Scottish Journalists

I only read the Scottish Herald and mostly the sports reporting is pretty fair, however Phil Gordon's article on the Gattuso incident seem's to try and bring the thing down to a Rangers Celtic thing, he quotes "Ex Celtic manager Lou Macari" (sic)and his thoughts on the matter, and although he mentions Gattuso as being an AC Milan player he then goes on and I quote.

"if he had reacted to the shocking behaviour of the former Rangers midfielder in the bust up"......

Why use these words in the same sentance as Rangers? is he trying too insinuate something? are Rangers now responsible in some way for his behaviour?

The guy was only at our club for just over a year and was a young boy, hardly a real Ex Ranger.

What the Fuck is it with these Journos!

Meh, as a journalism student, I'd probably have written it that way as well tbh.

I don't think there's anything in saying what he did, it's just relating it to the audience.

Also, we claim his as one of our own when it suits us, we can't expect to distance ourselves from him when he does something stupid.

One thing I always notice with the media here is, when Rangers or Celtic play another SPL team, they always say an opposition player "want to get one over their boyhood team".

Do they ask them who they support?

Sometimes, aye. :lol:

Generally we/they just know (journalism student here).

My point in posting was how the journo framed the sentance, he could have mentioned it at some other point in the article, but in that particular sentance he was either intentionally (or not) making the association of shocking behaviour and an ex Rangers player, he could quite easily have written shocking behaviour by the AC Milan player.

But no, he's just another Journo trying to stir it in the little goldfish bowl that is Glasgow IMO

Funny now that the Herald want's itself to be seen as a National newspaper

My point in posting was how the journo framed the sentance, he could have mentioned it at some other point in the article, but in that particular sentance he was either intentionally (or not) making the association of shocking behaviour and an ex Rangers player, he could quite easily have written shocking behaviour by the AC Milan player.

But no, he's just another Journo trying to stir it in the little goldfish bowl that is Glasgow IMO

Funny now that the Herald want's itself to be seen as a National newspaper

By relating it to Rangers/Celtic , theyl sell more papers in scotland

I only read the Scottish Herald and mostly the sports reporting is pretty fair, however Phil Gordon's article on the Gattuso incident seem's to try and bring the thing down to a Rangers Celtic thing, he quotes "Ex Celtic manager Lou Macari" (sic)and his thoughts on the matter, and although he mentions Gattuso as being an AC Milan player he then goes on and I quote.

"if he had reacted to the shocking behaviour of the former Rangers midfielder in the bust up"......

Why use these words in the same sentance as Rangers? is he trying too insinuate something? are Rangers now responsible in some way for his behaviour?

The guy was only at our club for just over a year and was a young boy, hardly a real Ex Ranger.

What the Fuck is it with these Journos!

phil gordon is a dhirty fenian bhastard, worked in his vicinity a few years ago. The cunt that gave him the job was another fenian bhastard alex gordon, no relation except the cellic family ! ;):sherlock: