Scouting System

bluereason

I would love to see Ally asking for a stronger scouting system before he is in the job. It annoys the sh*te out me that the mhanky mob are picking up players like Kayal, Commons, Izaguirre for transfer washers and have now gained ASSETS worth a lot more (to other EPL teams). I would like to see the scouting system totally overhauled and more emphasis attributed to it as there are plenty of bargains to be had if you put the research in.

Just my opinion.....felt I had to get it out as its Friday night and Mr Smirnoff told me to.

we dont have a scouting system because we cant afford one. we rely on agents videos and heresay, while the scum have set up a worldwide web of scouts and partnerships so they can bring in young players and sell them on for profit. just another example of why our club needs ripped apart and rebuilt

they have more scouts worldwide than we do, I have gone to several College games over here in the states and their were a few scouts there, mainly from the Englsih clubs but also 2 Celtic ones. We need to get our scouts out of scotland and into Asia and south America, its expensive but it will pay off in the end

Mr. Smirnoff is a great guy :D

Though it has to be said that we were in for Commons as well, I see what you mean. Balasz Dzsudzsak and Shinji Kagawa are two examples; both signed for half an Andrius Velicka, and now, a conservative estimate would put their combined value at close to £20m.....

Yeah but if it was so easy to run out and find cheap players that turn into stars, I think more clubs would do it on a regular basis! ;)

they have more scouts worldwide than we do, I have gone to several College games over here in the states and their were a few scouts there, mainly from the Englsih clubs but also 2 Celtic ones. We need to get our scouts out of scotland and into Asia and south America, its expensive but it will pay off in the end

Run into a couple myself here. Our scouting system is a shambles. Easy to spot players at Rugy Park or Tannadice when you're playing a half-dozen times a season, not so much when you maybe have to travel to watch someone. It's obvious we're throwing darts at the wall with talent abroad and hoping they stick. Joke for a club that needs to be able to turn profits on players.

Yeah but if it was so easy to run out and find cheap players that turn into stars, I think more clubs would do it on a regular basis! ;)

disagree all the best players once played for a wee club at some point, they don't just turn up at Man U or Barca with there possessions and say look i'm a superstar can i come in. There are plenty quality players out there who have not been discovered for 1 reason or another.

Charlie Adam prime example at our club couldn't get a game played out of position some diddy wee club buy him for peanuts plays him in his correct position and voila.

Hooper is a steal at 1mill or whatever it was

Better scouting of the championship and the lower English leagues is the way to go

agreed, there must be plenty of players who would jump at the chance to play in europe and win medals with us and at the same time would put themselves in the shop window of the big EPL clubs and we could make a profit. better than relying on videos and agents who will clearly say there players are the dogs balls. WATP :sherlock:

What is the point in having a scout when you can't afford to sign players?

That's like paying for pet insurance but cannot afford a dog!

Let the deal go through on the sale of the club and we might start to see a scouting system worthy of the Bears

IMO that just makes it even more important; it means that whenever the money becomes available, we have to make the very most of it.

We spent close to £6m on Jelavic, Beattie and Weiss. Weiss and Jelavic have done well (the less said about Beattie the better), but with the right scouting system in place, we could have made that £6m go a lot further.

Yep, with that £6M we could have sent a number of scouts on jollies around the World to stay in posh hotels and point out players we could have afforded if we did not waste money on scouts.

At the moment we normally only sign players we play against or play in Britain.

Jelavic was signed after taking Celtic apart in Europa league. I doubt we had looked at him before then.

I'd like to see us scout the scandanavian countries as I feel good promising players can be found there for a reasonable price and they also have a good record of settling into Scottish lifestyle.

We should also be looking at the South American market as a few gems can be found there.

As another poster said, the problem we have is that we can't afford to sign players at the moment due to financial restraints but something has to be done to improve how we identify potential new players.

Guest therabbitt

Billy McLaren and Billy Marshall are both full time scouts we employ as part of the youth academy, scouting for players that wouldn't go straight into the first team. We also employ over 30 coaches and scouts on a part time basis.

Billy McLaren and Billy Marshall are both full time scouts we employ as part of the youth academy, scouting for players that wouldn't go straight into the first team. We also employ over 30 coaches and scouts on a part time basis.

We have a youth academy?