Clubs interested in Allan McGregor?

GOAT

I think you have jumped to the wrong conclusion here. When I said bring in someone of quality I meant in an outfield position not GK. Alexander deserves the number 1 shirt if McGregor goes. I should have been clearer.

We would need a new back up keeper but that would cost a daft amount, Cammy Bell has been talked about a lot and I would be happy with that.

ok can go along with that :crabflute:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mcgregor is 29 and would be first choice at man city and arsenal.

even 7 million is a low estimate of his worth.

but with poetry in bain negotiation no doubt we will be lucky to get 5 million after add ons.

Mate can you stop all this pish. GOALKEEPERS DO NOT GO FOR MORE THAN 10million AS HAS BEEN PROVEN IN THE LAST 100years!!!!!!!!!!

he is a fantastic goalkeeper and ahould be sold only at the correct price and thats nort of 5 million thats for sure.

no club with ambition sells players un january. not starters anyway.

We're absolutely potless and needs must I'm afraid.

What McGregor's worth and what we actually get are two entirely different things. We let the best striker in Scotland go for £400 thousand FFS!

i dont think hes worth more than 10 million.

Thats what you said!! So what do you think hes worth then? Goalkeepers and great ones at that will tend to move around £7 or £8 million!

The Arsenal interest seems solid mate. Almunia wanting away maybe?

We'll see though.

The Manc City 'interest' might be utter pie though :pipe:

It might be, mate! and for a miserable 5million spondooliks they can stick their offer right up their arsene.

I still think that Wenger will take a punt on young Szczesny as his #1 next season because he drools over this kid.

Why the fuck would shagger go to a club where he'll more than likely be on the bench every week?

I still think he'll have the gloves on for us come 1st February. (tu)

mcgregor is 29 and would be first choice at man city and arsenal.

but with poetry in bain negotiation no doubt we will be lucky to get 5 million after add ons.

Knock Knock GS.

We aren't running the club, it isn't up to us. Walter, Davis and others have already said in this month we have our hands tied !

Clubs aren't stupid, they do their background checks on the club, on past transfers, current financial situation.

They'll know our Club has lost the majority of players, in the past few seasons, that bids have come in for. They will know our pulling power isn't as much as it once was sadly.

£5Million would be accepted by the Banks quite happily, even if we would like to hold on for more.

We must hold out for at least £7m in my opinion but if he goes Walter must get the full £5m otherwise the supporters have to make their voices heard and start a campaign.

Is it Boogie next for £2m and then Davis for £3m,maybe Edu and jelavic for £5m for the 2....we are being taken apart and we're standing watching our club slowly sink..Walter and Ally have done an amazing job but there is only so many kids can come in and only so much they can do.

Thats what you said!! So what do you think hes worth then? Goalkeepers and great ones at that will tend to move around £7 or £8 million!

given went to man city for 7 million.

he was 4 years older so add on 500k a year.

that seems reasonable. greigsy is also better.

Knock Knock GS.

We aren't running the club, it isn't up to us. Walter, Davis and others have already said in this month we have our hands tied !

Clubs aren't stupid, they do their background checks on the club, on past transfers, current financial situation.

They'll know our Club has lost the majority of players, in the past few seasons, that bids have come in for. They will know our pulling power isn't as much as it once was sadly.

£5Million would be accepted by the Banks quite happily, even if we would like to hold on for more.

we are discussing his worth not what the bank will take.

going on the past i expect 3 million will get him. but then again walter says we dont need to sell.

north of 7 million or gtfo.

anyone who thinks alexander is as good as mcgregor is way off, good keeper all the same but not in the mcgregor bracket, i do believe is is capable but i dont get all these comparisons i hear that he is as good as greegs, no chance :disappointment:

given went to man city for 7 million.

he was 4 years older so add on 500k a year.

that seems reasonable. greigsy is also better.

Wether you or i like it or not, Shay Given was a wonderful keeper for Newcastle and proven at international level. To compare him and Shagger isnt a great example.

Shagger has played in Europe etc, but in the EPL they think their leauge is the best. Meaning every player in it goes for riddiculous amounts of money. A leauge that has teams paying £8 and £9 million for people like Emile Heskey cant be taken seriously imo

Wether you or i like it or not, Shay Given was a wonderful keeper for Newcastle and proven at international level. To compare him and Shagger isnt a great example.

Shagger has played in Europe etc, but in the EPL they think their leauge is the best. Meaning every player in it goes for riddiculous amounts of money. A leauge that has teams paying £8 and £9 million for people like Emile Heskey cant be taken seriously imo

yeah but hes going to that rediculous league.

given used to be a great keeper no doubt but greiggsy is better.

we are discussing his worth not what the bank will take.

going on the past i expect 3 million will get him. but then again walter says we dont need to sell.

north of 7 million or gtfo.

Anything less than £7 million would be bogging, but I expect us to accept bogging.

Somewhere around £5m

If we have to lose him lete's hope there's a bidding war.

I'm not sure "bidding wars" happen anymore do they? Is it not a case of we accept a bid, then whoever offers the best personal terms gets the player? As an example, we accepted an offer of $500k from Birmingham for Judas Miller, but he ended going to a club that gave him better terms (and for less money).

SSN just said there 'Arsene Wenger has sent his scouts down to Scotland to keep an eye on Allan McGregor, it seems they will need to spend £5Million to secure his services. Though will face competition from Sevilla, Aston Villa and Manchester United.'

But the last 3 clubs were the ones who have been mentioned over the past few months, so not sure about that.

No bids tabled.

if i was a an english scout at tynecastle there is only one player i'd be telling my club to buy, and that is jamie ness.i was told by one of he rangers youth scouts 18 months ago that big clubs were never away from our games watching ness,have also heard from the same guy he was asked to sign a 4 year deal and refused

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around £5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group, which is effectively running Rangers. The 28-year-old current Scotland No.1 is under contract until the summer of 2013 but the Ibrox club is vulnerable to losing any of its senior players.

Where is this quote from? :mad: