Jelavic's Goal Last Night

MartinGers93

Jelavic's goal last night is why Rangers will not need Kenny Miller and will go and win 3IAR. Pure striker's instinct to capatalize on the Hibs player's mistake with a great 1st touch and a very tidy finish indeed. Can't wait till' he can

get at them in the cup next sunday so when can have more of this

Go to 1.45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG88J5nOfM

Jelavic's goal last night is why Rangers will not need Kenny Miller and will go and win 3IAR. Pure striker's instinct to capatalize on the Hibs player's mistake with a great 1st touch and a very tidy finish indeed. Can't wait till' he can

get at them in the cup next sunday so when can have more of this

Go to 1.45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG88J5nOfM

Martin....I don't wish to burst your bubble or even take away anything from Jelavic scoring that goal, but to be quite honest,even Beattie or I would have buried that chance.

Nikica is still a bit away from being at his best, both physical and mental,so he is nowhere near peak.

No matter how many goals he scores until the end of the season, we will still miss the contribution of Kenny Miller...If we had kept KM and paired him with NJ, we would have walked this league by a distance and a half, but for the sake of around 400,000 quid we have put ourself in a precarious position.

After that performance against probably one of the worst Hibs teams I've seen in many a year, I wouldn't be blowing my trumpet.

*Edit...I mean the goal Jelavic scored against HIVS....Not the goal he scored in the clip!

Martin....I don't wish to burst your bubble or even take away anything from Jelavic scoring that goal, but to be quite honest,even Beattie or I would have buried that chance.

Nikica is still a bit away from being at his best, both physical and mental,so he is nowhere near peak.

No matter how many goals he scores until the end of the season, we will still miss the contribution of Kenny Miller...If we had kept KM and paired him with NJ, we would have walked this league by a distance and a half, but for the sake of around 400,000 quid we have put ourself in a precarious position.

After that performance against probably one of the worst Hibs teams I've seen in many a year, I wouldn't be blowing my trumpet.

I know exactly where you are coming from and it's clear Hibs are just shite but i got to disagree with the Beattie thing he is far too slow now and it's on the quick way to retirement and he would have probably have been so deep in the 1st place that he wouldn't have been near the defender anyway

*Edit...I mean the goal Jelavic scored against HIVS....Not the goal he scored in the clip!

Oz your totally spot on (tu) Jelavic has been out 3 months not 3 weeks and theres seems to be presure on the guy that he is going to replace Millers goals he is going to take time to get up to match fitness and sharpness.

Last night we were poor yes we got 3 points but we will have to up the anti or we will lose this league.

I know exactly where you are coming from and it's clear Hibs are just shite but i got to disagree with the Beattie thing he is far too slow now and it's on the quick way to retirement and he would have probably have been so deep in the 1st place that he wouldn't have been near the defender anyway

I was only using Beattie as an example, Martin...as you are well aware.

Beattie hasn't became a bad player overnight and yes! he is playing far too deep, but if you have ever coached football at any reasonable level, you know why he is doing that.

The point I'm making is that if we are relying on NJ to score the goals that will win us the league on his own, we aren't going to do it.

Nikica Jelavic is a fuckin class act up front, but without a partner in crime, we haven't got the firepower to win this league.....And I'll tell you this for nothing...Steven Naismith up front with Jelavic is NOT the answer.

Oz your totally spot on (tu) Jelavic has been out 3 months not 3 weeks and theres seems to be presure on the guy that he is going to replace Millers goals he is going to take time to get up to match fitness and sharpness.

Last night we were poor yes we got 3 points but we will have to up the anti or we will lose this league.

Unfortunately, mate! I agree with you.

We have still got the best squad player for player in the league, but we are playing like a team that's waiting for other teams to take points off the scum.

That performance against HIVS had the alarm bells ringing inside my head big time, when you sit and analyse the game.

Look at the amount of times that McCulloch either gave away needless free kicks in dangerous positions, or lost the ball in tackles he was a 60%-40% a certainty to win it but lost the challenge.

We had McGregor with the ball in his hands, so he looks around....rolls it to Weir, who passes it to Papac (or Whittaker) which looks good at that point for a built up attack playing the ball on the deck....But! hawd the fuckin bus!!!! Papac (or Whittaker) then passes the ball back to Weir who immediately hoomphs the ball into the middle of the Hibs defence who then build up an attack against us and we have all our midfielders chasing like fuck trying to get the very same ball we gave away back again! doh

Am I missing fuckin something here? :anguish:

Anybody in our managerial ranks who was happy with that performance really wants to sit downand ask theirself some questions.

Anybody in our managerial ranks who was happy with that performance really wants to sit downand ask theirself some questions.

WS was happy and I quote "We played very well in the first half and got two good goals. We could have added to our score with more care. It was great to see Nikica strike."

The part in bold I agree with as it was great to see NJ Score and you will score if you are more careful with your passing and possession. As for playing very well........................ <cr>

WS was happy and I quote "We played very well in the first half and got two good goals. We could have added to our score with more care. It was great to see Nikica strike."

The part in bold I agree with as it was great to see NJ Score and you will score if you are more careful with your passing and possession. As for playing very well........................ <cr>

Aye! well maybe I'm a bit more savage on my players that Walter! :craphead:

It was great to see NJ score (even although it was on a plate) and he will score far more for us between now and May,because he is indeed a class act.

I disagree with Walter that we played well!...Hibs actually looked the better team in the 2nd half...Didn't McCoist say at half-time against the scum when we were humping high balls up to Miller and Weiss against them two neanderthals that they were happy with the way we were playing and wanted more of it in the 2nd half?

Maybe my idea of how the Rangers should play against shite teams is too old fashioned for the modern Rangers management. :pipe:

5 goals in 9 games is a fucking good return for any player. Jelavic is going to be massive for us and imo will be the best player to come to ibrox for many a year :D:uk:

I was only using Beattie as an example, Martin...as you are well aware.

Beattie hasn't became a bad player overnight and yes! he is playing far too deep, but if you have ever coached football at any reasonable level, you know why he is doing that.

The point I'm making is that if we are relying on NJ to score the goals that will win us the league on his own, we aren't going to do it.

Nikica Jelavic is a fuckin class act up front, but without a partner in crime, we haven't got the firepower to win this league.....And I'll tell you this for nothing...Steven Naismith up front with Jelavic is NOT the answer.

I totally agree that Naismith isn't the answer as he is much better playing left or right mid but i really can't see us getting anyone else unfortunately

I totally agree that Naismith isn't the answer as he is much better playing left or right mid but i really can't see us getting anyone else unfortunately

Unfortunately, Martin, neither can I....so the answer is to play to the strengths we have already got at the club, but unfortunately I really can't see Walter being adventurous to play a 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 with a diamond formation in midfield that will put all the pressure on the opposition.

As I said, we have the best squad,player for player in the SPL, but are really making it hard for ourself, waiting for our closest challengers to drop points instead of blowing very ordinary teams away and making the likes of the scum and Hearts wallow in our wake.

Unfortunately, mate! I agree with you.

We have still got the best squad player for player in the league, but we are playing like a team that's waiting for other teams to take points off the scum.

That performance against HIVS had the alarm bells ringing inside my head big time, when you sit and analyse the game.

Look at the amount of times that McCulloch either gave away needless free kicks in dangerous positions, or lost the ball in tackles he was a 60%-40% a certainty to win it but lost the challenge.

We had McGregor with the ball in his hands, so he looks around....rolls it to Weir, who passes it to Papac (or Whittaker) which looks good at that point for a built up attack playing the ball on the deck....But! hawd the fuckin bus!!!! Papac (or Whittaker) then passes the ball back to Weir who immediately hoomphs the ball into the middle of the Hibs defence who then build up an attack against us and we have all our midfielders chasing like fuck trying to get the very same ball we gave away back again! doh

Am I missing fuckin something here? :anguish:

The problems all stem from midfield.

The balance is not right and we are simply not creating the amount of chances for the strikers that we need to.

Apart from Jelavic's goal did he have any other clear cut chances that he either missed or the keeper made a great save.

Same for Naismith and Lafferty when he came on.

That midfield (coupled with the full backs) is good at containing teams and ensuring we are not on the recieiving end of chance after chance for the opposition.

By the same token it is not going to see us putting teams to the sword as we should have done with one of the poorest teams in Scottish Football.

The problems all stem from midfield.

The balance is not right and we are simply not creating the amount of chances for the strikers that we need to.

Apart from Jelavic's goal did he have any other clear cut chances that he either missed or the keeper made a great save.

Same for Naismith and Lafferty when he came on.

That midfield (coupled with the full backs) is good at containing teams and ensuring we are not on the recieiving end of chance after chance for the opposition.

By the same token it is not going to see us putting teams to the sword as we should have done with one of the poorest teams in Scottish Football.

That is EXACTLY the point I'm making. We have midfield players who are primed for running riot in the SPL and yet we fuck around with containment instead of going for the jugular,especially against teams we should have buried by half-time.

Ok...The Jambos game, we made all the running and got beaten. doh shit happens some times, but I really shake my head at some of the stuff we play.

I lost count of the amount of times we made a break yesterday when we got to just outside the HIVS 25yard area and before you know it, the ball was passed about 8 times and ended back with Weir or McGregor :blush: and this happens week-in, week-out....I'm fuckin speechless! :ph34r:

That is EXACTLY the point I'm making. We have midfield players who are primed for running riot in the SPL and yet we fuck around with containment instead of going for the jugular,especially against teams we should have buried by half-time.

Ok...The Jambos game, we made all the running and got beaten. doh shit happens some times, but I really shake my head at some of the stuff we play.

I lost count of the amount of times we made a break yesterday when we got to just outside the HIVS 25yard area and before you know it, the ball was passed about 8 times and ended back with Weir or McGregor :blush: and this happens week-in, week-out....I'm fuckin speechless! :ph34r:

We make breaks with the wrong players though or as you say when we get in to the "killing zone" where that killer pass should be made the lone forward is either marked or the full backs aren't overlapping to get a diagonal ball in behind their full back.

We only really had Jelavic pulling defenders out to create a hole in the middle for ...eh ...no one to run in to as Davis was punted out wide right.

Naismith was incredibly poor again last night and his form concerns me greatly.I know he is just back from injury but his last goal was on Nov 7th away to St Mirren.

There was a real lack of composure on the ball last night especially in that final 3rd.

I take it is just me that thinks it was a really good goal? He was on his wrong foot, stumbling back a bit and totally the wrong shape for the shot he produced. I thought it would be easier to miss given all the circumstances. Maybe he was just lucky ;)

We make breaks with the wrong players though or as you say when we get in to the "killing zone" where that killer pass should be made the lone forward is either marked or the full backs aren't overlapping to get a diagonal ball in behind their full back.

We only really had Jelavic pulling defenders out to create a hole in the middle for ...eh ...no one to run in to as Davis was punted out wide right.

Naismith was incredibly poor again last night and his form concerns me greatly.I know he is just back from injury but his last goal was on Nov 7th away to St Mirren.

There was a real lack of composure on the ball last night especially in that final 3rd.

I honestly thought Naismith would have been hooked because the longer the game went on, the worse his game became. I can see the sense where a manager keeps a player on to give him the chance to gain a bit of confidence when playing an inferior side, but Naismith just got worse,whether it was through injury or whether he just went back to his old self.

That scenario was custom made for Fleck,Wylde or even Kerkar to come on and show what they could bring to the table,if and when they may be called upon, but we seemed quite happy to accept the status quo and run down the clock without putting much effort into our passing.

I'm quite happy to see us keep possession of the ball,try different things and make the other team work, but to go out there and play like like we didn't care whether our passes found their target or not really annoyed the fuck out of me.

That is cheating your fans, plain and simple. :pipe:

I honestly thought Naismith would have been hooked because the longer the game went on, the worse his game became. I can see the sense where a manager keeps a player on to give him the chance to gain a bit of confidence when playing an inferior side, but Naismith just got worse,whether it was through injury or whether he just went back to his old self.

That scenario was custom made for Fleck,Wylde or even Kerkar to come on and show what they could bring to the table,if and when they may be called upon, but we seemed quite happy to accept the status quo and run down the clock without putting much effort into our passing.

I'm quite happy to see us keep possession of the ball,try different things and make the other team work, but to go out there and play like like we didn't care whether our passes found their target or not really annoyed the fuck out of me.

That is cheating your fans, plain and simple. :pipe:

We got 3 points...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS ON HERE TO MANY. <cr>

I take it is just me that thinks it was a really good goal? He was on his wrong foot, stumbling back a bit and totally the wrong shape for the shot he produced. I thought it would be easier to miss given all the circumstances. Maybe he was just lucky ;)

Shagger would have scored it if he was given it on a plate like that. Its what he is paid for though and they all count at the end of the season.

We got 3 points...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS ON HERE TO MANY. <cr>

That unfortunately is the depth this great club have plummeted to in this age...I'm going to ask you and all the other thinking bears a question....Do you think Walter Smith and Ally McCoist sit back after a game where our "Stars" can't even pass a fuckin ball 5-10 yards without stuffing it up and think to their selves....Yea that was ok because we got 3 points? doh