***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

I just made Celtic go into administration using FMRTE. Fuck them :craphead:

haha! personally, i'd rather do it through my own domination! :uk:

Btw, excessive use of FMRTE fucks up your save and can cause crash dumps, be careful with it (tu)

haha! personally, i'd rather do it through my own domination! :uk:

Btw, excessive use of FMRTE fucks up your save and can cause crash dumps, be careful with it (tu)

I always save before it. I have a seperate save called 'before fmrte' :lol: just incase it does happen. it has happened to me before although I usually have a 3 rolling save anyway.

I'm currently in year 2036 hoping to lead my Dortmund team to 4 straight Champions League wins :craphead:

I always save before it. I have a seperate save called 'before fmrte' :lol: just incase it does happen. it has happened to me before although I usually have a 3 rolling save anyway.

I'm currently in year 2036 hoping to lead my Dortmund team to 4 straight Champions League wins :craphead:

Awww i see :lol:

can you do us a favour? see if Rangers have built a new stadium :D ?

Awww i see :lol:

can you do us a favour? see if Rangers have built a new stadium :D ?

They have :lol: it's called 'Rangers Stadium' how original :lol:

Built in 2028 it's an 85000 all seater. They are currently 2nd in the league 4 points behind ...... Elgin <cr>:lol:

They have :lol: it's called 'Rangers Stadium' how original :lol:

Built in 2028 it's an 85000 all seater. They are currently 2nd in the league 4 points behind ...... Elgin <cr>:lol:

jesus :anguish: looks like i'll be at Rangers for a lonngggggg time :lol: cheers man! (tu)

What year are you in?

Just finished the 2014 season :D 3 down.. 14 to go :(, i've already won 3 in a row, 2 trebles in a row, done well in europe and dominated the Old F*rm rivalry. I would have pushed the boat out in Europe but if i did well so quickly it would ruin my interest in the save (td)

Just finished the 2014 season :D 3 down.. 14 to go :(, i've already won 3 in a row, 2 trebles in a row, done well in europe and dominated the Old F*rm rivalry. I would have pushed the boat out in Europe but if i did well so quickly it would ruin my interest in the save (td)

Ah I see. Good luck bro (tu)

My goal at the moment with my Dortmund team is to have a full team of players who have came through the youth and win the league and CL. I've not signed anyone for two seasons so I'm gradually bringing through my best youth into my first team. I've got so much transfer money to spend :craphead: but I'm trying something new. Never done this before (tu)

Ah I see. Good luck bro (tu)

My goal at the moment with my Dortmund team is to have a full team of players who have came through the youth and win the league and CL. I've not signed anyone for two seasons so I'm gradually bringing through my best youth into my first team. I've got so much transfer money to spend :craphead: but I'm trying something new. Never done this before (tu)

Ahhh, interesting challenge, would love to see how you got on! especially in 2036 or whatever you said you were in :P Good luck mate!

I posted this on an FM forum:

Rangers FC

Current Achievements:

Scottish Premier League x3

C.I.S. Cup x 2

Scottish Cup x 2

Short Term Targets:

Continue the success of Murray Park and bring through our own youngsters, develop them and turn them into top players. (Currently 3)

Dominate Scottish Football.

10+ League titles in a row.

Long Term Targets:

Spend 20 years at the club.

Become a club legend.

Win at least 1 Europa League

Win at least 1 Champions League

Win Club World Championship.

Long Shots:

New stadium named after me.

thats my targets for the 20 year career :P

Ahhh, interesting challenge, would love to see how you got on! especially in 2036 or whatever you said you were in :P Good luck mate!

I posted this on an FM forum:

Rangers FC

Current Achievements:

Scottish Premier League x3

C.I.S. Cup x 2

Scottish Cup x 2

Short Term Targets:

Continue the success of Murray Park and bring through our own youngsters, develop them and turn them into top players. (Currently 3)

Dominate Scottish Football.

10+ League titles in a row.

Long Term Targets:

Spend 20 years at the club.

Become a club legend.

Win at least 1 Europa League

Win at least 1 Champions League

Win Club World Championship.

Long Shots:

New stadium named after me.

thats my targets for the 20 year career :P

Nice one (tu)

The worst thing ever would be for you to have been at the club for say 20 years and they decide to build a stadium only to rename it after some shitty player or call it 'Rangers Stadium/Arena' :lol:

Has happened to me before. Absolutely gutted :anguish:

Sounds good mate (tu) Definately bring through as many as your best youth as possible then go for the same challenge I am. Would be incredible to do it :crabflute:

Nice one (tu)

The worst thing ever would be for you to have been at the club for say 20 years and they decide to build a stadium only to rename it after some shitty player or call it 'Rangers Stadium/Arena' :lol:

Has happened to me before. Absolutely gutted :anguish:

Sounds good mate (tu) Definately bring through as many as your best youth as possible then go for the same challenge I am. Would be incredible to do it :crabflute:

Aye a know! :lol::anguish: :anguish: I'd just blame Murray and Bain, even though they are nowhere near the club now as Sir Johno Greig runs the show now! :praise:

Aye, i've got a young Scottish striker coming through, just turned 17. Scored a hat-trick from the bench in his first appearence, in front of 60,000 at Ibrox as well :praise: Scored another 3 or 4 goals that season from the bench! and a few Czech starlets i bought for around 200k, along with a few lesser scots :D I'll maybe wait until 10 in a row is done before i attempt your challenge :lol::P

Aye a know! :lol::anguish: :anguish: I'd just blame Murray and Bain, even though they are nowhere near the club now as Sir Johno Greig runs the show now! :praise:

Aye, i've got a young Scottish striker coming through, just turned 17. Scored a hat-trick from the bench in his first appearence, in front of 60,000 at Ibrox as well :praise: Scored another 3 or 4 goals that season from the bench! and a few Czech starlets i bought for around 200k, along with a few lesser scots :D I'll maybe wait until 10 in a row is done before i attempt your challenge :lol::P

:lol: sounds like a keeper !! Send him out on loan somewhere where he will get a game every week or keep playing him yourself (tu)

Yeah it will be hard to do I think. Only 3 of my 1st team have came through my youth at the moment. It just depends what positions they can play etc.

:lol: sounds like a keeper !! Send him out on loan somewhere where he will get a game every week or keep playing him yourself (tu)

Yeah it will be hard to do I think. Only 3 of my 1st team have came through my youth at the moment. It just depends what positions they can play etc.

he is man! so hard to stave off interest :lol: had to pay one of the Czechs £20,000 a week at 17 year old just to stop him from joining spurs for the same amount i paidhim for :anguish:

he is man! so hard to stave off interest :lol: had to pay one of the Czechs £20,000 a week at 17 year old just to stop him from joining spurs for the same amount i paidhim for :anguish:

The amounts you have to pay some of the youth players in the game is just crazy though !! Something they really need to sort out.

Set his asking price to something like £40million and people will stop trying to buy him/enquire about him etc. :craphead:

The amounts you have to pay some of the youth players in the game is just crazy though !! Something they really need to sort out.

Set his asking price to something like £40million and people will stop trying to buy him/enquire about him etc. :craphead:

Aye a know! the wages they ask for are simply ridiculous :anguish: he only wanted a squad status of rotation as well :lol: if he didn't have such a bright future i wouldn't have paid for him, although playing beside Gattuso can surely benefit his career in the long run :P

I'll need to set prices when they return from holiday! no doubt man city will offer it though :lol: :lol: doh

Aye a know! the wages they ask for are simply ridiculous :anguish: he only wanted a squad status of rotation as well :lol: if he didn't have such a bright future i wouldn't have paid for him, although playing beside Gattuso can surely benefit his career in the long run :P

I'll need to set prices when they return from holiday! no doubt man city will offer it though :lol: :lol: doh

What age is Gattuso in your game 37 or something? He still good?

:lol: if they do bite their bloody hand off

Although the AI teams never bid over the odds on any of my players. Man City were interested in one of my 1st team centre mids worth £6mil and he was only 24 so they enquired about it. I said £12.5million and they rejected. Then he got unhappy, wanted to be put on the transfer list. Then offered him to Man City for £9million. They came back and offered me £7million and I took it :anguish:

What age is Gattuso in your game 37 or something? He still good?

:lol: if they do bite their bloody hand off

Although the AI teams never bid over the odds on any of my players. Man City were interested in one of my 1st team centre mids worth £6mil and he was only 24 so they enquired about it. I said £12.5million and they rejected. Then he got unhappy, wanted to be put on the transfer list. Then offered him to Man City for £9million. They came back and offered me £7million and I took it :anguish:

Gattuso - 35 years old - not as technically gifted but his mental stats are unreal! was the captain in the latest treble winning season and took part in the played 5 won 5 run against celtic this season :drool:

Aye a know (td) thats the thing about the AI, they never negotiate to what you want, but then with certain players they expect you to pay the silly amounts they demand! Although they do allow negotiation if you try lowering the offered price :D

You should have asked for £9m up front and £3m through add-ons! :BELM:

Gattuso - 35 years old - not as technically gifted but his mental stats are unreal! was the captain in the latest treble winning season and took part in the played 5 won 5 run against celtic this season :drool:

Aye a know (td) thats the thing about the AI, they never negotiate to what you want, but then with certain players they expect you to pay the silly amounts they demand! Although they do allow negotiation if you try lowering the offered price :D

You should have asked for £9m up front and £3m through add-ons! :BELM:

Didn't even think of that :BELM: never really use addons. Occasionally us the percentage of next sale if it's a youngster I'm selling.

He sounds still good anyways (tu) How much are you paying him a week?

Didn't even think of that :BELM: never really use addons. Occasionally us the percentage of next sale if it's a youngster I'm selling.

Add-ons can be good in certain circumstances, in the SPL its a bad idea sometimes because of the lack of income.. if your buying that is :lol: ehhh, not sure i'll check after this game. In his contract, i put down an automatic 1 year extension if he reached * amount of games, he surpassed that total pretty easily tbh :lol: :lol:

Gennaro Gattuso - 36 years old - £425,000 - £9,500 a week :craphead:

I've just signed Kerkar on a one-year deal.

I brought him in for a trial and he scored in a two-nil win against Partick. In the same game, I had a Spanish centre-half on trial from Arsenal and was looking at brining him in on loan for a season or two, just to see how he gets on, but I can't even afford an initial fee of £35K for the loan.

Against Partick, I gave players like Little, Shinnie, Wylde, Hutton and Perry a run-out, leaving big Bougherra, Davie Weir, Miller (Who's rejected a contract from me) and Davis out of the squad.

Next, I've got a three game tour of Germany.

EDIT St. Mirren have brought in a guy from Mali, Motherwell have signed a Senegalese player and St. Johnstone have signed a guy from DR Congo.

It's like African Cup of fucking Nations is being held in the SPL, I think this happens on every game I start with the Rangers. :lol:

EDIT #2 Riordan's just rejected a new deal at Easter Road. :craphead:

After that Partick game, we went on a tour of Germany, then lost to Millwall and Arsenal down there before leathering Newcastle at Ibrox.

We're joint top of the league with the Tims, Hearts and Motherwell after two games, the four of us winning our first two fixtures. We skelped Kilmarnock three-nil at Ibrox, then hung-on two-one at Easter Road against Hibs. So far, Miller's got three.

I've managed to get Kyle Hutton, Jamie Ness, Dylan McGeouch and Darren Cole tied down on long term deals, but Miller, Neil Alexander and Gregg Wylde have rejected my offers and don't want to continue discussions.

Andrew Shinnie's been sent to Dundee for six months, Hartlepool have Ross Perry until Christmas and I've made Rory Loy available for loan, as well.

I'm away to Hampden in a bit, then the missus is coming down and she'll be here until Wednesday, so you'll probably not get the pleasure of my updates for a few days, guys. :craphead: