unusual transport to games

big corky

There was a squad from Plymouth who hired a 'gin palace' to sail over to Guernsey for an Under 21 (or matbe U19) tournament a few years back.

Think they paid a couple of hundred quid each.

Bomber was the manager at the time and i've seen photos of him on the boat which was all decked out with Rangers flags in Guernsey marina.

Looked brilliant.

In Seville last year we were in a boozer in the City Centre and tried to get Taxis out to the Stadium, but there were none so we started walking.

Suddenly one of my mates is chatting to a guy running a horse and carriage for tourists.

Next thing 6 of us are on one heading for the game, giving it 'Hello, Hello....'

Our old RSC used to be mad, it was small but a good laugh and was always bouncing. Anyway, we played Ayr in the cup about 7 or 8 years ago and our mini-bus driver let us down. So about 10 of us went to Ayr in my old mans caravanette.

Still remains to this day as the best away trip in my lifetime.

We christened it the Scooby Doo Loyal. :lol:

Not unusual but I was 15 and finished playing football for my team, and went straight to the Old Firm game at Ibrox (4-0 to us... Albertz scored a header after about 5 minutes) but beacuse I had my Rangers top on and we came through the Govan side, I had to hide down in the boot with a blanket over me incase a T*rrier put the window in :lol:

years ago a large group of us went to a game in two works transit vans.one of the guys in van ahead of us decided to moon us at a set of traffic lights.when the lights changed the van shot forward and his bare arse knocked the glass out.he was well stuck for a few minutes.never laughed so much in my life