Boyd may consider Rangers return.

PaulRFC1

Former Rangers striker Kris Boyd has not ruled out the possibility of a return to Ibrox.

Boyd left Rangers for Middlesbrough last summer and was linked with a move back to his former club during the recent January transfer window.

"I enjoyed my time there," Boyd told BBC Scotland. "You never know what can happen in the future.

"I was always grateful for the people who took me there and also the fans for the way they treated me."

The departure of top scorer Kenny Miller last month left Rangers with a void to fill, but it was David Healy, and not Boyd, who was captured by manager Walter Smith.

Former Kilmarnock striker Boyd became the Scottish Premier League's all-time top scorer during his four-and-a-half-year spell with Rangers and, having turned down the chance to join Birmingham in 2009, left Glasgow on a Bosman transfer to join Boro.

However, the 27-year-old has endured a frustrating first season in the Championship in England, often being dropped to the bench and only netting six goals so far.

"There's always rumours kicking about," added the Scotland international. "Kenny left then there was a few injuries (at Rangers). But these things happen in football.

"Up the road, I was always linked with a move away. It happens, but I look forward to getting my head down here and working from now until the end of the season and we'll see what happens then.

"You never know in football. I enjoyed my time at the club and it was great to win as many things as I did and score as many goals as I did."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat a good Boyd thread. :D

I just posted it because he is actually talking about us this time and its not speculation without quotes etc.

Anyway...if we could sign him for nothing in the summer then I would take him.