***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Spurs have a very good team in the game, but it's a fantastic achievement to win the CL in your first season (tu)

Yeh, I felt like I only had to make a few signings in my first season, 2 of them being depth signings.

Another thing was that my team played well against teams with a higher reputation, which was vital in winning the CL. In the league I won at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, the Emirates and Anfield.

Van der Vaart was outstanding in centre mid, forced me to play Modric out wide.

Conflict of interests mate. If I was ever in that position I'd let my assistant take the game.

It's a tricky situation, I thought the exact same. :P

I was really hoping to get celtic, but Rangers will probably beat us either way, I just don't want humiliated. :lol:

It's a tricky situation, I thought the exact same. :P

I was really hoping to get celtic, but Rangers will probably beat us either way, I just don't want humiliated. :lol:

Even though it's only a game, I'd never want to beat Rangers.

Even though it's only a game, I'd never want to beat Rangers.

Thought the same myself, I'll control the game but there's no way that I'll be able to beat Rangers, unless they have Ross Tokley in the team, yes, Rangers bought Tokley. :anguish:

I'm beginning to stamp my style on my Ajax squad after i left Benfica as i got some money to spend in the Summer.

afcajaxtransfershistory.th.png

Picked up Fleck on a free after he scored 23goal in 34 for Gers. Eduardo was a great one too, i could offer him a contract when he was at Rubin and it would've cost me £21million in compensation.

So i'm lining up:

Steklenberg
Rogerio Alderweireld Vertonghen Makonda
Bender Kranjcar
Eduardo Jadson Fleck
Milevskyi

In my first competitive game for the new season i beat Luzern 6-0 away in the UEFA Cup. Jadson scored 2 free-kicks from about 30yards out :drool:

The game against Rangers came, I had 3 of my best players out, two of which were defenders with no adequate cover!

Annan (team I'm managing) scored in the first half, Rangers couldn't score it, so we are progressing into the semi-final of the Scottish cup.

Expected to get absolutely humped as well.

Strangely, Annan dominated the possession with 52% yet had one shot on target.

Didn't really want to/or expect to beat Rangers albeit it's a game...

Admittedly, Rangers did have about 3 or 4 youths in the team, the Rangers team that has been assembled on the game is :drool:

Decided to whip out FM10 with that years January update which i didn't get round to downloading. Starting a new game with Rangers, found it harder with the update. Lost the league by 2 points to the Tims, i finished on 92 points aswell :(. Bought Tobias Linderoth (free), Robert Lewandowski (£4 million) and Lee Wallace (£3.5 million), sold a bunch of others to raise much needed funds. Won League Cup on pens against the scum, got put out in the 3rd round of Scottish Cup though :anguish: Pulled Man Utd, Real Madrid & Maccabi Haifi in the Champions League which was tough, came 3rd and then got put out on away goals by Lazio in the Europa League. Made alot of strong transfers in my 2nd season signing Goodwillie (£5 million), Begovic (£6 million), Jorgenson (£2 million), Hutton (£3.8 million), Ben Haim (£2.5 million) and Riquelme on a free :drool:

To add to all my SPl, Scottish Cup and League cup wins I have in Scotland and then my Champions League and World Club Championships all with Rangers.

I have just won the Under 20's world cup with England :crabflute:

Need some help here...

Next season, assuming all goes well, I will have Annan Athletic in the SPL, my team is particularly strong in the following areas; goalkeeper, midfield and upfront...

My defence needs strengthened a bit for the SPL even although it has kept out several SPL sides and is, on the most part, extremely reliable.

Does anyone know of any good but cheap defenders? I'm looking at RB,CB,LB, as I really want to take off in the SPL.

I'm in 2012 just now, soon to be 2013 though.

Depending on development, check out Darren Cole. He was my third choice Right Back in my third season (although he did have Whittaker and Kyle Naughton in front of him).

I bought him for 22k when I was in the third division and I sold him at the start of this season (1st division) for 40k to Cardiff, he's not really that bad, just I have a habit of taking on loads of players, especially if they are free. :lol:

Forgot to say, that due to taking on loads of players I had to get rid of some. :P

Decided to jump back into my Millwall game I hadn't touched since Feb.

Quick run down.

Started as England Manager..Failed to qualify so left to Manage Leicester, The New York Red Bulls job came up and took the to the MLS Eastern Conference Final before losing :anguish:.

Took over Millwall..

Transfers

2vce0qg.png

Results So Far..

29omy5z.png

Started a new chelsea game, sold a few players and brought in Toloi, Kadlec, Babacar and Lukaku. With only 16 million left to spend I need quite a few cheap youngsters in most positions to pad the team out a bit.. and a decent backup keeper.