A fullback, centre back, midfielder and a rocket...

Muff

Needed asap - a right back capable of defending, a centre half who is not on his last legs and a central midfielder who can play the game.

Whittaker - an absolute liability, week-in, week-out. He cannot stay on his feet, pass a ball, block, tackle, he takes men on and constantly loses the ball. His awareness and positioning is absolutely terrible.

Weir - on his last legs, a season too far. Part of the defence that is a complete and utter shambles. The full-backs are getting a lot of stick, rightly so, but David Weir is just as much to blame. He's getting caught out of position, sit's far too deep (even deeper than before), ball watches - Bougherra hasn't been at his best, but when he is not in there to keep and mop up play for Weir, the defence is even worse. Not bringing in a centre back during the summer was criminal.

McCulloch - I've had my say on him in the McCulloch thread. Not a holding midfielder - ball retention, protection, positioning, awareness, tackling, passing... piss poor - he struggles to get anywhere near the opposition and get's caught out too often. He's there to protect the back four, and he's certainly not doing it.

A rocket - to shove up everyone of those players backsides, Steven Davis especially - it might just wake and fire them up for once.

Injuries, squad etc cannot be an excuse, these sort of performances have been going on for far too long. It's obvious to see that the Inverness, Valencia and Hibs games have not changed a thing in terms of attitude, performances...

I remember the 'Steven Whittaker is not good enough for Rangers' thread, and people were insisting he had a bad night against Valencia, and he was good enough. Surely not now?! Defensively hopeless, Ok he set up the 3rd goal, but that's one good thing in the past few games he's done right.

Also, how sensational was Eremenko today?! :drool:

Yes we need a few players, but have little money.

Davis needs to start playing.

Hutton should be given a start in centre midfield alongside Davis.

We still need a good winger in my opinion - play Weiss on the right.

Cannot wait for Jelavic to return - we miss him badly.

I remember the 'Steven Whittaker is not good enough for Rangers' thread, and people were insisting he had a bad night against Valencia, and he was good enough. Surely not now?! Defensively hopeless, Ok he set up the 3rd goal, but that's one good thing in the past few games he's done right.

Also, how sensational was Eremenko today?! :drool:

Eremenko - good on the ball, absolutely no fitness (see 2nd half), lazy and we would have made Stephen Hawking look like a player ffs.

Completely agree with the original post, Whittaker is far from good enough for Rangers and the right back position has been the weak link for me for too long. As you say we need a midfield enforcer who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and allow players like Davis to shine, McCulloch can't do this and although I can see Edu improving in the future can't see him filling this role.

In all honesty we should be at least nine points worse off than we currently are. The victories at the start of the season papered over the cracks. Thankfully though we are three points ahead.

I actually thought Whittaker did well at times today but other times he is woeful! McCulloch does a job in there that I could do. He sits on the back four's toes, plays passes no more than 20 yards, and fails to offer anything constructive. Any game that goes by now when he doesn't get booked is a plus point for him.

I thought we were shocking today and once again we failed to complete simple passes, control the game, play with a bit of tempo and boss the midfield. Kilmarnock were playing some good football and Eremenko was controlling everything while Davis and McCulloch stood and watched him. I thought we would see a major improvement from the Inverness game and then Hibs game but so far we continue to see the same stuff, fortunately we keep getting results but how long can that go on for?

Completely agree with the original post, Whittaker is far from good enough for Rangers and the right back position has been the weak link for me for too long. As you say we need a midfield enforcer who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and allow players like Davis to shine, McCulloch can't do this and although I can see Edu improving in the future can't see him filling this role.

Hutton with more experience could be a great midfielder. He needs games Walter.

Whittaker had a good game today. Defensively not the best but he's good enough imo.

Agreed about Weir though.

He was horrific. Everytime he get's the ball, no matter where he is on the park, he tries to take men on and loses possession. He get's caught out of position far too often, his distribution is useless and let's not even talk about his defending, because it's pointless even going there. I like my defenders, fullbacks to be able to defend, Whittaker can't, and the low in confidence excuse won't do.

He's been shit for the majority of the season.

One thing that is a major worry is what if Miller picks up an injury?

Although he has not been playing that well for the past few weeks he is still getting the goals and if he does not score then where does the goals come from?

He was horrific. Everytime he get's the ball, no matter where he is on the park, he tries to take men on and loses possession. He get's caught out of position far too often, his distribution is useless and let's not even talk about his defending, because it's pointless even going there. I like my defenders, fullbacks to be able to defend, Whittaker can't, and the low in confidence excuse won't do.

He's been shit for the majority of the season.

I disagree. He got up and down well, set up a goal and none of the problems came for his side in either half. Was more of a centre back problem today.

I'm not saying he's not flawed but I think he had a good game today and he was not the reason we conceded 2.

One thing that is a major worry is what if Miller picks up an injury?

Although he has not been playing that well for the past few weeks he is still getting the goals and if he does not score then where does the goals come from?

Said that to my dad right after the 3rd. We would be screwed. Jelavic is going to take a few games to get back into it, Beattie is... Beattie, and Lafferty/Naismith aren't going to get the goals.

Well to be fair Naismith has got 8 this season which is a good return but then you look down that list and the next person is Kyle Lafferty with 4 goals... 14 behind Miller.

The midfield need to start chipping in more and the reason the defenders don't score is because we are unable to deliver a good set-piece for them to attack!

Though I have admittedly never seen him play, but apparently there are rumours that the US Military are looking to sell Saturn V SA-506. Decent rocket, good turn of pace, sometimes a wee bit too direct though. Definitely worth a cheeky bid. Maybe a player exchange with Broadfoot?

For centre mid, Gomis would fit in well, but I rate Edu, and think he's only going to keep improving. As for centre backs, it might be worth looking into Gale Agbossoumonde's situation. I saw him in a youth tournament last summer, and was really impressed. Read an article on him the other day, he's signed to a sports agency, and is currently without a club. Maybe worth a punt?

Also for centre mid, while I remember, I was talking to this Norwegian friend of mine, and he says he doesn't know how Hardeep Singh or Mikkel Diskerud are still at Valerenga and Staebek respectively. Both are only just 20, and surely wouldn't cost a great deal.

You've just made him up. :lol:

Needed asap - a right back capable of defending, a centre half who is not on his last legs and a central midfielder who can play the game.

Whittaker - an absolute liability, week-in, week-out. He cannot stay on his feet, pass a ball, block, tackle, he takes men on and constantly loses the ball. His awareness and positioning is absolutely terrible.

Weir - on his last legs, a season too far. Part of the defence that is a complete and utter shambles. The full-backs are getting a lot of stick, rightly so, but David Weir is just as much to blame. He's getting caught out of position, sit's far too deep (even deeper than before), ball watches - Bougherra hasn't been at his best, but when he is not in there to keep and mop up play for Weir, the defence is even worse. Not bringing in a centre back during the summer was criminal.

McCulloch - I've had my say on him in the McCulloch thread. Not a holding midfielder - ball retention, protection, positioning, awareness, tackling, passing... piss poor - he struggles to get anywhere near the opposition and get's caught out too often. He's there to protect the back four, and he's certainly not doing it.

A rocket - to shove up everyone of those players backsides, Steven Davis especially - it might just wake and fire them up for once.

Injuries, squad etc cannot be an excuse, these sort of performances have been going on for far too long. It's obvious to see that the Inverness, Valencia and Hibs games have not changed a thing in terms of attitude, performances...

We do need some creativity in Midfield and its NOT Davis - we need someone who plays alongside Lee and Davis seems MOST effective played on the right, which is why Walter obviously playes him there. If we did NOT have a [;ayer like Lee we would be shouting out to get someone like him.

Oh and despite ALL these weaknesses - still top of the league!

McCulloch did fcuk all today. We need a player who understands and can play the role the manager is asking McCulloch to play, because he can't do it - apart from the odd game here and there.

McCulloch did fcuk all today. We need a player who understands and can play the role the manager is asking McCulloch to play, because he can't do it - apart from the odd game here and there.

One could say the same about Davis - all season.

I know you hate Lee playing there but he is conststent and does, in the main, the job he is asked to do. Davis for me is the one we see as the creative but thats not really what he is best at .

One thing we also need is someone capable of taking freekicks and corners. They are shocking!