why do we...

Skelf

This came up a few months ago mate. Don't know about anyone else but its a 'til next time' gesture kind of like you would shake a mates hand when you leave each others company, thats what it is for me anyway.

Makes sense mate. Its quite funny actually. A always have a laff to myself because u just hear about thousand slaps on way out. Bang bang bang and so on. Haha

Good point! I've never actually thought about this.

I've seen it done since the late eighties when my dad

started taking me! Has is always been done??

Av had season ticket 17 years and as far as I can remember its always been done. As Mr C says makes sense tbh

Av had season ticket 17 years and as far as I can remember its always been done. As Mr C says makes sense tbh

Yay at long last and after 5 years on this board somebody finally says that I have talked some sense. Cheers Skelf! :D

But aye its just a gesture to an old friend as it were

Yay at long last and after 5 years on this board somebody finally says that I have talked some sense. Cheers Skelf! :D

But aye its just a gesture to an old friend as it were

Its defo not everyones friend, some people give it a fair thump!

Pretty sure the players tap the top of the dressing room door when they are going onto the pitch, at least thats what I was told on the Ibrox tour. Maybe it's a good luck thing or what the others are suggesting.

.. Slap the sign when leaving Ibrox? Ever since I can remember we have been slapping our stand sign on way out doors. Always wondered when this started.

Footballers generaly touch the club badge on the way to the park and such like... either above the door or on the way down the tunnel

dunno if thats where it stems from but its is one of these little funny things we all do..

seen a guy not so long ago turn around and come back through the crowd to do it

Its just part of my usual match day rituals:

Enter turnstile to the right

1st flight of steps, kick bottom step of centre stairway. Always centre stairway and always both feet.

2nd steps, same as first.

Enter toilet, wait in line for cubicle, never once needed to actually use the toilet mind.

Enter cubicle, close door, kiss season ticket and talk to someone in my head, beggin them to let us win.

Leave toilet, climb last two sets of stairs, again kick both bottom stairs with both feet.

Arrive at seat, my old man takes the seat nearest the broomland stand.

Enjoy yet another win.

Centre stairway all the way down, slap the top of the exit, both hands, and away we go.

1st flight of steps, kick bottom step of centre stairway. Always centre stairway and always both feet.

Enter toilet, wait in line for cubicle, never once needed to actually use the toilet mind.

Enter cubicle, close door, kiss season ticket and talk to someone in my head, beggin them to let us win.

Leave toilet, climb last two sets of stairs, again kick both bottom stairs with both feet.

Enjoy yet another win.

Centre stairway all the way down, slap the top of the exit, both hands, and away we go.

SIMPLES :sherlock:

Enjoy yet another win.

OCD? Haha

I make a point of never doing it. I have no idea why. I jsut do not conform sometimes!

Me too. Not because I don't want to conform. More because it would bring me no personal satisfaction whatsoever and I therefore do not care that everyone else does it

Ive been accused of having the old ocd before because of this and many others! I cant help it now, ive been doing it too long i just cant stop now, i'd blame myself if we lost a game, a league, the toss at the start of the game.... Should see the state of me when i see a royal mail van!

Ive been accused of having the old ocd before because of this and many others! I cant help it now, ive been doing it too long i just cant stop now, i'd blame myself if we lost a game, a league, the toss at the start of the game.... Should see the state of me when i see a royal mail van!

Go on share...