Pienaar confirms on Twitter he's off to Spurs

Broxi1872

TBH Its what chelsea dont need, IMO Chelsea really do need to start investing in younger players around 22 to 26 years old. The team is full of experience but sometimes you need to freshen it up.

This is such a typical Premiership transfer.

Decent player moves to a club, where he is never going to get a game, because a big wage is on offer and after eighteen months/two years of sparodic football he will move on to a run of the mill club and be hailed as a saviour because he's on a massive contract and coming to them from a big club.

So expect to see Pienaar turn up at Wolves, Stoke or Birmingham in a few years and be hailed as a hero in the same way that guys like Bentley, Beattie, Damien Duff, Sidwell, Bullard, Parker, Darren Bent & Upson have done in the recent past and in a way that guys like Kranjkar, Palacios, Konchesky & Shaun Wright Phillips will probably do soon.

I think he's a cracking player, certainly not overrated or underrated.

Liked him ever since his Ajax days. He's got pace, energy, creativity, can deliver a ball... my one gripe about him is his finishing. For an attacking minded player, it is fcuking woeful, which is strange as he's got a sweet right boot. He averages about 3/4 goals a season :anguish:

Where is he going to fit in at Tottenham?

He is a AMC/R/L and currently occupying those positions at Spurs are Lennon, Bale and Van Der Vaart. In all due respect to Pienaar, he isn't better than any of those three so a place on the bench looks likely.

I'm guessing that's Niko Krancjar on his way out of White Hart Lane, now there's a player that I'd love at Ibrox - not going to happen though.