Smalling, all that's wrong with the EPL

mongolikecandy

Maybes I'm right maybes I'm wrong was not the most lauded united performance in Europe not at the stadio del alpi against Juve who had over 75 percent of the ball yet man u reached the final. United masters of Europe that night if I recall

There's no maybe about it, you're wrong.

I couldn't really give a shit what people like Chris Smalling have to say, they mean nothing!

We went to Old Trafford with a game plan, stuck by it, and took a point. Sir Alex Ferguson, his backroom staff and the Manchester United players couldn't out think us or break it down, even with players like Rooney, Valencia, Giggs, Fletcher, Park Ji-Sung, Hernandez...

End of the day, it's a point on the table, €400k in the bank, and a confidence booster for Rangers, and that's all that matters, not what some rookie or anyone else outwith Rangers, thinks or say's.

There's no maybe about it, you're wrong.

Of course he is wrong, last night's performance our's, was miles better, it is all the sweeter to hear englanders greetin aboot it, they love it up them, and we certainly put it right up 'em. :sherlock:

Here is a thought: Isn't Smalling's transfer cost just another example of how overpriced British players have become as compared to their continental counterparts? Ultimately that is why there has been such an influx of foreign players in the British leagues: they are (comparatively) cheaper and offer better value for money. This has become more and more of a problem as the high wages and heavy transfer costs of British players have restricted opportunities for them in the Premiership and even the SPL.

As for Smalling's quality, I have yet to see it, either earlier in his career at Fulham or at Manchester United. United have been very hit and miss with their signings in the past four years. For every success, there are at least four or five who have left at a loss within a few years of singing. Remember Manucho, Zoran Tosic, the supposed 'best young keeper in England' Ben Foster, Rodrigo Possebon, etc?