Richard Foster

markybear

(I actually meant to post this last night but i forgot so here goes)

I'm not his biggest fan and his positioning was poor at sportings 2nd goal but he redeemed himself with his back heel 'nani-esk' dummy flick thingy and slotted pass to Healy to setup the clinching goal. He couldve easily punted the ball into the box and hoped for the best as most would have, his extra touch/flick turned out to be crucial in a well worked goal. That skill is very difficult to master especially at pace but he looked like he'd been doing it all his life, Credit where credits due Ricky

Take a bow son (tu)

That's all well and Gd chief, my post isnt my overall opinion of him, merely plauding his setup play for the goal

I thought he had a decent game last night mind you, but that winger tore him a new hole a good few times. Ibrox game he was shocking.

(I actually meant to post this last night but i forgot so here goes)

I'm not his biggest fan and his positioning was poor at sportings 2nd goal but he redeemed himself with his back heel 'nani-esk' dummy flick thingy and slotted pass to Healy to setup the clinching goal. He couldve easily punted the ball into the box and hoped for the best as most would have, his extra touch/flick turned out to be crucial in a well worked goal. That skill is very difficult to master especially at pace but he looked like he'd been doing it all his life, Credit where credits due Ricky

Take a bow son (tu)

I agree, the slotted pass to Healy was excellent but as you say, his positioning for Sporting's second goal was terrible.

I have watched Foster since he arrived on loan and to be totally honest, the Healy pass is the only thing he's done thats worth talking about.

Most of his passes end up at an opposing player and his ball control is pathetic.

As I said on another thread a day or so ago, I'm sorry but - he's just awful.

he would be in my starting 11 before whittaker(only just)

whittaker has been total pish this season,i hate it when he does that twinkle toes twirl stuff

trying to beat 3 players,and alway gets robbed!!

got to be the most frustrating player this season,by a mile.

He was 3 minutes from getting roasted on this by a lot of people :lol:

Credit where it's due, a lot of players heads would have dropped after that.

If I'm honest...

If his nani type flick didn't come off I'd been on here slating him for not crossing the ball when he had the chance :lol:

Im sticking up for foster here he with his trick initiated the move to put us into the Psv game through doing something different

It came off and if he hadnt it would be all gloom and doom on here .

As for defending that second goal where was the rest of the defence at that point ?

Yanikki took the goal well and came on his blind side on a 50/50 and won .

I dont care about their goal he put us into the next round more than edu for me

through a piece of skill if edu hadnt put that in there was others waiting behind him .

All this crap about edu he was useless again non existent in midfield yet again

but scoring on the line makes him alright again .

If I'm honest...

If his nani type flick didn't come off I'd been on here slating him for not crossing the ball when he had the chance :lol:

Good job he didn't decide to have a strike then, the ball probably would have ended up at Ibrox. :lol:

People who were involved the 'Smith Haters' thread will know that I rate this boy highly and my opinion only got better after that display.

I see he might be taking flack for his positioning for the second goal but those who are doing that - take a minute to think why.

'Papac is going to clear the ball up the park, surely, so it is time to not sit deep and push out, oh wait a minute here, Papac has fucked up and gifted these arses an easy chance - oh bollox I can't get back quick enough.'

Not his fault and Papac should be getting the pelters

'Papac is going to clear the ball up the park, surely, so it is time to not sit deep and push out, oh wait a minute here, Papac has fucked up and gifted these arses an easy chance - oh bollox I can't get back quick enough.'

Not his fault and Papac should be getting the pelters

Papac was fouled

I don't think he was.

He should have booted the ball away as soon as he got it, the guy nicked it off him

The Sporting player never even touched the ball when he sent Papac flying - I thought so at the game and I still think so having watched it again several times.

Definite foul