Stefan Klos

OrangeBurn

World class shot stopper, but not a world class keeper for me.

McGregor is better all-round. Again, in my opinion.

Agree with this. And if Klos was world class, what was Goram? Probably the most naturally talented keeper I've ever seen. Which is to say I've never seen any goalkeeper, any sportsman even, who so completely defied his obvious and glaring physical limitations, especially against the tims, where he became superhuman.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stefan klos was an great servant to this club and won us a number of points during his time here, i also agree that he never got the send off he really should have which was a shame. I have seen Goram, Woods, Klos and mcgregor mentioned as great keepers over the years but i dont think anyone could deny that wattereus done a fantastic job for us also!

klos was superb goalie, but i have to say goram was the better of the two, IMO. :crabflute:

just watched that game v hearts from earlier in the thread, some truly magnificent saves there, and i had forgotten that petric and jukebox had gone on to play for hearts!! ffs eh :craphead:

Stefan Klos was a terrific keeper and significantly better than McGregor but I'm not sure if even he was world class. It's a pretty subjective term but it's branded about too much now.

Stefan klos was an great servant to this club and won us a number of points during his time here, i also agree that he never got the send off he really should have which was a shame. I have seen Goram, Woods, Klos and mcgregor mentioned as great keepers over the years but i dont think anyone could deny that wattereus done a fantastic job for us also!

Waterreus was a bombscare.

We Rangers fans as a generalisation have a cunt of a view about keepers mainly due to the fact that we haven't had a "bad" keeper in at least 25 years. Woods, Goram, Klos, McGregor.

As as goalkeeper myself, I grew up absolutely idolising Klos. I was young at the time, but seeing that donkey Waterreus after him broke my heart :/

A true hero for me when I was young. Still love watching highlights of him to this day.

Goram > Klos > McGregor

And Jesper Christiansen pushes his way to the top of that list of course :rolleyes:

We Rangers fans as a generalisation have a cunt of a view about keepers mainly due to the fact that we haven't had a "bad" keeper in at least 25 years. Woods, Goram, Klos, McGregor.

I can't think of any club in Britain that has been as lucky with keepers in that timeframe. Not one.

I can't think of any club in Britain that has been as lucky with keepers in that timeframe. Not one.

We even got rid of Niemi because he couldn't get a game

Stefan Klos saved us an absolute ton of points over the course of a season. The amount of games we could have lost or drawn but eventually won because Klos pulled off a couple of world class saves is unreal. That's why he'll always be a legend to me!