Healy on staying

Boab

David Healy would love to play a part in bringing silverware to Ibrox during the next two months.

The on-loan Sunderland striker said: "We have a chance of winning things this term and that's what we aim to do.

"I want to play in the games we have left. The more minutes I can get, the better.

"I've not played as often as I would have liked but I try to keep my fitness up by doing extra work with our fitness coach, Adam Owen.

"We all know the squad is thin so the chances will come to play in games.

"I've played against Motherwell, St Mirren and Sporting Lisbon and it has been great. In fact, it has surpassed my expectations.

"It was a special moment for me to score at Ibrox against Motherwell."

Healy would love to stay on at Ibrox but that decision will be up to manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist.

Healy said: "I want to stay here. I love the club. But we'll wait and see what happens.

"I'm not concerned about the situation. There's plenty of time to sort it out.

"During the past couple of years I've been here, there and everywhere.

"We'll see what Coisty has to say about it but he's not happy with me at the moment because myself and Allan McGregor beat him and Kenny McDowall at table-tennis. They're gunning for us!"

Has shown some glimpses of promise, more to prove though.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2011/03/13/walter-smith-we-re-still-in-three-competitions-yet-some-people-ignore-our-achievements-86908-22987058/

Every atricle posted about him says different things!

This one says, "the on-loan Sunderland striker" I thought he was signed on a 6month deal after being released by Sunderland?

For me it depends who else we can get in. If we can get rid of Beattie then i would maybe offer him a year deal with the option of another year!

Looks like he can offer us something whenever he plays but clearly isnt match fit yet.

I was convinced he was on loan, but people on here said otherwise.

I hope he stays to be honest. He's barely been given a chance in his preferred role of having a strike partner since he arrived.

hes on a short term deal untill the end of the season, not a loan. Hes shown he does have something to offer at the club. Never a prolific goalscorer but he will create chances for other people. Him and Jelavic werent great the time they did play together but partnerships take time and i would like to see the 2 of them play together a lot more.