Whittaker

joker69

seen a few of his pens that have been high but that one was low and had the keeper dived the other way would have got something on it, so odnt think he is that good a taker, he will miss one if he hits them like he did yesterday. hit them high to a side no keeper will save them, ever. would prefer jelavic to hit them, give him a bit more confidence..

Never at fault?

What game were you watching ?

Deflection or no deflection he was still badly out of position

:lol:

He's stepping up to cut out the original pass when the deflection off Edu takes it in the complete opposite direction. If he lets that pass go it's easily on its way to Ledley, who was running onto it.

He would have cut that pass out had it not taken that deflection, but as Ledley's charging forward he has the momentum and Whittaker has to re-adjust.

It's pretty obvious.

If you look at celtic's first goal, when izaguire tried to make the pass through to ledley, whittaker stepped up and would have taken the ball had the pass not deflected off of edu and gone away from whittaker and in behind for ledley, i actually thought he was quite unlucky.

:lol:

He's stepping up to cut out the original pass when the deflection off Edu takes it in the complete opposite direction. If he lets that pass go it's easily on its way to Ledley, who was running onto it.

He would have cut that pass out had it not taken that deflection, but as Ledley's charging forward he has the momentum and Whittaker has to re-adjust.

It's pretty obvious.

Absolutely correct, but you'll have an easier time arguing this point with a blind-folded Stevie Wonder.

Whittaker was unfortunate with the nick off edu in the build up. If he had not went for it people would moan ten times more.

Whittaker is nowhere near as bad as people make out and hes overall a far better player than Papac who as much as i like myself cant seem to do wrong in some peoples eyes.

Also Papac a good penalty taker? is that because his one penalty that i can remember him ever taking that he passed down the middle in Florence?? :lol:

To be honest I thought this was the perfect time to let Diouf step up and hit it.

Give the lad a bit confidence, and he can kick on.

But as said fair play to Whitts for the pressure spot kick.

I dont think Diouf lacks any confidence in his ability.

Even though he has been out of sorts for a while now he deserves a pat on the back for his pen yesterday.

Brilliantly taken after wating over three minutes in front of that baying manky mob.

Ive seen better players having to wait and fluffing their spot kick.

Let the Whittaker bashing commence as it will undoutbly do...

Also has anyone any idea why Jela not taking them?

Is it a case of waiting for Whittaker to miss one?

with regards to the penalty, i did wonder myself why the big fella wasnt taking them, maybe he is shite at pens?? who knows. But whittaker did take a good pen and has done in the past so lets hope he can keep it up if and when called upon again. WATP