If you could pair up any two Rangers players from past and present...

papaguy51

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baxter and Gascoigne. Can older readers enlighten me: could Gascoigne have played alongside Baxter?

They would have made a devastating pairing...........................................if they both turned up sober for the games!

Maybe, if there were two balls on the pitch!

That's exactly why I said it wouldn't work,casey.

Let's face it...a midfield four of Gascoigne-Baxter-Laudrup in todays game might look good in the attacking sense (If they ever passed the ball to each other) but whoever the other midfielder was would be pretty busy defending on his own, because the other three would be about as useful as a waterproof fuckin tea-bag.

Let's face it...a midfield four of Gascoigne-Baxter-Laudrup in todays game might look good in the attacking sense (If they ever passed the ball to each other) but whoever the other midfielder was would be pretty busy defending on his own, because the other three would be about as useful as a waterproof fuckin tea-bag. Edu.

True mate. :D

True mate. :D

I have got to admit that I've never seen a player go backwards so quick as Edu.

Whether it's because he lost confidence after that clogging from Loovens, I don't know,or whether his brain doesn't react quick enough for Scottish fitba'...whatever it is, if he doesn't improve mighty quickly, he has to go.

Let's face it...a midfield four of Gascoigne-Baxter-Laudrup in todays game might look good in the attacking sense (If they ever passed the ball to each other) but whoever the other midfielder was would be pretty busy defending on his own, because the other three would be about as useful as a waterproof fuckin tea-bag.

Defending? Pah, we'd just score more than the opposition, mate. :D

I have got to admit that I've never seen a player go backwards so quick as Edu.

Whether it's because he lost confidence after that clogging from Loovens, I don't know,or whether his brain doesn't react quick enough for Scottish fitba'...whatever it is, if he doesn't improve mighty quickly, he has to go.

Lacking confidence, yes, but do you think that he just may not know what role he's supposed to be playing at Rangers?

Lacking confidence, yes, but do you think that he just may not know what role he's supposed to be playing at Rangers?

Well he certainly looks like it, but if you saw the training sessions in Sydney, you might be asking whether he is being told to play that way (not including his bad passing and ball control technique) of course.

It's the same as how all our full backs defend the same,no matter who they are.

I know one thing for sure...Edu isn't a holding midfielder in any sense of the word.

Well that used to be the mantra of the "old" Brazil and Di Stefano & Puskas led Real Madrid teams, so why not! (tu)

I can remember ozzy ardiles spurs team playing like that total thrill a minute you were glued to your seat when they were on the telly a few 5-4 results I can remember

Well he certainly looks like it, but if you saw the training sessions in Sydney, you might be asking whether he is being told to play that way (not including his bad passing and ball control technique) of course.

It's the same as how all our full backs defend the same,no matter who they are.

I know one thing for sure...Edu isn't a holding midfielder in any sense of the word.

My thoughts exactly, Oz. Maybe next season will see an upturn in his fortunes. He will certainly need to go some to win over the support, if it's not too late already.

I can remember ozzy ardiles spurs team playing like that total thrill a minute you were glued to your seat when they were on the telly a few 5-4 results I can remember

If you go back to the Brazil teams of the 1950's, they didn't have a clue about defending,in the reals sense of what we call defending.

Their idea of defending was...If they score five...we will score six. And as for goalkeepers? :lol:

Think of the worst goalie you have ever seen in your life, and he would be first pick for Brazil.