million and bring Barazite in and break even.

Then Boughie or Davis will leave in the last week of August and fans like you will be happy cause we have spend some money.

I'm not taking anything out on you :lol:

Nobody know for sure what is going on, but it's my opinion. I disagree with you thinking we have a transfer kitty near or even close to £10million.

If we don't spend £10million is that a lie you are coming out with, of course not. It's all about opinions. ;)

no coz i thought we had 9

;)

(tu)

hope this is bang on tbh In regards to Jelavic, not boogie

AR

It would make sense, we would have to sell somebody like Bougherra or Davis as I mentioned earlier to help fund Jelavic and possibly Benaloune.

And in the real world

We have sold Thomson and Wilson for £7 Million.

We have spend £1.3 Million on Beattie

We can sign Jelavic and a cb for a combined £5.7 million and bring Barazite in and break even.

Then Boughie or Davis will leave in the last week of August and fans like you will be happy cause we have spend some money.

are you saying we didnt have money to spend before we sold wilson and thommo?

that would be a lie, we obviously DID

wrong again, i will be livid if we sell bougherra or davis coz i know we wont get a true valiue for them

@AR

Well, if this is a goer (Boogy leaves, Benalouane coming in, Jelavic in), then Walter must believe he (Benalouane) is an able replacement. One thing -- as we know -- is Walter's CB signings have been extremely good. So this could be a great bit of business.

I'd be quite happy to see it - even if it means Boogy going -- simply because of my trust in Walter in this dept.

hey flecky, just fixed my post, great news re Jelavice, defo do not want to see boogie go!! it wil be interesting to see what happens in the next few days, still believe we need an out and out winger

AR

defo, i think 2 wingers, probs only get 1 though

(tu)

@AR

Well, if this is a goer (Boogy leaves, Benalouane coming in, Jelavic in), then Walter must believe he (Benalouane) is an able replacement. One thing -- as we know -- is Walter's CB signings have been extremely good. So this could be a great bit of business.

I'd be quite happy to see it - even if it means Boogy going -- simply because of my trust in Walter in this dept.

like you buddy i believe in Walters judgement, if in fact the above mentioned goes through it wouldn't suprise me if Sir Walter has sprung a gem again, although it would be nice to keep boogie aswell!

WATP

who said guaranteed? :lol:

im sure i said its my opinion!

weve been warned but you keep going................

Of course it's a opinion as I said earlier, but you tried to go around and highlight the exact amount by jumping both feet in with your not £10million it's £9million. Like it was a set in stone.

A wee joke Flecky, bit surprised you jumped back in again :lol:

Warned by who, I haven't been warned.

Of course it's a opinion as I said earlier, but you tried to go around and highlight the exact amount by jumping both feet in with your not £10million it's £9million. Like it was a set in stone.

A wee joke Flecky, bit surprised you jumped back in again :lol:

Warned by who, I haven't been warned.

is that right? <cr>

(tu)