Statement released by former RST Secretary

boss

Just to be clear, I banned Christine Sommerville from here.

Why?

She'd been PM'ing influential members on this forum twisted information about Scott (McMillan). This was reported to me by one of the people who received a PM. Sorry, but if somebody is distributing distorted and potentially damaging information about the person who is organising our dinner (on our website), which in turn undermines our event, they are getting banned. I've no doubts at all the intent of this was malicious.

Just to be clear, Scott buys a lot of merchandise for charity events, one such purchase items may of been fake (still not proven either way). The wording of the PM was such that it suggested Scott was responsible for distributing fake merchandise, whilst technically that isn't a lie, it's a pretty big twist on things.

To clarify (to the best of my knowledge), he was responsible (as agreed and approved by the RST board of the time) to purchase memorabilia for RST events. One such purchase was later revealed to perhaps be fake, and if true (never been proven either way), it's fair to say he'd been conned.

I'm sure Scott or anyone else more up to speed will provide more details of exactly what happened. I've had one conversation (over a year ago) about this.

seems fair enough on the ban.

indeed it sounds very much like the storm in a tea cup that a few bounced cheques are. both are criminal offences but neither are a big deal.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could we not get sonOwillam on to referee this thread

IMO he is the only one who would not have argued with anyone on here :beer1:

:lol:

He has been retired

From this site as far as i know :P

Guest therabbitt

Also, for the millionth time, RangersMedia does not adopt a position on anything Rangers related unless we come out and clearly state it. Even at that, I can't think of much we have ever made a statement about or intimated a specific position on.

We're no one entity, we're a collection of people with a collection of views.

Different staff members and members in general have differing opinions and viewpoints on all things Rangers related. If I post that I think we should have brought on Vladimir Weiss at around 60 minutes tonight to stretch the game then that is not the view of RangersMedia just because a member of staff posted it. The exact same principle can (and should) be applied to any post made by a staff member.

The recriminations being aimed towards this site seem to be purely based on the notion that we don't censor anyone's views and allow discussion to flow as much as we can with no Rangers related topics taboo, but then that's just my personal view. For every person stating that they are against something, there is someone else stating that they are for it. That's balance. If there is more people either way, then it might appear that the opinion of the members of the site seems to be one way as opposed to the other.

See what I'm getting at...

Also, for the millionth time, RangersMedia does not adopt a position on anything Rangers related unless we come out and clearly state it. Even at that, I can't think of much we have ever made a statement about or intimated a specific position on.

We're no one entity, we're a collection of people with a collection of views.

Different staff members and members in general have differing opinions and viewpoints on all things Rangers related. If I post that I think we should have brought on Vladimir Weiss at around 60 minutes tonight to stretch the game then that is not the view of RangersMedia just because a member of staff posted it. The exact same principle can (and should) be applied to any post made by a staff member.

The recriminations being aimed towards this site seem to be purely based on the notion that we don't censor anyone's views and allow discussion to flow as much as we can with no Rangers related topics taboo, but then that's just my personal view. For every person stating that they are against something, there is someone else stating that they are for it. That's balance. If there is more people either way, then it might appear that the opinion of the members of the site seems to be one way as opposed to the other.

See what I'm getting at...

works both ways of course.

people on here take everything said on ff about the trust as some sort of official stadpoint.

someone even said yesterday deedle has released this statment and the proceded to quote a post from ff :)

Guest therabbitt

works both ways of course.

people on here take everything said on ff about the trust as some sort of official stadpoint.

someone even said yesterday deedle has released this statment and the proceded to quote a post from ff :)

That's up to them though, everything is open to personal interpretation. It's the crux of what keeps forums going.

I'd guess people interpreted a post from a high heeded one on FF as the view of the RST, maybe it isn't. I've no idea who deedle is.

His post was spot on.

You probably started this site with the best of intentions but it has become a vehicle of anti-Trust sentiments whether you like it or not.

Anti the current RST situation and board perhaps. But anti-Trust itself? I see a lot of anger regarding RST shenanigans, I see very little that is anti-trust.

My impression is of anger and frustration expressed because people had genuinely high hopes for what the RST could have been for The Rangers support. It seems clear this is because people genuinely care. Many, indeed, care enough to still want to try and find a way forward despite everything we have heard about recently.

I was a member and, despite all of what has happened, I'd be proud to rejoin if a way forward can be forged that helps our cause.

I don't know any of the people involved in these events, but surely all must accept that steps for reconciliation are more important now than heel-digging divisiveness.

A simple suggestion - The RST really must find away to be viewed (and trusted) as independent of major influence from competing websites. They should be above this and be there for all of us!

I hope for the very best for all of us who's passion is to seek what is right for our greatest of clubs.

The recriminations being aimed towards this site seem to be purely based on the notion that we don't censor anyone's views and allow discussion to flow as much as we can with no Rangers related topics taboo,

Here's hoping those recriminations are ignored. The freedom to express (and enjoy) the differing views is precisely why I like RM so much.

Aye, cause its you.

I didn't know i had a cause?

Right enough i have a cause for Ulster and a fight against Republicans but i have no cause for sonOwilliam :P

Is it not because? :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has been already said (don't have time to read the whole thread) but surely it's in everyones best interests if the RST was to disassociate itself from any one forum in particular.

As it stands just now, you have Dingwall (censoring threads/deleting posts by all accounts), Christine and Co currently on FF whilst also simultaneously involved in the trust.

It's time to remove the conflict of interest and then see where it goes from there.

As for the people behind VB being anti-RST, absolute nonsense. Various admin and members were behind the concept of the RST in the first place. They most likely still are, just not with the current board in place.

could we not get sonOwillam on to referee this thread

IMO he is the only one who would not have argued with anyone on here :beer1:

You mean your other username on here. Funny how the two of you always show up at the same time on here with the same posting style.

I wonder if any of these RST members and their cronies will be at the game tonight?

The way they are behaving on here, and on other similar threads, it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't give 2 fucks about the Rangers.

And I'd also still like one of them to answer the question I've now asked about 3 or 4 times.....................................

What were the views of the Credit Card Machine Company when they were advised that their machine had been used by a 3rd party?

Is this question so difficult, or is just the fact it's a genuine question which may not have a satisfactory answer, being asked by someone who knows nobody in the trust and has no truck with any individual in this whole sorry debacle?

Jeezo :D

Did your mother run off with a fucking credit card machine between her legs or something?

Exactly what is your fixation with this trivial pish?

Jeezo :D

Did your mother run off with a fucking credit card machine between her legs or something?

The problem regarding the credit card machine is hardly trivial. You are not allowed to swap them between businesses (as my bird found out) due to money laundering regulations. In doing so you find yourself in breach of god knows how many rules/terms of contracts etc etc.

So, even if it's all above board (which I have my doubts), it's still fucking dodgy.

You mean your other username on here. Funny how the two of you always show up at the same time on here with the same posting style.

I can confirm BB and SoW are two different people. Not bothered at all if you accept it or not, so no point posting a reply.

The problem regarding the credit card machine is hardly trivial. You are not allowed to swap them between businesses (as my bird found out) due to money laundering regulations. In doing so you find yourself in breach of god knows how many rules/terms of contracts etc etc.

So, even if it's all above board (which I have my doubts), it's still fucking dodgy.

OMG that sounds all so terrible. And serious. And dodgy. And probably/possibly not above board.

I just don't get the forensic examination by Rangers fans of this lending of a cc machine, by a Rangers supporters group, to a charity.

Who amongst the Rangers support actually gives a shit? How much more trivial is it possible to get?

OMG that sounds all so terrible. And serious. And dodgy. And probably/possibly not above board.

I just don't get the forensic examination by Rangers fans of this lending of a cc machine, by a Rangers supporters group, to a charity.

Who amongst the Rangers support actually gives a shit? How much more trivial is it possible to get?

This is a point that everyone that is engaged in all of this needs to take note of.

The real audience knows absolutely nothing and cares not much more.

Both sides are fighting the wrong battle.

Jeezo biggrin.gif

Statements like this just prove how little knowledge some people have of the Law.

I sincerely hope you're not on the RST Board when you think the mis-use of a Credit Card machine is trivial.

It's not a fixation - it's a genuine question which nobody seems willing to answer.

Maybe you know the answer?