Balotelli claims Man City attack is 'better than Barca'

sdunsmb

Some more comedy from Mario...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9365440.stm

Striker Mario Balotelli believes that Manchester City's new-look strike force is the best in world football.

Currently out with a knee injury, the 20-year-old says he cannot wait to link up with new £27m signing Edin Dzeko and the club's captain Carlos Tevez.

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world," he said on Tuesday. "We are the strongest. Better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid."

The Italian also claimed he is better than Manchester United's Wayne Rooney.

"He [Rooney] is a very good player but not the best in Manchester," former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, who also feels that United fans admire him, told Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport.

"Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'. But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care. They are wonderful with me."

England international Rooney, who has also suffered with injury in recent months, has scored three times this season while Balotelli has scored eight times since moving from Italy in August.

Mourinho is the best coach in the world. But as a man he has a lot to learn about politeness and respect. Mancini, as a man, is 10km ahead of Mourinho

Mario Balotelli

City manager Roberto Mancini has already declared his intention to unite Dzeko and Tevez in attack with Balotelli, who recently won the Fifa Young Player of the Year award.

After that prize was announced, he claimed to have never heard of the runner-up - Arsenal's Jack Wilshere.

And his latest comments are likely to cause surprise at World Player of the Year Lionel Messi's Barcelona, the reigning Spanish champions and 2009 Champions League winners, now widely considered to be one of the greatest attacking teams of all time.

He has also hit out at Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, whom he played under at Inter for the past two seasons as the pair fell out consistently over Balotelli's attitude.

Former Chelsea manager Mourinho banished him from the first team for seven matches last season before Inter finished with an unprecedented treble in Italian football with Balotelli mostly a substitute.

"Mourinho is the best coach in the world but as a man he has a lot to learn about politeness and respect," added Balotelli.

"[but Mancini] he's the most important coach I've had. Soon he'll be the best in the world. As a man he's 10km ahead of Mourinho."

Balotelli has been ordered to rest for a couple of weeks after which his present injury, which may need an operation, will be assessed.

Guest SandyWATP

:lol:

I love the guy, he's just what the game needs.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's never heard of players like Pedro and Busquets.

Guest SandyWATP

How could anyone know that since they ain't ever played together?

True, but I'm just going by the individual quality they have.

Balotelli - Dzeko - Tevez

Not bad.

Not bad.

Individually they are great players...but IMO I think all three together, on the pitch they will just be big ego's and play for themselfs, hope I am wrong as I love to watch great football & great attacks.

Hence why I jumped at the comment defending Barcelona

Cause they ain't close to Barcelona in attack :craphead:

Not bad.

Ye, man for man they must be up their with best squads in the world! If Mancini get mould them into a team then they will be dangerous.

Either way, you've got find Balotelli hilarious. He just comes out with anything. Was class when he said he'd never heard of Wilshere.

Guest SandyWATP

Never thought about it really....started to get me thinking, possibly right!

Who can compare?

Chelsea I suppose, with Drogba and Anelka, but they are both horrendously off-form.

Man Utd - Rooney, Berba and Hernandez, but Rooney is awful atm.

No other team in the league comes close apart from those 2, so I'd say they are.

To both croatianbicycles and sandy a would have to say on form prob Chelsea Manchester united and Man city are all on par but once again it's speaking from a point of view of not even seeing Man City play!

Or seeing Balotelli having more than 10 games in the league or Dzeko have more than 1 game in the league...no doubt they will be great players in England ...But it does not always work out that way!

i wouldnt mind a strikeforce like that but sorry Mario IMO thats the 2nd best attacking line in te World atm , going by their individual talents but i still think Dzeko won't adapt very well to the premiership but then again i said the same about Van der Vaart :lol: purely on the fact i thought the pace would be too much for him ....

Guest SandyWATP

i wouldnt mind a strikeforce like that but sorry Mario IMO thats the 2nd best attacking line in te World atm , going by their individual talents but i still think Dzeko won't adapt very well to the premiership but then again i said the same about Van der Vaart :lol: purely on the fact i thought the pace would be too much for him ....

The German league isn't much slower than the EPL, that's if it is at all.