***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Going well in the Championship with West Ham, second to Burnley by a point, who are destroying anyone they play. On a fantastic run at the minute, with just one defeat all season, and have won 9 of my last 11 in the league.

2u4nhat.png

Just got put out the League Cup by Chelsea though. Was leading for a good 70 minutes or so, before Drogba got a goal with the last kick of the game. Apparently that isn't good enough though, and my fans are devastated at losing a game we "should have won." Had a pop at the referees again, trying to shift any blame away from my team. What bugs me in this game is how players perform against better opposition. Scott Parker for example has been attracting interest from Man City, and has eased through the season. Comes up against Chelsea though and suddenly can't find a single West Ham player with his passes. Frustrating.

What team would you guys recommend as a decent challenge? Whether to keep them up/fight for promotion/title after a few years, etc...

Valencias quite a good game for long term. You get jack all money at the start with 5% of any transfer made going towards you're funds :lol:

But you'll eventually get takenover and the money should roll in, that's how i've got a front 3 of Neymar, Aguero and Muniain with them :sherlock:

Started as Rangers with the new update, things are going not bad so far (February)...

Got pumped out the CL play-off after Lyon beat me 1-0 home and away but went on to win all my Europa League games in a group that included Standard Liege, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Strum Gratz. League has been mad so far, was 10 points clear of celtic then somehow ended up 9 behind, now back on top on goal difference. Been firing in the goals too with 102 in 40 games so far this season (70 in the league) lost the two old firm games so far though but in the final of the league cup.

If anyones looking for a goal machine look no further than Macheda from Man Utd, got him on loan and he's got 26 goals in 26 starts so far. Signed Juhasz, Hargreaves, a winger from BATE called Niakhaichyk who's been amazing and brought in quality youngsters who look class too, Danny da Costa, Philipp Clement, Conor Ramsay, Marco van Ginkel and Nicolai Boilesen. Got Toivonen on loan from PSV aswell with a £1.5m agreed price which is not a bad bit of business :sherlock: Wylde, Davis & Niakhaichyk have been my best players so far with Lafferty and Naismith contributing aswell. Jelavic on the other hand has been shocking yet has somehow managed 13 goals. Defo gonna sell him in the summer and bring in Toivonen who's looking amazing with Macheda. :drool:

I'm in October and we're sitting third, having won three and drawn four in the SPL.

In the Champions League, we've been fucking causing it. Three games, three wins. We won two-one at Stamford Bridge, won one-nil late on at Ibrox against Javor before leathering Twente six-one at home, as well.

We were lucky in the League Cup, but. I sent a young side up to Elgin and they scrapped through, two-one in extra time.

It's mid-November now, second season.

We're second, five behind Hearts with a game in hand. Elliot, Kyle and Robinson are scoring for fun for them, but we'll catch them. We drew four-each at Tynecastle with them scoring in added time, but we should probably have lost. The Tims are two behind us.

After winning away to Chelsea, beating Javor at Ibrox and leathering Twente, we lost two-one in Holland as Cabaye, on loan from Man City, ran the show. He scored their winning really late on, so I was gutted. Now, Chelsea and Twente are two behind us with two games to go. We've got Chelsea at Ibrox, then we're away to Javor who I don't think have scored yet.

Our luck ran out in the League Cup, as well. I sent out a reserve team at Falkirk and we went one-nil down, so I went almost gung-ho before they scored another. To be honest, but, its a fucking diddy cup.

Naismith has been fantastic. He's got eight in the last five from right midfield while, from the other flank, Fleck is chipping in, as well. Goodwillie's fell out of the team and Jelavic has scored twice in ten league games. So, we're relying on the wide players and Bocanegra at coners. That cunt has been scoring for fun at set pieces, but he's about to cost me £400K because I told St. Etienne I'd give them that if he scored ten. Fucking hell.

I've got a sixteen year-old winger in my under-19s and he's unreal. He's one of those regens, so I've gave him a real face, and he's probably the best regen I've ever had. He played in the two League Cup games and, in the under-19s league, he's top goalscorer and average rating. He got called-up to the England (He was born in Ipswich, but has a Scottish nationality) under-19s squad, scored and was man of the match. I've tied him down to a contract that ends in 2016. He's something special.

It's mid-November now, second season.

We're second, five behind Hearts with a game in hand. Elliot, Kyle and Robinson are scoring for fun for them, but we'll catch them. We drew four-each at Tynecastle with them scoring in added time, but we should probably have lost. The Tims are two behind us.

After winning away to Chelsea, beating Javor at Ibrox and leathering Twente, we lost two-one in Holland as Cabaye, on loan from Man City, ran the show. He scored their winning really late on, so I was gutted. Now, Chelsea and Twente are two behind us with two games to go. We've got Chelsea at Ibrox, then we're away to Javor who I don't think have scored yet.

Our luck ran out in the League Cup, as well. I sent out a reserve team at Falkirk and we went one-nil down, so I went almost gung-ho before they scored another. To be honest, but, its a fucking diddy cup.

Naismith has been fantastic. He's got eight in the last five from right midfield while, from the other flank, Fleck is chipping in, as well. Goodwillie's fell out of the team and Jelavic has scored twice in ten league games. So, we're relying on the wide players and Bocanegra at coners. That cunt has been scoring for fun at set pieces, but he's about to cost me £400K because I told St. Etienne I'd give them that if he scored ten. Fucking hell.

I've got a sixteen year-old winger in my under-19s and he's unreal. He's one of those regens, so I've gave him a real face, and he's probably the best regen I've ever had. He played in the two League Cup games and, in the under-19s league, he's top goalscorer and average rating. He got called-up to the England (He was born in Ipswich, but has a Scottish nationality) under-19s squad, scored and was man of the match. I've tied him down to a contract that ends in 2016. He's something special.

:lol:

Love your summaries.

Also, what do you mean you gave him a real face?

Playing with Rangers

2010/2011

-summer

Sold Papa Sasac - 2M, Kane Hemmings - 40K and Ross Perry - 40K straight off

Finished 2nd in CL beating Shakhtar who finished quite poorly at 4th and CFR Cluj at 3rd

-winter

Sold Madjid - 6.25M

Bought Ricardo Lima(newgen - starter CB at Sporting) - 2.5M

Bought Erick Torres(ST) - 120K

Loaned Greg Cunningham(LB) for 2 years 575K

Knocked out the first leg by Chelsea unsuprisingly

knocked out the Scottish Cup and League Cup by Hearts and Aberdeen :disappointment:

Won the league by 12 points

2011/2012

-summer

Sold Kyle Lafferty - $6.25M

Sold James Beattie - $250K

Sold Maurice Edu - $4.3M

Sold Neil Alexander - $1M

Sold Kirk Broadfoot - $2M

Let Weir and Healy go

Bought Pedro(CM) - $2.1M

Bought Federico Fazio(CB) - $1M

Bought Adam Hlousek(LM) - $1M

Loaned Vladimir Weiss(RM) - $475K

Bought Alfred N'Diaye(CB) - $700K

Loaned Milivoje Novakovic(ST) - $170K

Loaned Jack Butland(GK) - $150K

Finished 3rd in CL group stage with Porto(1st) and Bayern Munich(2nd)

-winter

Bought Argentine wonderkid Luciano Blanco(LB) - $5M

Sold Steven Whittaker on last year of contract - $4.5M

Loaned Stefan de Vrij(RB) - $725K

Currently 1st by 9 points :cool:

:lol:

Love your summaries.

Also, what do you mean you gave him a real face?

I refuse to buy or play anyone who doesn't have a real face. Each year, I download the mega facepack where they've got real cut-out faces (Like the SPL starts with in the game) for everyone from Wayne Rooney to some twenty-one year-old part-time striker from a French colony.

I downloaded a facepack from that sortitoitsi website and it's full of cut-out faces from American college football or something. When I get a regen that I might play, I take one of those faces and use it as his.

I refuse to buy or play anyone who doesn't have a real face. Each year, I download the mega facepack where they've got real cut-out faces (Like the SPL starts with in the game) for everyone from Wayne Rooney to some twenty-one year-old part-time striker from a French colony.

I downloaded a facepack from that sortitoitsi website and it's full of cut-out faces from American college football or something. When I get a regen that I might play, I take one of those faces and use it as his.

Yeah I'm like that. Downloaded one that took half the day, but has most players from a decent amount of leagues. For some reason, Ligue 1 and below in France hardly have any faces. Might look for a specific one actually.

I also refuse to sign ugly bastards.

Yeah I'm like that. Downloaded one that took half the day, but has most players from a decent amount of leagues. For some reason, Ligue 1 and below in France hardly have any faces. Might look for a specific one actually.

I also refuse to sign ugly bastards.

Aye, I've got the same problem with the French leagues. And the ugly bastards. :lol:

Started a new Arsenal game. Made only 1 signing, Arturo Vidal for an initial £10 million plus another £10 million over 2 years. Had a great pre-season and then after the 1st set of internationals I lost Nasri, Clichy and Rosicky to injury :anguish:

1st game of the season was away to City, won 1-0 thanks to an Arshavin free-kick and then won my second game at home to Blackpool 2-0, both goals coming in the last 10 minutes.

Started a new Arsenal game. Made only 1 signing, Arturo Vidal for an initial £10 million plus another £10 million over 2 years. Had a great pre-season and then after the 1st set of internationals I lost Nasri, Clichy and Rosicky to injury :anguish:

1st game of the season was away to City, won 1-0 thanks to an Arshavin free-kick and then won my second game at home to Blackpool 2-0, both goals coming in the last 10 minutes.

Arshavin scored for fun with me (tu). I bought Pastore to sit in behind the strikers and what a fucking player he turned out to be, goals and assists everywhere :drool: was Arsenals Leo Messi! With Chamakh and Van Persie up front and Walcott and Arshavin on the wings the goals where flying in.

Beat Villa 3-0 away and then had a injury crisis upfront, RVP and Chamakh both out for 4 weeks, so Walcott and Arshavin upfront and I'm stuggling for goals now. Took me 120 minutes to beat Pompey in the League Cup and then drew 1-1 with Wolves at home, I must've had about 50 shots over the 2 games. Managed to beat Bursa 2-0 away though.

Latest Results :

4-0 vs Sunderland (H)

2-1 vs Panathinaikos (A)

0-1 vs Blackburn (H) :anguish:

Striker is my main priority in January, it's a pain in the arse how I can score 4 in one game and then fail to score in another, with the same number of chances created.