Can you remember your first Rangers game ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. First game at Ibrox was a Scottish Cup game against Falkirk in March 1999. We won 2-1, Amoruso scored a thirty-yard trundler.

Walter's second last win at Pittodrie :sherlock:

The only Rangers game I've ever been to was against Motherwell in 1995. Fantastic experience. First game I ever saw (or remember seeing) was the final group game of the 92/93 Champions League where we drew with CSKA Moscow and got bundled out. Heartbreaking as an 8 year old.

My 1st Gers game was actually my 1st old firm game, got beat 2-0 in 94 at ibrox :disappointment:

Been to MANY games against the filth since and thankfully the win to loss ratio is by far in our favour :)

scottish cup tie against dundee , we got whacked 3-0 and i think it was 1974 ...... never going back my dad said, think he got it wrong :D

was that the game we wore red kpl ? at ibrox if so i was in the centenary stand with my older brother and he told me after the game your no going back your a fucking jinx :D w.a.t.p

was that the game we wore red kpl ? at ibrox if so i was in the centenary stand with my older brother and he told me after the game your no going back your a fucking jinx :D w.a.t.p

Also in Centenary Stand that day. IIRC the game took place on a Sunday and that the attendance was over 64,000.

Think you're correct re- wearing red,can't remember anything about the game though.

Also in Centenary Stand that day. IIRC the game took place on a Sunday and that the attendance was over 64,000.

Think you're correct re- wearing red,can't remember anything about the game though.

yes jcb i remember we never seemed to win when i watched them playing in the all red strip.and even till this day i just dont like them playing in a red strip although we win more often than not compared to years ago.

I'm sure it was the 69/70 season I was only a wee boy my grandpa took me to the stand I can still smell the bovril :happy: now it was either Aberdeen first and Hibs in the cup second or the other way around but we lost both games :( the thing that always sticks in my mind with the Hibs game was Peter Marinello the ex Hibs player who had just signed for Arsenal was sitting behind me in the stand, after my first game I was hooked and I still get the same feeling when going to the brox as I did all those years ago its great to be a Rangers fan my son has followed suit it sounds corny but there's nothing better when we go to the games together, apologies for a long answer to a simple question

...yeah that game was the first ever to be played on a Sunday in Scotland...we were well skelped 3-0 that afternoon, iirc Jocky Scott and big John Duncan (later of Spurs) did the damage.

My own first game was the Scottish Cup Final Replay in 1963...sitting on my big brother's shoulders, watching Ralphie Brand scoring two, and my hero Davy Wilson getting the other in a 3-0 gubbing of The Great Un-Washed !!

...yeah that game was the first ever to be played on a Sunday in Scotland...we were well skelped 3-0 that afternoon, iirc Jocky Scott and big John Duncan (later of Spurs) did the damage.

My own first game was the Scottish Cup Final Replay in 1963...sitting on my big brother's shoulders, watching Ralphie Brand scoring two, and my hero Davy Wilson getting the other in a 3-0 gubbing of The Great Un-Washed !!

Aye Dundee were a decent team back then.Can't remember his name but their goalkeeper was excellent and i think went to the 74 World Cup.

(tu)

The first game I can remember was a reserve game at Ibrox vs the beggars, the place was packed, mightve been Durrants comeback? 1st team was against Dundee sometime in the nineties. Cup game I'm sure, I was a wee nipper!

The first time I went on my uncles supporters bus I was about 4 and my da's pal came upto me and said "awryt wee man" and I replied "fuck off ya pape" respect me or die

dundee utd mid week won 4-0 - was pissing down - sat at the back of the copland - shat myself when we scored the first (i was only small) - by the time the 4th went in I was a natural!!

First OF game 2-2 macca smakka - brill!! :crabflute: