Ness' injury...

Bobby83

This was my thought too, Its alomst as though we don't want anyone to see him play as he has massive potential.... Really strange I feel he is the most missed, with him and mcculloch in mid you have the defensive quality and the link between defence and forwards. We've badly missed this.

This has probably been posted somewhere else already but Walter Smith said,

"He has been hampered by a groin injury recently but that is clearing up and everything going well he might be ready to come back this weekend." on the official website.

Good news then! :D

• 1 month later...

I'd rather we just leave him out of the team and let him recover fully so he can get a full pre-season under his belt. We have been winning without him so he's not immediately needed, I'd prefer him playing but he's not extremely important yet.

Protect him for next season I say.

He is starting to become too injury prone for my liking.

He needs a good pre season where he builds his fitness levels up quite a bit.

Whats the injury then?

I don't think we will see him again this season.

News on injuries is scarce for some reason.

He won't be back next week though, only Weiss, Jelavic and Papac are in contention IIRC.

Weiss is back with Man City now

Could yet be another young player held back through injuries.

Was he always injured in the youths as well?

I'm sure I've heard he hasn't played 6 consecutive games in his whole career at Rangers, no matter what age.

I'm sure I've heard he hasn't played 6 consecutive games in his whole career at Rangers, no matter what age.

If that's true that's a tragedy, great potential but never going to amount to nothing if he can't play more than six games on the trout.

If that's true that's a tragedy, great potential but never going to amount to nothing if he can't play more than six games on the trout.

Yep. My hopes of him becoming a top player are pretty much out the windae. Not going to get myself excited about this one.

Growing pains at his age? Mate he's no just started spouting pubes. You can kid yourself on and say whatever, but if he has NEVER played more than 6 games on the bounce for Rangers at any level then chances of him becoming top class are slim.

Really hope he does but ain't kidding myself.

It'll be a shame if he can't sort his fitness issues out. He's clearly got a lot of ability and had established himself as a first team regular.

For all of Jelavic's class this year, I still think Ness has scored the best Rangers goal this season. :drool:

Growing pains at his age? Mate he's no just started spouting pubes. You can kid yourself on and say whatever, but if he has NEVER played more than 6 games on the bounce for Rangers at any level then chances of him becoming top class are slim.

Really hope he does but ain't kidding myself.

Liverpool's captain Steven Gerrard was always destined to play for his boyhood club. He has everything you need to be a top class footballer. After impressing as a trainee at Liverpool he signed a professional contract at the age of 17 and within in twelve months he had made his first team debut.

In the coming years, the promising Whiston born lad, was plagued with injuries to his back and groin, caused by his body's growing pains. He got over the worst of the injuries and by the year 2000 was establishing himself as one of the country's finest prospects. Kevin Keegan confirmed this when he handed Stevie his first international cap against Ukraine in 2000. His international career continued to blossom and was included in Keegan's Euro 2000 squad.

By the year 2000 Gerrard was 20 the same age as Ness is just now.

And like Gerrard since Ness signed as you say he has been plagued by injuries.

I can remember reading that at about the time Gerrard was 17/18 he took a big sprout in growth, would be interesting to know if Ness also took a quick sprout in growth