Jelavic's Goal Last Night

MartinGers93

Guest SandyWATP

Shagger would have scored it if he was given it on a plate like that. Its what he is paid for though and they all count at the end of the season.

You do realise he had to take it round the keeper?

Countless strikers fuck this skill up.

Martin....I don't wish to burst your bubble or even take away anything from Jelavic scoring that goal, but to be quite honest,even Beattie or I would have buried that chance.

Nikica is still a bit away from being at his best, both physical and mental,so he is nowhere near peak.

No matter how many goals he scores until the end of the season, we will still miss the contribution of Kenny Miller...If we had kept KM and paired him with NJ, we would have walked this league by a distance and a half, but for the sake of around 400,000 quid we have put ourself in a precarious position.

After that performance against probably one of the worst Hibs teams I've seen in many a year, I wouldn't be blowing my trumpet.

*Edit...I mean the goal Jelavic scored against HIVS....Not the goal he scored in the clip!

Mhiller wouldnae have scored that goal mate - he has no 1st touch and disnae know whit tae dae when he gets the baw in open play.

He was an instinctive finisher for us ie when he never had time tae think aboot it, he would oftener than not score.

So stoap talkin Ozzie shite.............................................................................:P

That is EXACTLY the point I'm making. We have midfield players who are primed for running riot in the SPL and yet we fuck around with containment instead of going for the jugular,especially against teams we should have buried by half-time.

Ok...The Jambos game, we made all the running and got beaten. doh shit happens some times, but I really shake my head at some of the stuff we play.

I lost count of the amount of times we made a break yesterday when we got to just outside the HIVS 25yard area and before you know it, the ball was passed about 8 times and ended back with Weir or McGregor :blush: and this happens week-in, week-out....I'm fuckin speechless! :ph34r:

Yer daein no too bad for somebody thats fuckin speechless! :ph34r:

I take it is just me that thinks it was a really good goal? He was on his wrong foot, stumbling back a bit and totally the wrong shape for the shot he produced. I thought it would be easier to miss given all the circumstances. Maybe he was just lucky ;)

I agree it was a good goal but the only thing that was lucky was that wasn't sent off.

Looked a straight red to me...

Mhiller wouldnae have scored that goal mate - he has no 1st touch and disnae know whit tae dae when he gets the baw in open play.

He was an instinctive finisher for us ie when he never had time tae think aboot it, he would oftener than not score.

So stoap talkin Ozzie shite.............................................................................:P

Hawd the fuckin bus.....The baw's oan the slates! If you get aff the Buckie fur a wee minute, ye'll notice I said BEATTIE or my good self wid have scored that......Ah never said Miller wid have scored it. :P

9 games for us and the guy has nothing to worry about, fans favorite already. I'm glad we all see the talent he's got, if we win the league he'll be a massive part of it. Now that he's got his first they'll come flying in, although he desperately needs someone up top with him. There was a point last night where he was the ONLY Rangers player in Hibs half and we were supposed to be on the attack. The closest player was Weiss and he was 5-10 yards into his own half

That unfortunately is the depth this great club have plummeted to in this age...I'm going to ask you and all the other thinking bears a question....Do you think Walter Smith and Ally McCoist sit back after a game where our "Stars" can't even pass a fuckin ball 5-10 yards without stuffing it up and think to their selves....Yea that was ok because we got 3 points? doh

You wonder what they do concentrate on though at training the day after a game like that(Or Friday as i believe they have the day off today)

Have they accepted that this is the squad's limit and they will have games like this more often than not?

Do they try and coach players like Naismith and Ness..i would like to think they do because without being present at one of the training sessions or in the conference suite one can only speculate.

Maybe they do realise it and want to change it but cannot thanks to Lloyds and Murray.

Who knows what goes on in their minds Oz.

One thing for sure goes through ours....the tactics,personnel and standard of player leave an awful lot to be desired.

We got 3 points...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS ON HERE TO MANY. <cr>

It matters a lot more than how we perform. Ideally we should be playing attractive fitba and taking the points, but ensuring we secure the points before any other consideration is vital.

As Walter Smith is never finished telling us - The Rangers must win.

It matters a lot more than how we perform. Ideally we should be playing attractive fitba and taking the points, but ensuring we secure the points before any other consideration is vital.

As Walter Smith is never finished telling us - The Rangers must win.

See this is where i disagree fundamentally because with the players at our disposal and the talents they have i believe that we should be beating god awful teams like Hibs far more convincingly.

We are not doing it anywhere near as often as we should with teams this season.

Are we really to believe that this is all this squad and team can achieve is grinding out 2 nil and 1 nil wins against utter dross?

From reading your comments it's clear you are articulate and have followed the Rangers for longer than some on here (no offence)....but i cannot help but feel that the support has just accepted this dumbing down attitude and accepted it.

I was only using Beattie as an example, Martin...as you are well aware.

Beattie hasn't became a bad player overnight and yes! he is playing far too deep, but if you have ever coached football at any reasonable level, you know why he is doing that.

The point I'm making is that if we are relying on NJ to score the goals that will win us the league on his own, we aren't going to do it.

Nikica Jelavic is a fuckin class act up front, but without a partner in crime, we haven't got the firepower to win this league.....And I'll tell you this for nothing...Steven Naismith up front with Jelavic is NOT the answer.

Would have disagreed with you up until last night, but feel your spot on now

See this is where i disagree fundamentally because with the players at our disposal and the talents they have i believe that we should be beating god awful teams like Hibs far more convincingly.

We are not doing it anywhere near as often as we should with teams this season.

Are we really to believe that this is all this squad and team can achieve is grinding out 2 nil and 1 nil wins against utter dross?

From reading your comments it's clear you are articulate and have followed the Rangers for longer than some on here (no offence)....but i cannot help but feel that the support has just accepted this dumbing down attitude and accepted it.

Do we really disagree so much? We all want to win in style, but winning is a must.

We played Hearts off the park for the first 45 at the weekend and went on to lose – safe to say we would have preferred a performance similar to that vs. Hivs, but with a victory instead.

However, we might disagree as to why we are inconsistent. Clearly, we have too many players not good enough to be consistently at their best. That is reflected in the team performances and results. For every performance like the home game vs. Valencia, we have another like that vs. 666fc at the Ne'erday game. Foster is a good example - many of us (self included) thought we might have won a watch when evaluating his debut against Valencia. A few more performances from him and the reason why he is ultimately an Aberdeen player are revealed.

Consistency is an element that separates the very best players and one reason why they command such premium prices. We aren't able to compete regularly for even the best of the middling performers like Commons it seems.

That, our current financial state, is the enemy of all we aim for. Tragically, until we find a radical solution for our club, we might see many more performances that are questionable. It is hugely frustrating.

Do we really disagree so much? We all want to win in style, but winning is a must.

We played Hearts off the park for the first 45 at the weekend and went on to lose – safe to say we would have preferred a performance similar to that vs. Hivs, but with a victory instead.

However, we might disagree as to why we are inconsistent. Clearly, we have too many players not good enough to be consistently at their best. That is reflected in the team performances and results. For every performance like the home game vs. Valencia, we have another like that vs. 666fc at the Ne'erday game. Foster is a good example - many of us (self included) thought we might have won a watch when evaluating his debut against Valencia. A few more performances from him and the reason why he is ultimately an Aberdeen player are revealed.

Consistency is an element that separates the very best players and one reason why they command such premium prices. We aren't able to compete regularly for even the best of the middling performers like Commons it seems.

That, our current financial state, is the enemy of all we aim for. Tragically, until we find a radical solution for our club, we might see many more performances that are questionable. It is hugely frustrating.

In all honesty no i don't think we do.

Yes inconcistency is our arch enemy but i can't help but think that the way Smith sets us up and his overly cautious and negative outlook rubs off on the players.

I suppose it comes down to the brief run we had when Beasley was in the team and we ran riot against Dundee Utd and Motherwell by playing 2 wingers,2 strikers,Davis in the middle and McCulloch beside him.

We took the game to the opposition and simply destroyed them by playing a faster pace of football and by using the flanks far more often than we do now.

As soon as Smith could change it though he did and the result was that although we went on to win games we never again showed the same flair or style of football again.Yes there was the odd glimpse of it now and again but this is where i and many others get so frustrated with our players and manager.

Last nights team was about as close to being ideal as you could get except for the fact Davis was out right again where in my opinion he is wasted.

We paid over £3M for him and it was for a central midfielder not a right half.

By playing McCulloch consistently in the middle with Ness or Edu we have no creativity and no natural attacking instincts in the most important area of the park.

Our lack of creativity and formation is what is hampering us and i just feel that if Smith would put players where they belong and play them in their most comfortable and effective positions we wouldn't toil as badly as we do in the supposedly easier games.

Yes we all want Rangers to win but do we have to continually accept that winning means no flair,no excitement and no edge of seats football????

Martin....I don't wish to burst your bubble or even take away anything from Jelavic scoring that goal, but to be quite honest,even Beattie or I would have buried that chance.

Nikica is still a bit away from being at his best, both physical and mental,so he is nowhere near peak.

No matter how many goals he scores until the end of the season, we will still miss the contribution of Kenny Miller...If we had kept KM and paired him with NJ, we would have walked this league by a distance and a half, but for the sake of around 400,000 quid we have put ourself in a precarious position.

After that performance against probably one of the worst Hibs teams I've seen in many a year, I wouldn't be blowing my trumpet.

*Edit...I mean the goal Jelavic scored against HIVS....Not the goal he scored in the clip!

Are you sure?