Beware hacked mw2 (ps3)

klbs-RFC

Found this on Infinity Ward forum and seems there is loads of people encountering these lobbies.

Alright, hacked lobbies have now been officially confirmed for the ps3. There are numerous vids on youtube showing you this as there are MANY topics on people getting hacked. If you need an example, Madfish has sent vids onto youtube and posted a topic on here showing this. So no arguing that these things don't exist.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED OR GOTTEN INTO A HACKED LOBBY AND GOT KICKED OUT, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO, YOUR STATS WILL NEVER BE BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE. This is an unfortunate penalty we honest players have to pay, and nothing will be done about it either (that we know of).

Now, if you've been thrown into a lobby there is a way to save your stats. IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET INTO A MODDED LOBBY AND SOME SERIOUS SH*T IS GOING ON, TURN OFF YOUR PS3 IMMEDIATELY! You're stats will be saved. Once again, if you see some weird stuff going on and you fear for your stats turn your ps3 off immediately and if you want to be extra careful unplug the cat-5/whatever cable to the back of your ps3 for a minute. This isn't necessary but if it makes you feel better go ahead.

Hopefully this will help all who are having trouble or worried about their game stats!

UPDATE*** I have finally encountered my first hacked lobby tonight. I immediately noticed the WAITING FOR VERIFICATION text along with the messed up colors. All I did to avoid stat and reward loss was PS QUIT right away. After doing this I went back into multiplayer and all my stats and rewards will still there. So you do not have to do the following steps (outlined above) but you can if you want for extra safety.

Infinity ward hacked lobbies topic

A wee heads up so all your hard work doesn't get messed up :angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZxd1z7wDE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCAE49qIGQ0

Reading that forum scares the shit out of you.

I haven't encountered a hacked lobby yet. I know my boy has joined a couple but that was on purpose & he unlocked every emblem, banner, acheivement, etc.

Haven't actually played for a couple of weeks so might jump on tinght & see whats happening.

I was in an infection lobby around 3 weeks ago. Had a red username, all my weapon sights turned into a perfect cross for perfect accuracy and I could see all opposition players red names constantly anywhere on the map. Was so good while it lasted lol. Went back to normal after trning ps3 off

My dad joined one by accident today, really don't see the point in these challenge lobbies if I'm honest. Surely the point of the game is to go on and unlock everything as you go, giving yourself challenges to unlock that emblem or that camouflage. To have everything done for you in the space of ten minutes or whatever defeats the purpose of the game to me. I'd be bored stiff within about a week.

My dad joined one by accident today, really don't see the point in these challenge lobbies if I'm honest. Surely the point of the game is to go on and unlock everything as you go, giving yourself challenges to unlock that emblem or that camouflage. To have everything done for you in the space of ten minutes or whatever defeats the purpose of the game to me. I'd be bored stiff within about a week.

I'm the exact same, when I got to 10th prestige on cod 4 I got so bored but then just decided whenever I play it I'll just try and get gold guns which I'm still nowhere near doing and i've been 10th for about 2 year on that game ! only got a golden shotty

I haven't played MW2 for ages, but that's like me on that. I never reached 10th prestige, but I would always try and unlock Fall camo for every gun I was using. Only got it twice though.

But then you have the boosting little shits who go on and get it within a few games.