Hooper sings from that usual 'tic hymn sheet

J_RFC87

Gary Hooper says Celtic have the best team in the Scottish Premier League as they prepare to host holders and leaders Rangers on Sunday.

The striker scored twice as Celtic beat Dundee United 2-1 thanks to his late winner at Tannadice.

"I haven't seen all the teams yet, but we are the best in the league in my opinion," said Hooper.

"We have a good team, all different nationalities bonding together, and it showed at Tannadice."

Neil Lennon has led his Celtic side to 16 straight league wins since taking over at the end of last season.

But they remain behind Rangers in the table, courtesy of Walter Smith's team having scored one more goal.

Hooper thought they passed up an opportunity to inflict a heavier defeat on United, who finished third last season, and was confident ahead of Sunday's first Old Firm derby of the season.

"We must have made about 50 chances and we only took two of them but the main thing is we got three points," said the striker signed from Scunthorpe in the summer.

"I am looking forward to next week. If the whole team plays like that, we will have a good chance of making it nine unbeaten."

Hooper has set his sights on catching Rangers striker Kenny Miller in the SPL scoring charts despite being eight behind his rival.

"The target for me is to beat him," said the striker, whose double took his own tally to five for the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9102594.stm

Hooper has now been fully infected by the Celtc disease with no known antidote.

Suddenly the wee boy from Scunny thinks he’s got Scottish fitbae sorted.

Bring on the weekend and we’ll show him right :crabflute:

Love it when every old firm comes around and they start shouting the odds about them being the better club bla bla bla, we just go about our business quietly and wait for the game while they do walter's team talk for him then bang we beat them, find this cycle repeating nearly every old firm and yet they still haven't clicked on it doesn't work to well for them !

Love it when every old firm comes around and they start shouting the odds about them being the better club bla bla bla, we just go about our business quietly and wait for the game while they do walter's team talk for him then bang we beat them, find this cycle repeating nearly every old firm and yet they still haven't clicked on it doesn't work to well for them !

Exactly what i was gonna say. It’s madness, and lets hope the refs remember Cunt Faces’ pre season rant at refs giving Rangers everything in OF games.