Healy and the rest...

The Hammer

Whittaker is a poor RB, but better than Foster - just. We need a good RB and probably a better LB too. Neither can defend against a speedy winger who hugs the touchline. Whittaker can be good going forward but is very inconsistent.

The fact is we could do with revamping our defence as Boogie has regressed and Weir is getting old fast. Not sure what next year will bring, but should be very interesting.

Beattie - Panic buy when it looked like the Jelavic deal was dead.Sell and cut our losses as he is no good to us now.

Weiss - Would love him to stay also. The one thing in our favour is the fact he loves it up here and won't get near the Man City 1st team.

Jelavic - Looks a player in the making. Still not really seen him at his best but definately needs help for next season.

Foster - Did ok but was an Aberdeen reserve for a reason. Not fussed either way if he stays or goes but if he stays then he should not have a lot of money spent in attaining his services.

Kerkar - Absolutely disgraceful waste of wages as there was never any intention of playing him. Bougherra's pal no more no less.

Healy - Simply not good enough and said this before he arrived.

Diouf - Too slwo and doesn't suit our more direct style of attacking play. Back to Blackburn for me as he will keep a Hutton or Ness or Wylde out the team if he stays.

Bartley - The class act in defence that i would love to see permanently at Ibrox but two chances of that happening sadly.

I never watched the whole game? Aye right.

As for your point about Ledley's marker, you are correct.

The point I was making to the poster was that when Izaguirre crossed the ball, Whittaker was standing guarding the 18 yard box with not a soul in sight.

And where did I criticise Whittaker as a player?...I criticised Whittaker as a defender, and if you read the fuckin post properly I stated that Whittacker has all the attributes to be a good footballer, as opposed to being a good full back.

I have always maintained in this very forum that Whittaker should play in an attacking midfield role because he is fast, got good feet and can really strike a ball, but is a fuckin terrible defender.

Behave myself! I know who should behave their self.

Well said.

Well said.

To be fair to Whittaker, he played extremely well when he went back in the middle.I've lost count the amount of times on here where I've said that when he gets tight on an attacker, he looks a completely different player, but doesn't do it often enough, and that goal of theirs proved my point once again...Everybody knew that when Izaguirre got that ball back that he was going to whip it in with his left peg, because he as sure as fuck isn't any good with his right one.

Lafferty gave him an inch too much admittedly, but why was Whitts standing at the 18yard line ball watching!

I'm fuckin positive he's got a bit of Aborigine in him,because his head's always going walkabout when he gets time to think.

I really will be glad when we get two defenders that can do just that,and I'm not talking about Foster or Papac either....Good lads who try their hardest and give everything for the team, but not of the required quality who play to a consistently high standard.

To be fair to Whittaker, he played extremely well when he went back in the middle.I've lost count the amount of times on here where I've said that when he gets tight on an attacker, he looks a completely different player, but doesn't do it often enough, and that goal of theirs proved my point once again...Everybody knew that when Izaguirre got that ball back that he was going to whip it in with his left peg, because he as sure as fuck isn't any good with his right one.

Lafferty gave him an inch too much admittedly, but why was Whitts standing at the 18yard line ball watching!

I'm fuckin positive he's got a bit of Aborigine in him,because his head's always going walkabout when he gets time to think.

I really will be glad when we get two defenders that can do just that,and I'm not talking about Foster or Papac either....Good lads who try their hardest and give everything for the team, but not of the required quality who play to a consistently high standard.

Whittaker is only a good defender when the attacker has his back to him. However as you and i have said on numerous occasions he is not a defender full stop. With his technical ability and height he is more valuable to the team in a more attacking role but his career is going to suffer because he has no defined role that he excels in.

If Bougherra is out with an injury it would be interesting to see if Smith sticks with him at centre half given how well he coped when Bougherra went off. Or will he put Papac in and put Whittaker out left with Foster at RB.

The point remains though that full backs are our weak link in the defence and opposition wingers get bye them far too easily.

Whittaker is only a good defender when the attacker has his back to him. However as you and i have said on numerous occasions he is not a defender full stop. With his technical ability and height he is more valuable to the team in a more attacking role but his career is going to suffer because he has no defined role that he excels in.

If Bougherra is out with an injury it would be interesting to see if Smith sticks with him at centre half given how well he coped when Bougherra went off. Or will he put Papac in and put Whittaker out left with Foster at RB.

The point remains though that full backs are our weak link in the defence and opposition wingers get bye them far too easily.

I agree with all that. I often wonder if our full backs are instructed to defend that way,because EVERY player I've personally seen play in that role has defended exactly the same.

I would love to ask Walter exactly why this is.

Would absolutely love Weiss and Bartley back next season. Healy and Foster are not the worst squad players to have if it comes down to it.

Kerkar and Beattie need to be moved on. Beattie was desperate and Kerkar .. Who knows!

As for Diouf, he's not a striker. But does anyone think that he could shine playing behind Jelavic if we keep the attacking outlook from Sunday?

I think Walter Smith pulled a genuis signing in ricky foster, yes he should be moved on in the summer and he's not good enough but that's why we signed him on loan. Under our current finical crisis and lack of players he has done very well in coming in, espically against celtix, valencia and who could forgot that ronaldo chop in lisbon to basically get us a goal, I wish you the best richard foster and even though you aren't good enough for us, in the short term you have done brillant job for us and I would dread to go back to the rotten sheep :(

As for weiss IMO he is going to be a world class player in the near future if we sign him, I will ejactulate. Bartley looks good to could become like a bougherra/cuellar level player. :)