Goodwillie or Eremenko ?

achaleven

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Eremenko, for those wanting us to sign him where do you see him fitting into our team?

I'm not asking for the sake of arguments, its a genuine question as I haven't really watched Killie this season so don't know how they play him, so who would Smith (not you or me) drop to accommodate him?

He'd certainly be in my team before McCulloch or Edu - Walter will no doubt disagree with me though. :)

Was talking to a Killie fan and he was telling me with Eremenko he needs to be given a free role to do whatever he wants, if he is given a specific role that plays him in CM or something he will be useless. Hes also on 20k wages and Kilie pay like 20% of that.

Goodwillie for me.

David Goodwillie by an absolute country mile!

is this because you dont rate eremenko?, did you not say that dg was shite and over rated(not rangers class)when i suggested we should have signed him in the summer? apologie's if i'am wrong but i was sure it was you who wrote this.

Goodwillie - easy decision. great talent surrounded by shite players. hes good enough now but i think he will improve massively at rangers. Eremenko is decent but is older and not a striker. we need a striker that can continuously find the net. we had boyd, we had miller, now its time for goodwillie. great prospect for the future. :) WATP

I like Goodwillie and it's great to see us linked with young Scottish internationalists such as him and Commons, both would be great signings imo.

But given the choice between Goodwillie and Eremenko I'd go for Eremenko every day of the week that ends in a "Y"

Our need is far greater in midfield where we lack genuine craft and Eremenko would be a revelation.

is this because you dont rate eremenko?, did you not say that dg was shite and over rated(not rangers class)when i suggested we should have signed him in the summer? apologie's if i'am wrong but i was sure it was you who wrote this.

In the summer we did not need him - think that's what I said. We were linked with Craig Conway also, who IMO is crap.

Since February 2010, people have been overrating Goodwillie, we saw it in the summer - he was some sort of world-beater. Last season he had about 4/5 good months.

I remember saying that he was a future replacement for Miller in both the Rangers and Scotland team. He's continued to improve this season and I'd take a chance on him now that it looks like Miller is offski.

Pace, workrate, power, good touch, eye for goal and a good bit of arrogance and cockiness...