Kris Common

fleck should have been loaned out a long time ago, instead we heard the guff about how he's going to get his chance in the first team, he did and wasn't up to scratch, so instead of giving him game time we just let him rot away.

scrapping the reserve league was one of the worst calls ever

I wouldn't. Rangers need proven quality and don't have the luxury of hoping youngsters come good in the end.

Lets hope you arent one of those constantly bleating about Smith not giving young players a chance then eh? And, should we bin the youth team then? No point developing players? England were crazy to give that Owen, Rooney, Walcott games when they were 17!

And, no we dont. We have some players with "proven quality", who simply dont perform.

Whats the one thing a young player brings to a team? The "unknown" quality. teams dont know what to expect from them. In general, you take a look at every single young player that has gotten a game for us over the last 12 months or so, and, they all have better awareness, better first touch, and, generally better passing than these so called experienced players we have.

What are we missing? A pacy left winger with good delivery.... um? Greg Wylde. Simple. Problem sorted. or havent you seen him play yet?

"Moan moan McCulloch moan".... Jamie Ness? should we bin him and stick with Big Lee?

"Whittaker/Broadfoot/Foster are pish"... Jordan McMillan is a cracking player, and, young Darren Cole looked absolutely find in his debut game.. in the Champions League, but, nah, shall we stick with the first ones?

"proven quality"??? What if that proven quality is just POOR quality? Ruins the argument.

Lets hope you arent one of those constantly bleating about Smith not giving young players a chance then eh? And, should we bin the youth team then? No point developing players? England were crazy to give that Owen, Rooney, Walcott games when they were 17!

And, no we dont. We have some players with "proven quality", who simply dont perform.

Whats the one thing a young player brings to a team? The "unknown" quality. teams dont know what to expect from them. In general, you take a look at every single young player that has gotten a game for us over the last 12 months or so, and, they all have better awareness, better first touch, and, generally better passing than these so called experienced players we have.

What are we missing? A pacy left winger with good delivery.... um? Greg Wylde. Simple. Problem sorted. or havent you seen him play yet?

"Moan moan McCulloch moan".... Jamie Ness? should we bin him and stick with Big Lee?

"Whittaker/Broadfoot/Foster are pish"... Jordan McMillan is a cracking player, and, young Darren Cole looked absolutely find in his debut game.. in the Champions League, but, nah, shall we stick with the first ones?

"proven quality"??? What if that proven quality is just POOR quality? Ruins the argument.

Well argued... :)

I see someone is passionate about this subject

and let's hope your one of them people that bothers to read more of my posts. I've said countless times that if our youth was as good as most people think they are then play them. A lot of people think they are better than what they are and it sometimes sounds like they want them played for the sheer sake of it.

Hutton, Ness and Wylde look decent but there's guys like Fleck, Little and Loy who look dim/inconsistant and countless others who have just been utter shite.

If your trying to tell me you'd prefer John Fleck over Commons then as much as I will respect your opinion - I'll reserve the right to find you borderline insane.

Are we really that naive to think that just cos we are rangers that we can get players for buttons? Fair enough he might not be worth the 18k but there was no chance he was gona accept 14 when he was rejecting Derbys 15k!

Fucking common sense.

Not at all, if he aint worth it then why pay it though?

Were trying to save money, not spunk away a couple of grand extra a week to satisfy the fans on a half decent signing.

Just as well WS and Ally are Rangers men through an through lots of football men would have walked away an told the club to stick it up their arse getting to

the stage we cant go into the market for players unless we go to Maryhill or Petershill juniors.

ally may well walk away with wattie at the end of the season. he is on a hiding next season, only around 12senior players,no money, vital players on last season of contract, and cant offer them a new one. the place is a complete and utter shambles

Can they hoof it up the park as quickly as possible? Play a pass ten yards off course? Dive into needless tackles?

They can fuck off until they meet those requirements!

there isnt a player playing football anywhere who wouldnt consider signing for them.

people are living in the past.

even lafferty would have if we hadnt moved for him.

WTF Lafferty had talked to gordon strachan before we were interested and said he could never do it <cr>

WTF Lafferty had talked to gordon strachan before we were interested and said he could never do it <cr>

aye once we were in for him.

have a look at what he was saying 6 months prior to that.

ill allow some leway and say there is maybe 20 players in the whole of world football who would never sign for them. thats not alot to pick from.

I wasn't directly referring to Fleck...

My point was more that I wouldn't want to sign a player who would even consider signing for them

The problem you, and me, have accepting this is that all footballers are not Rangers Men - they are professional sportsmen who want to earn the best living they can from their short time at the top.

Imagine you lived and played in London - would you think twice about a move from Arsenal to Chelsea if you were offered £5k a week more?

I doubt it would even cross your mind who the club was, or who you were leaving behind.

Unfortunately thats the way it works with money being the King.

I am really not fussed if we don't sign him. He is a decent player but not a player I would lose any sleep over if we were to lose out on him.

Hopefully we find out what is going on so this does not turn into a Naismith/Jelavic type of saga. If it is off then it gives us a bit of time to get a few players in if we can afford them or if there are even any players being lined up?

He has also spent his whole career in the Championship with Stoke, Nottingham Forrest and Derby and while there are some very good players in the championship the cream of the crop usually end up moving onto bigger and better things. Commons is entering the final 6 months of his contract and can be signed as a bosman and the only club that has expressed an interest in him has been us. If he was that good then there would be a host of clubs chomping at the bit to sign him on a pre contract as soon as possible.

The problem you, and me, have accepting this is that all footballers are not Rangers Men - they are professional sportsmen who want to earn the best living they can from their short time at the top.

Imagine you lived and played in London - would you think twice about a move from Arsenal to Chelsea if you were offered £5k a week more?

I doubt it would even cross your mind who the club was, or who you were leaving behind.

spot on.

and let's hope your one of them people that bothers to read more of my posts. I've said countless times that if our youth was as good as most people think they are then play them. A lot of people think they are better than what they are and it sometimes sounds like they want them played for the sheer sake of it.

Hutton, Ness and Wylde look decent but there's guys like Fleck, Little and Loy who look dim/inconsistant and countless others who have just been utter shite.

If your trying to tell me you'd prefer John Fleck over Commons then as much as I will respect your opinion - I'll reserve the right to find you borderline insane.

Well, I will certainly read a little more. I have spent time away from here of late. I think, our youth in the main is better than we think, at least in part. And, given the standard we play against week in week out, certainly shouldnt be any worse than that. I think there are some first teamers getting played for the sake of it. A club like Rangers has no excuse for fielding a 40 year old guy, its not ageist, is just how I feel. We, as a team, are desperately short of pace, and, thats something older guys just dont have, and, young lads do! as a rule.

Fleck, for me, is suffering from not playing in his best role, which is just off a striker I think, and, was hyped beyond belief, to the point where he will never ever live up to it, but, he has something to offer. Little.. dunno? looks "ok", and, at times looks good, but, he does seem to get into his national squads. Loy seems to have been about forever, I think we need to cut him loose as, he would have had game time by now if he was good enough... i think.

Ness, Hutton, McMillan, Cole, Wylde all look potentially good to very good, and, I would add Fleck in there as well. Inconsistant is something you have to live with from younger players, but, they learn! Am fed up watching the same consistantly poor performances that we get now. Something needs to change, and, youth is there for a reason, its also not letting us down half as much as the regulars are.

I wont debate my current state of sanity, I think its hit or miss at the moment. Plus, as for Commons, I know next to nothing about him, have seen him play a bit for Scotland, and, was underwhelmed to be honest. Then again, most players look shite playing for Scotland. Then again, are we speaking about Fleck v Commons for left wing, or, off the striker? The former? Fleck is gash there, so, no argument, the latter, not sure? isnt Commons a winger? Then there is space for both ;)

and Outlaw, you've went off on loads off little different tangents on your rant about assuming people want Ness dropped ahead of McCulloch. That's in your head. Find me one post where anyone has said that.

No, that was an example of youth over experience, and, one that nobody could agree with. Just expanding on what I was ranting about.

Well, I will certainly read a little more. I have spent time away from here of late. I think, our youth in the main is better than we think, at least in part. And, given the standard we play against week in week out, certainly shouldnt be any worse than that. I think there are some first teamers getting played for the sake of it. A club like Rangers has no excuse for fielding a 40 year old guy, its not ageist, is just how I feel. We, as a team, are desperately short of pace, and, thats something older guys just dont have, and, young lads do! as a rule.

Fleck, for me, is suffering from not playing in his best role, which is just off a striker I think, and, was hyped beyond belief, to the point where he will never ever live up to it, but, he has something to offer. Little.. dunno? looks "ok", and, at times looks good, but, he does seem to get into his national squads. Loy seems to have been about forever, I think we need to cut him loose as, he would have had game time by now if he was good enough... i think.

Ness, Hutton, McMillan, Cole, Wylde all look potentially good to very good, and, I would add Fleck in there as well. Inconsistant is something you have to live with from younger players, but, they learn! Am fed up watching the same consistantly poor performances that we get now. Something needs to change, and, youth is there for a reason, its also not letting us down half as much as the regulars are.

I wont debate my current state of sanity, I think its hit or miss at the moment. Plus, as for Commons, I know next to nothing about him, have seen him play a bit for Scotland, and, was underwhelmed to be honest. Then again, most players look shite playing for Scotland. Then again, are we speaking about Fleck v Commons for left wing, or, off the striker? The former? Fleck is gash there, so, no argument, the latter, not sure? isnt Commons a winger? Then there is space for both ;)

Fair enough. A lot of it I disagree with, but it's a fair enough post.

I agree that money is very important to proffessional sportsmen but a couple of grand a week is a drop in the ocean to most of them. It's probably 10% of their current earnings. I wouldn't leave my company to go to a rival for a 10% wage increase!