9 days to go - in's & out's...!?

Muff

Is anyone expecting any movement in or out of the club?

IMO, we still need a versatile defender and an attacking midfielder, along with holding onto the likes of Bougherra, Miller, Davis, McGregor...

Nacer Barazite is still training with the club, so he could be an option, and it will be interesting to see if any deal takes place!?

I feel we are still light at the back. Andy Webster is a liability (injuries), and I've never been that comfortable with Sasa Papac. I would like to see another defender brought into the club, one capable of playing centre and left back, which leads to someone like Benalouane.

We saw today that with a few injuries/suspensions, the bench isn't the strongest, and we have a long season ahead of us. Both Andrius Velicka and Andy Webster were nowhere to be seen today, so I wonder if we are looking to move them on before the window closes, freeing up some money?

Not too sure if people heard the name, Youssef El-Arabi getting mentioned at the game today? According to rumours, we are supposidly looking at him, how true, who know's? An attacking midfielder, capable of playing left, right and centrally, who plays for Caen.

Hopefully we can do some more buisness before the window closes :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think 3 players will get late bids put in and then massive decisions will need to be made.

1, Bougherra, I just can't see this window passing without a bid being made for him.

2, Kenny Miller, he's on top form and a year left on his contract. They will be a club down south keeping a eye on this situation and it will test our resolve.

3, Sasa Papac, same situation as Miller with his contract. Will we decide to cash in before he can leave for free next season...

Hopefully we can get in Benalouane and Barazite, and i'll be delighted! :D

Then if we need to free up some of the wage bill, i wouldn't be too disappointed to see the back of Velicka and possibly Lafferty (although i've stood up for him) if we were offered good money.

An absolute bonus would be another CM or a quality DM for Europe, but then i'd be getting dreamy and spoilt. :lol:

Lafferty, Velicka and Webster out.

CB, LM in.

We need solid cover in at the back, and Webster is just too injury-prone with us. Though somehow he was fine at Dundee Hibernian <cr>

If he could get a string of games together, then it wouldn't be so bad.

If we're to offload Webster, swap for Conway.

Read somewhere that Durrant was over watching the St Etienne game last night.

Interesting if he was over there. I had a look, and Yohan Benalouane wasn't even on the bench last night, as St-Etienne drew 0-0 with Stade Rennes.

if we get 1 or 2 in i'd rather sell 1 or 2 aswell, think we need a defensive player and another option at lm. i quite like the idea of a smaller squad with the youths getting a chance sometime in the season. Fleck and Ness the obvious ones.

Did Barazite not get sent back down to London? That can only be good news.

He was still training with the club on Friday, so I'd imagine he's still at Auchenhowie.

Muff see how the guy from Caen were we not linked with him last january?

Not too sure, his name doesn't ring a bell - I don't think I've ever heard or seen him play tbh?

Why good news?

Why do you say that?

Might not have phrased that correctly. I mean to say that if he's still training with us, then there must be an interest in him coming in, I'd like to think. Which can only be good for Rangers because the addition of a player of his quality would only help us.

Might not have phrased that correctly. I mean to say that if he's still training with us, then there must be an interest in him coming in, I'd like to think. Which can only be good for Rangers because the addition of a player of his quality would only help us.

(tu)

I see.

Yeah, I hope he's still here too. Not so sure though, coz the training photos were from friday, and the report that he'd gone back down was from saturday.

Not too sure, his name doesn't ring a bell - I don't think I've ever heard or seen him play tbh?

Muff im sure i mind us being linked with an attacking midfielder from Caen. Was this at the game today you heard this? ill see if i can find the article anywhere on line