Man city fans on weiss.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse people for getting excited at the first direct winger we've had in years and i don't see what one of their players has to do with the topic.

Comparing the two is laughable as good a player as the tim may be.

We need another defender but it certainly won't cost us the league IMO anyway.

People are judging him on 30 mins of football and youtube videos. People are getting a bit carried away.

the guy that played for fulham and plays for man utd now? I don't see where yer coming from :craphead:

Your original question was what justifies the prices being said, to which I reminded you this was an EPL club we are talking about.

The fact you think we are overating him isn't really relevant tbh, EPL clubs pay over-the-top fees for youngsters, Chris Smalling and more recently this Bebe lad are prime examples. My point is, Weiss will go back down and he won't have a chance at Man City because they'd rather splash money on imports rather than bring up guys from the youth teams, but he'll end up being sold for about 7 million to another EPL club like fucking Stoke :rolleyes:

People are judging him on 30 mins of football and youtube videos. People are getting a bit carried away.

you have went from 25 mins to 30 mins. :lol:

i know what you mean,but people are getting excited because,whens the last time we had a player like this .????

and you can't just play like that for one game it's not like he wa lucky,the wee guy is a brilliant player. simple as that.

he's shite and he cost them £7m. he was playing non league football only 2 year ago.

anyone one could go for millions in england,,doesn't matter if there shite.

Clearly he isn't shite, otherwise a club like Man Utd wouldn't be forking out £7 million for him.

He's good enough for Man City to tie him up on a contract to 2012 and they are loaning him out for experience not in the hope of getting rid.

No signings in 2 years then we get a guy with his potential,i think it's allowed for folk to get a bit excited

you have went from 25 mins to 30 mins. :lol:

i know what you mean,but people are getting excited because,whens the last time we had a player like this .????

and you can't just play like that for one game it's not like he wa lucky,the wee guy is a brilliant player. simple as that.

Excuse me, do you have the exact time he was on the field for?

:D

I think he looks quality.

Im just saying they wont ask for 15million.

3-7million would be his price and he is on a contract to 2012 so after this loan he has 1 year left on his contract so the value will decrease aswell.

Your original question was what justifies the prices being said, to which I reminded you this was an EPL club we are talking about.

The fact you think we are overating him isn't really relevant tbh, EPL clubs pay over-the-top fees for youngsters, Chris Smalling and more recently this Bebe lad are prime examples. My point is, Weiss will go back down and he won't have a chance at Man City because they'd rather splash money on imports rather than bring up guys from the youth teams, but he'll end up being sold for about 7 million to another EPL club like fucking Stoke :rolleyes:

By the end of the season his price tag will be justified whether hes shit or amazing. These guys you're talking about have played less than 15 games, but I do agree wae ye mate.

I think he looks quality.

Im just saying they wont ask for 15million.

3-7million would be his price and he is on a contract to 2012 so after this loan he has 1 year left on his contract so the value will decrease aswell.

Just realized this as i was checking up on it,i just hope they keep signing big players and he becomes surplus to requirements,we may be looking at blowing our full budget on him right enough if it did come to that.

Just realized this as i was checking up on it,i just hope they keep signing big players and he becomes surplus to requirements,we may be looking at blowing our full budget on him right enough if it did come to that.

I think if he came out and said he wanted to stay with us we would probs get him because it isnt like Man City need him.

The only problem is that there is a new homegrown rule in the prem which could end up with him staying with Man City.

I think if he came out and said he wanted to stay with us we would probs get him because it isnt like Man City need him.

The only problem is that there is a new homegrown rule in the prem which could end up with him staying with Man City.

w ho the fuck was man city before sheik ma boaby took over they will be signing Torre Andree Flo for 40 mill shortly.

Sure you if you ask KPL he will say the same, all city fans have been hearing about Weiss since he signed at 16, the boy is going to be phenomenal. Most City fans I know even after we got the money know Rangers are an institution they still might love their club 100x more than here but know if he is any sort of boy that doesn't care about money may be worried in case he likes it here too much.

He did well when he came on and the Hibs defence wasn't ready for that pace, but let's see how he goes over a season before getting too carried away...I can certainly understand our supporters getting excited about him though because I think he will turn out a very good signing for us. (tu)

and they are worried that he might not want to go back to city. heres a quote from there forum.

"Trouble is Glasgow Rangers is the type of club that you don't want to come back off loan from , and it could be that Weiss will see it that way too ....... especially if he impresses.

Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't do a 'De Beasley' and opt to stay there ....... assuming they can afford any fee City ask , that is!

Funnily enough, I went on a few when I got in after the game and majority of fans were more concerned that he is playing in a "backwater league" and even if he does impress they won't be too fussed because he should be making an impact

I hate to say it lads but this boy is destined for bigger things than rangers, IMO the boy could fetch massive fees in his career, even to the point where he matches ronaldo. I think the best we can hope for is to re-loan the boy for next season. City will want him back, of that I have no doubt