Madjid Bougherra

trueblue68

Algeria international and Glasgow Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra was named Arab footballer of the year 2010, following an online poll organized by the Saudi TV station MBC.

The 28-year-old centre back cleared over 45 per cent of the votes cast in which more than 75,000 Internet users participated.

Bougherra beat Oman international and Wigan goalkeeper Ali Al Habssi who scored 16.6% to second position. Another Algerian, VfL Wolfsburg midfielder Karim Ziani came third with 12.37%.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2886/africa/2010/10/22/2178831/rangers-algeria-defender-madjid-bougherra-named-arab-player

Well Done Big Man :clap::clap:

And still some of our alleged "fans" would sell him for £5m! hahahahahahaha

The big man is a class act, a class above everyone else in this backwater country and worth alot more than even the real fans think! How many centre halfs can dribble, pass, attack and play on the wing like him? I would have to say NONE. I honestly think hes one of the best centre halfs in the world, as a football player.

Lucio, Vidic, Terry?, Puyol, Pique........................Theres not that many world class centre halfs, and none of those i named there can contribute to the team like Bougherra, the first 3 have been liabilities on occassion for their respective clubs, S Ramos is the closest in terms of all round play and he plays at right back!

Well done Bougherra, no sing of a new deal yet?

Great player and well deserved.

And still some of our alleged "fans" would sell him for £5m! hahahahahahaha

The big man is a class act, a class above everyone else in this backwater country and worth alot more than even the real fans think! How many centre halfs can dribble, pass, attack and play on the wing like him? I would have to say NONE. I honestly think hes one of the best centre halfs in the world, as a football player.

Lucio, Vidic, Terry?, Puyol, Pique........................Theres not that many world class centre halfs, and none of those i named there can contribute to the team like Bougherra, the first 3 have been liabilities on occassion for their respective clubs, S Ramos is the closest in terms of all round play and he plays at right back!

Well done Bougherra, no sing of a new deal yet?

doh